AnnouncementsIt's been on the blink ever since we went to HTTPS, but the favicon is finally back in operation.
All I can guess is it was cached really hard in my browser, because I have no idea how I didn't notice sooner otherwise.
Thu May 10, 2018 4:44 pm by Mogri
We have another stable release! Download it here:
* Many new map-editor features, including mouse support.
* Enemy "appear" animations.
* Customizable hero experience curve.
* Textbox save/load/delete/end game conditionals.
* Unhid still-experimental option for non-320x200 games.
* Copy-paste text between the editor and other applications.
* Visual browsers for sprites...
Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:41 am by Bob the Hamster
So there was a very serious bug in Dwimmercrafty, which I have just fixed. EVeryone currently using dwimmercrafty should download dwimmercrafty+1
The bug was deleting the On-Death-Bequest attack and the Non-Elemental-Counter attack from all enemies as soon as the game was loaded into custom.
If you never used those enemy features, then you have nothing to worry about.
If you only used them a few times, you can just re-add them with...
Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:18 pm by Bob the Hamster
Intrepid user Virtuous Sword just surprised me by doing something that I did not know was possible: becoming the first person to donate directly to the site. I have no idea how Virtuous Sword stumbled upon it -- it took me a few minutes to figure out how to generate this link, but here is the donation URL.
If you have been around long enough, then you know that I have never petitioned donations to keep the site around. The site has been...
Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:35 am by Mogri
A new stable ohrrpgce release is upon us!
Download it for your platform here: https://rpg.hamsterrepublic.com/ohrrpgce/Downloads
Here are a few highlights of the new features:
* NPC pathfinding, and other new NPC movetypes including follow-walls
* Record .gif videos with Ctrl-F12
* More map layers, hero definitions, and global variables
* More info shown in-game in shops and spell lists
* One-way walls
* Lots of new in-game debug keys/F8 debug menu options, and a similar new menu...
Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:02 pm by Bob the Hamster
As one of these demons, and a demon lord at that, you're none too happy about that.
...but is there even a way out? And even if there was, would you be able to conquer the myriad demons who now seek your defeat?
This is a 3D dungeon crawler in the vein of Etrian Odyssey, originally made for the HOTOHR 2016 contest.
(An Educational Game Starring Bob the Hamster)
Soap is bad for you to eat. It is good for washing your hands,
but very very bad for you to put in your mouth. If soap ever
accidentally gets in your mouth, spit it out! This game is
an educational simulation using the latest in 8-bit gaming
technology so that you can experience mouth-related soap
accidents from the safety of your living-room without risk
of actual hospitalization.
Remember! This is only a game! Do not try it at home!
A Bob the Hamster Game.
Made with the OHRRPGCE.
Art & Scripting - James Paige
Soundtrack - John Sebastian Willow
Register here at Slime Salad and ask us how. It's easy and fun. Best of all, it's completely free!
Update 11-Sept-08: Documentation for our Brazilian friends
Update 18-Oct-07: Cosmetic stuff! The attacks all have graphics and sounds now. Aren't you happy?
Update 25-Nov-06: New palette (menus are now easier to navigate). Minor bugfixes. Some BAMs updated to MIDI.
Update 18-Nov-06: Safe2, Shell2 costs further reduced; some items fixed.
Update 07-Jan-05: 5 Hits weakened; Safe2, Shell2 and Big Guard MP costs reduced.
For the 2004 Human Day and Epic Marathon contests.
What is Darkmoor Dungeon? It is strategic RPG battling in the finest tradition of classic games such as the SNES...
Current Version: 0.1
UPDATE Sept. 7, 2018: First beta release; very much in progress. The current state is more of a proof of concept than anything else.
- 3 Explorable areas:
* Starting area: an island in the sky where you can save (that's about it right now)
* Laden Town: the underealm, and the town you're attempting to save. NPCs wander around pretty randomly and say arbitrary things. Their current behavior does not accurately reflect the intended behavior for a completed version.
* The Desolation: reach this area by exiting Laden via the southwest or southeast gates. Here are monsters and treasure and sometimes sheep. The battles are in no way balanced. They should all be winnable in one or two attacks.