AnnouncementsTime for another stable release! We are once again attempting a release every three months, which means this one is a mere month late!
Gorgonzola has more bug-fixes than features, but it's notable nonetheless :)
Download links are here
* An impossible dream in the DOS days, transparency! Sprite and Map layer slices can have opacity and choice of three blending modes: normal transparency, add (good for clouds, coloured lights), multiply (good for shadows). (You need a one-line script to make a map layer transparent).
* Six new enemy dissolve/appear types
* Titlescreen Text, displayed at bottom of the tilescreen
* Script triggers for adding, removing, swapping heroes
Sun May 03, 2020 12:18 pm by TMC
This stable release was a bit late! But it also has a lot of good stuff in it!
* Games can be played with mouse or (mostly working) joystick
* Spritesets and backdrops can be any size
* Hero counter-attacks
* Hero MP meters
* Graphical browsers for sprites, attacks, enemies, maps, textboxes, etc.
* Enemy Usage and Foemap Statistics screens
* Menu item colors and real unselectable menu items
Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:53 pm by Bob the Hamster
Filed under "why didn't we do this sooner?"
The screenshot displayed is the most recent one you've attached to your listing.
Wed May 22, 2019 4:06 pm by Mogri
I've upgraded the PHP version used by the site, and it caused some problems that I've been slowly sorting out. If you run into any problems from this point on, please bring them to my attention.
I was hoping this upgrade would fix the sporadic "Oh no!" messages you may or may not have been seeing, but it does not appear to have helped in that department.
Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:09 pm by Mogri
If you're reading this, there's an excellent chance you weren't using this functionality, but it's good news all the same:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:02 am by Mogri
Play as Axe Cop and his team in this classic retro RPG! Take on challenging missions against his most devious enemies such as Bad Santa Claus, Dr. Stinkyhead, Dr. Doo doo and more! The Axe Cop Game is great for casual and hardcore RPG gamers alike, offering plenty of strategy, quests and story for any gamer to sink their axe into!
The full game is available on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1193300/Axe_Cop/
Sort of kind of a contestant in the 2015 Random Collaboration Contest
Available for Android on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hamsterrepublic.devwaffles.free
<TheGiz> Trash talking this contest is way more fun when I don't have a hrose in the race
<Feenicks> No plans of putting one in?
<TheGiz> Why the hell would I
<Bob_the_Hamster> what should we do for our SECRET collab contest entry?
<TheGiz> My secret goal in this community is that I own a Waffle House
<TheGiz> And I find that failed game developers make excellent waffle cooks
<TheGiz> So I'm trying to wash as many of you out as possible to feed my empire's need for waffles
<Bob_the_Hamster> That evil plan is... delicious