Show off your graphics!

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Alk
Red Slime

Post by Alk »

I personally believe your tiger looked better before. I also think it looked fine before. Your characters have the same style of outline as well. In my opinion, you should stick with that style because it gives your game a consistency in the artwork. It may not be technically superior or whatever the right term would be but I think the consistency outweighs that. Just my opinion.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

I agree with Alk. The only thing I'd like to add though is how the shading may look great but it isn't consistent with the rest of the game so it actually looks bad. Maybe if this were a boss things where all the bosses were shaded as such it would work. Maybe that's actually what's going on I don't know. ( I haven't played very much of your game, heh sorry )
Anyways, For Sure put back the line. There are soo many reason to. 1) the tiger blends in with the background now. Bad. 2) the style should be consistent. 3) The claws still have the outline which makes the rest look weird.

Another option would be to outline the tiger in another color, other than black. You could keep this within the style of the game by doing the same thing with your other enemies too and I think it would add depth to your art. This is only my opinion though, so take it with a grain of salt.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

I like the not-quite-black color you used to outline the tiger's right front leg. i think that would look good for outlining the whole tiger, and it might represent a pleasing compromise between the black outline look and the outlineless look.
Spazman
Slime Knight

Post by Spazman »

here's an updated pic of the Doomguy sprite.

Last edited by Spazman on Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Master K
King Slime

Post by Master K »

Pssst...

Well this can't be good...
Nathan Karr
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Nathan Karr »

Yes it can.
Remeber: God made you special and he loves you very much. Bye!
Nathan Karr
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Nathan Karr »

I'm expanding a technically complete game. Also gonna fix the problem of boss NPCs disappearing even when you lost to them.
Remeber: God made you special and he loves you very much. Bye!
Spazman
Slime Knight

Post by Spazman »

Here is the battlw sprite for one of the biggest monsters ever to hit the OHR: The Cyberdemon Lord. (Redrawn in 16 colors to fit the game)

KF Harlock
Slime Knight

Obligatory Roach Enemy!

Post by KF Harlock »

This is from my next project, a relatively small-scale sci-fi RPG:

SPELLSHARD: THE BLACK CROWN OF HORGOTH now COMPLETE! <a href="http://www.slimesalad.com/forum/viewgam ... 4363">Grab it today!</a>
KF Harlock
Slime Knight

Post by KF Harlock »

Nathan Karr, I wanted to say that I really like your sprites as well. Whatever you want to say about shading and such, every one of your sprites exhibits a strong sense of SHAPE and an identifiable, well-composed outline. The more I draw in pixels, the more I realize how fundamentally important this is to having a good end product. So I think you're in a really good place as far as spriting goes.
SPELLSHARD: THE BLACK CROWN OF HORGOTH now COMPLETE! <a href="http://www.slimesalad.com/forum/viewgam ... 4363">Grab it today!</a>
Master K
King Slime

Post by Master K »

My my my, who are these teens...?

Concept art...;)
Voltire
Slime Knight

Post by Voltire »

Been away for a little while so here's a picture of the hero of a new game I started today (double sized):

Feenicks
Metal Slime

Post by Feenicks »

Now there isn't just one nuclear hell raven in town.
[Might as well post the bird from the other end of the power spectrum I made a few days ago as well.]
edit: I messed around with the wings and whatnot of this gal, and the newer version is shown. Here's the older version.
Last edited by Feenicks on Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shakeyair
Slime Knight

Post by shakeyair »

crocogator!
shakeyair
Slime Knight

Post by shakeyair »

evil guy!

EDIT: could someone make the grey in my avatar transparent? graphicsgale wont let me for some reason?
Last edited by shakeyair on Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.