Show off your graphics!

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

kylekrack
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by kylekrack »

@Fenrir: I love Space-Anubis. The glowing effect on his translates really well. I don't know if you've ever played any modded Minecraft, but his eldrichy look reminds me of some stuff from the Thaumcraft mod.

@Soda_piggy: Amazing translation into pixels with Craw. Wonderful colors, as all your other sprites have shown.

I've been working on animation more. Having Aseprite really assists the process. GIMP isn't the best for pixel art, I've come to realize..

My pronouns are they/them
Ps. I love my wife
guo
Metal Slime

Post by guo »

I like it KK. Hermes?

Space Anubis reminds me of one of the skins from Smite.
vvight.wordpress.com
Fenrir-Lunaris
Metal Slime

Post by Fenrir-Lunaris »

Some heroes from my upcoming game, tentatively titled "Spooks and Summons". Like my last two publicly released games, the heroes and allies you acquire all have particular roles in combat, such as melee attacks, debuffing, healing, elemental weakness exploiters and so on. You'll have to put together a party using the allies available to you, which may change in unpredictable ways as the adventure goes on! [s]Nah, it's a Gatcha system. Prepare to be swamped with T1 trash while you repeatedly pull for T4 units.[/s]

There's a few familiar faces in this crowd. Let's see if you can guess who's who? [s]I wonder if tier-5 is the Villains from No More Heroes[/s]
guo
Metal Slime

Post by guo »

Tama!
vvight.wordpress.com
RMZ
King Slime

Post by RMZ »

Josh from HQ, the plant from Little Shop of Horrors, Frankenstein, Count Orlock, Pennywise the Clown, Skelletor?

This is looking great. I definitely have liked the recent games that have used this orientation view in battle.
Nathan Karr
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Nathan Karr »

guo wrote:Tama!
Who says cats and dogs can't get along?
Remeber: God made you special and he loves you very much. Bye!
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

guo
Metal Slime

Post by guo »

I sincerely hope those graphics are for a biblical epic.
vvight.wordpress.com
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

Close enough in time.
BMR
Metal King Slime

Post by BMR »

Posted a couple of these in IRC, thought I'd share them here as well:

Image Image Image

These were made from the ground up in Blender as 3D models, along with a whole bunch of material/render tweaking and GIMP editing. All are 16 colors, 8 frames each. They still need a lot of work, both in the colors and the animation (particularly that last one, she jumps all over the place in the animation) so here's hoping it'll get somewhere, heh.
Being from the third world, I reserve the right to speak in the third person.

Using Editor version wip 20170527 gfx_sdl+fb music_sdl
Soda_piggy
Slime Knight

Post by Soda_piggy »

@BMR I love those! They look very PS1 retro. Can't wait to see what you're gonna do with em.

@guo Those are placeholders for Kaiju Big Battel the Game. This part is set in Rome. I'll post up their properly mocked up versions later. :D
<a href="https://www.sodapiggymusic.com">Soda Piggy Website</a>
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

BMR: Oh! I didn't realise that you wanted them to be 16 colours... but these look too high resolution to likely be for an OHR game. For something else, or just practicing as usual? The other two look good as well! The do look like they're rendered at a smaller scale, though. That center one in particular looks good with that many frames of animation; the coat of the first guy flaps about too violently, I feel. The 3rd one doesn't really have that problem.
BMR
Metal King Slime

Post by BMR »

@TMC: Well, they started out as just practice, but now I'm wondering if I could tech demo something together, just to see if I can =p Hehe, we'll see.
Being from the third world, I reserve the right to speak in the third person.

Using Editor version wip 20170527 gfx_sdl+fb music_sdl
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

I figured. It always amazes me how much effort you and artists in general put into practice pieces in want of a project!

Hmmm... a tech demo... you know, more and larger frames of animation/custom animations is something I hope to get into the OHR very soon (the next major thing I work on). Your graphics could make a great demo for that feature! Plus I can always do with more encouragement.
Last edited by TMC on Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gizmog
Metal King Slime

Post by Gizmog »

TMC wrote:Plus I can always do with more encouragement.
Cacti! Cacti! He's our man! If he can't do it, no one can!