ChatGPT & Plotscripting

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

guo
Metal Slime

ChatGPT & Plotscripting

Post by guo »

Hi,

With ChatGPT able to generate code, how feasible is it to train it to write scripts using Hamsterspeak?
It could be very useful.
vvight.wordpress.com
guo
Metal Slime

Re: ChatGPT & Plotscripting

Post by guo »

Update: I've spent the last hour training it with mixed results. Quite often I will ask it to write a plotscript and it will spit java at me, but after alerting it to the error of it's ways and linking it to the Plotscripting Dictionary and other related pages it has managed to write a few basic example scripts.
I believe ChatGPT integrates this sort of training permanently? (I could be wrong), so I believe it is worth as many people as possible trying this out!
vvight.wordpress.com
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

I wonder if the spaces in command names will ever confuse it. Like will it ever make up fake commands that don't exist by splicing together parts of existing ones?
Bluefeather42
Red Slime

Post by Bluefeather42 »

Bob the Hamster wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:49 am I wonder if the spaces in command names will ever confuse it. Like will it ever make up fake commands that don't exist by splicing together parts of existing ones?
Probably so. I've been hearing that a lot of the code it spits out is buggy, and gives blatantly wrong information. According to a friend of mine it "seems to make slime up as it goes along."
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

I read this recently. I think it is a good metaphor for why ChatGPT says a lot of very slightly incorrect things:

https://www.newyorker.com/tech/annals-o ... of-the-web
lennyhome
Slime Knight

Post by lennyhome »

Give this a read:
https://stablediffusionlitigation.com/# ... -diffusion
Regardless of how you feel about the lawsuit, I think they do a good job at demystifying the "miracle" of modern AI.