Titityler: A Soapy Platfohrmer

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

pjbebi
Slime Knight

Re: Titityler: A Soapy Platfohrmer

Post by pjbebi »

Firstly, thanks so much for taking the time to play and tell me what you think!
Bob the Hamster wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:54 pm I found only one bug to report. After you die and continue, or save and load, the music doesn't play until you switch songs. Also, not a bug, but I think the music should default to 1, and not to 0 silence. The music is all so great, but I played for a long time before I even realized that the music existed. I felt like new players should be greeted with the joy of cool music on their first play.
I should probably change how this is handled. What happens is, the game saves what song is playing when you save. And then when you die, it switches to the next song. That is, if there's a song playing. But I got an idea for how to fix this. Either way, I'm glad you enjoyed the assortment of tunes! The final version will have many more songs.
Bob the Hamster wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:54 pm EDIT2: Dang it, am I addicted now? Possibly. Anyway, I did find a small bug. It is possible to execute double-jumps against a wall, but it is super hard to do. I almost feel like this should be one of those bugs you don't fix, just so that somebody can do an insane speedrun exploiting it someday :v:
I did notice a super rare sticking to the wall, and I'm glad to see it reproduced in a way that might show me what's happening. This may or may not get fixed when I do a clean-up on the wall detection.
SwordPlay
Chemical Slime

Post by SwordPlay »

are you not supposed to be able to double jump?
if you're checking that player y velocity == 0 as the condition for being able to jump, it may be fulfilled when you reach the top of your jump
Attachments
tititylerb1dev0000.gif
tititylerb1dev0000.gif (259.58 KiB) Viewed 1616 times
"Imagination. Life is your creation."
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Oh! Maybe that is the same bug I saw! I might have been mistaken thinking it was related to being close to the wall
pjbebi
Slime Knight

Post by pjbebi »

SwordPlay wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:04 pm are you not supposed to be able to double jump?
if you're checking that player y velocity == 0 as the condition for being able to jump, it may be fulfilled when you reach the top of your jump
Interesting. I hadn't seen that before.. Jumping shouldn't be enabled until your 6x1 foot container connects with the floor. So I see how it might sometimes happen when you're falling and especially close to a wall. I might have it fixed, and luckily it's not a problematic bug cause I'm on my way to camp for the next month. Either way, I'm very grateful you all found this! Thanks.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

I found another jump/wall related bug. I exploited this so shamelessly after I found it, I almost regret reporting it. I felt like I had discovered a cheat code :v:
If there is a vertical wall above you, and you jump so just the corner of your head intersects with it, you can get into the wall, and jump, scaling it.
tititylerb1dev0002.gif
tititylerb1dev0002.gif (1.01 MiB) Viewed 1605 times
tititylerb1dev0003.gif
tititylerb1dev0003.gif (565.24 KiB) Viewed 1605 times
RMZ
King Slime

Post by RMZ »

I reported a bug to PJ I didn't know how to explain and it was that wall jumping thing. I found it tough to reproduce but you totally exploited it, haha. I do think PJ is super close to having the controls for Tyler as rock solid as they can be to his vision. Beta 1.2 was a massive step up for how he handled. The only criticism I have is I think it's really challenging and maybe the frustrating that James mentioned to make those 20 pixel wide jumps sometimes especially with a ton of obstacles in the room.
pjbebi
Slime Knight

Post by pjbebi »

hey friends! I'm home from vacation and gonna fix those bugs ASAP, which should be easy. Then comes the slow progress of making more/good levels. thanks so much for being around for these early stages.
Hedera
Slime Knight

Post by Hedera »

can't wait to see what gets implemented next!
pjbebi
Slime Knight

Post by pjbebi »

Hedera wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:23 am can't wait to see what gets implemented next!
Thanks bud!

Bugs are fixed. no jumping into walls. no double jumping. music selection saves on death, and defaults to song one. also, I fixed a bug with the speedboat in hell, which is why it was blocked off in the monster house map. Is there anything else you all think I should work on before uploading a new version (b2.1)?