I found my way back here via Youtube

Talk about things that are not making games here. But you should also make games!

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

msw188
Metal Slime

I found my way back here via Youtube

Post by msw188 »

Wait, what is msw188 doing appearing and starting a new thread???

Well, I was watching a youtuber play a game, and it really felt like OHR, and I found out it was! Franken RPG, which is here on the gamelist:

viewtopic.php?t=8319

It's been a up for a week, and no one here seemed to be remarking on it, so I wanted to call it to attention. Here's the Youtube video (by videogamedunkey, whom I'm guessing some of the folks here have heard of):

I wasn't surprised to see that it was another Samanthuel game. Veterans here will remember when Samanthuel's Lovely Home and Megaman Sprite game were released some while ago and they definitely made a splash. It looks like the author is still going strong and garnering even more attention, which is great!
I am Srime
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Re: I found my way back here via Youtube

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Hello, msw118! Nice to hear from you again

Yes, Franken is great. Very enjoyable, and full of things that made me laugh.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Yea, we've been talking to Splendidland aka Samanthuel on discord about it today. Seems like the shot in popularity the game got from this video has been huge and she's been feeling a bit overwhelmed.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Hi again!
I think creating threads to write your comments about a recently uploaded game is a good idea in general, so the author can see some feedback! Better than everyone keeping their thoughts to themselves.

I know it's a short game, but I haven't finished it yet. It's great, but that video of it really is its own thing.
Franken is actually a side game Samanthuel worked on as a break from working on Amazing Treasure Valley!
msw188
Metal Slime

Post by msw188 »

Yeah, his videos are usually pretty interesting and funny, and he always infuses them with his personality regardless of the topic.

I guess I didn't really realize that a lot of discussion might happen on the Discord rather than here. Hopefully Samanthuel doesn't get too overwhelmed, and can use some of the attention as a springboard for sharing her other past and future projects to wider audiences!

Hope everyone's doing well!
I am Srime
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

Good to see you!

I'm happy to see this game getting hype and Amazing Treasure Valley has been my most anticipated OHR game in ages. I'm elderly so I don't use Discord, it's too overwhelming to follow.
lennyhome
Slime Knight

Post by lennyhome »

I've found this by accident on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyEJRsrc02I
[Vinesauce] Vinny - Megaman Sprite Game

The video has 360k views and it's actual OHRRPGCE. Amazing game BTW. It's hilarious to me because at the beginning Vinny keeps complaining that "the game is making itself louder" and generally ruining his mixer settings. And I have a suspicion on who may have been at fault for that.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Yep, another Splendidland classic. We still bring up that Vinny video from time to time in discord.
And it and the dunkey video are linked in the official ohr youtube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPU-ez ... T372BzJ3kw