King Slime

Re: Game of the Year 2021

Post by RMZ »

When is the voting deadline?
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

RMZ wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:08 pm When is the voting deadline?
I put it in bold
Hedera
Slime Knight

Post by Hedera »

My votes for GOTY 2021 are:

1) Shroud House
2) Time Girl 1998
3) Video Goose

My votes for Heart 2021 are:

1) Shroud House
2) Mystery Dungeon Friends
3) Eeeethical Hacking
pjbebi
Slime Knight

Post by pjbebi »

GAME OF THE YEAR

1. Block Bonanza
I don't think this game was perfect, with detecting pre-existing matches before the ones you made as the player. But it's an engaging game with enough length to achieve its depth, fun characters, handsome graphics, and a killer soundtrack. This vote could also apply to the super collection, but this is my favorite piece from those.

2. Miss Blink Episode 1
I had a vision for this game, to make an adventure the way I think adventures should have been played in the pre-mouse days. With this, I achieved that vision with some of the best assets of my career. The puzzles are less generic and the polish is more polished than on Time Girl 1998, so I do think this one's better. Miss Blink is the actualization of what I aimed for in my Summer Slam winner.

3. Shroud House
How can I not include this glorious little beast? Perhaps more than any other OHR game, this one got me scratching my head, wondering how they did that. This game is superbly immersive despite its small size.

Honorable Mention: Fishing 2 (demo)
Let's face it. This game looks and sounds awesome. I'm pretty neutral in terms of fishing games, which are somewhat less exciting than virtual golf. But the suggested (upcoming) mechanics have me hooked. I'm very much looking forward to a full version of this one.

HEART AWARD

1. STOAT
I've already reviewed this game, and I know there's not a ton of gameplay depth. But most RPGs have all the same mechanics. What generally sets them apart are stories, exploration, and aesthetic. This game has all of those in spades, with a massive dose of humor that rewards you with every step, making you want to keep playing until the end.

2. Killer of Dead
Why should I not vote for my own game? I aim to make things that I appeal to my taste. This is an RPG game, minus all the stuff I don't like about RPGs. There's a balance of risk and reward, with most of the strategy in exploration. Once you learn the enemies and the map it gets easier, but upon beating the game you unlock a Tough and Brutal mode. For a short, stripped-down rpg, I think this one has more depth and replayability than what's common for such a short jam.

3. Eeeethical Hacking - Shareware Version
There were not many RPGs this year! Regardless, this one stands strong. I love the style of this game, from the Phantasy Star-inspired battles, to the funny npcs, to the music and cut scenes. Like many rpgs, once you figure out how the game works, it becomes too easy. Since this is called a shareware version I'm going to assume there's more to come.

Honorable Mention: Mystery Dungeon Friends
I really hope some of the things from this game make it into Hati 2. I love the card based combat, animations, and slice-based menus. I love it all, only I wanted more game from it.
Hedera
Slime Knight

Post by Hedera »

there's no wtf game of 2021 vote, but atman's hyperspace chronicle would get my vote
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Game of the year voting is complete and there are some clear winners. Second place is a tie between a few different game and so will not be announced, as it is not part of this award to hand out awards to econd place.
Anyways, with further delay, the winners are:

Heart of the OHR award:
Stoat

Game of the Year 2021:
Shroud House

winners have been contacted and trophies have begun to be shipped
Last edited by Spoonweaver on Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
FnrrfYgmSchnish
Metal Slime

Post by FnrrfYgmSchnish »

Spoonweaver wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:14 am Heart of the OHR award:
Stout
FYS:AHS -- Working on Yagziknian NPC walkabout sprites
RMZ
King Slime

Post by RMZ »

Congratulations to both games!

Personally, I feel like Stoat is still my favorite Fenrir game. It has such good pacing and it's just silly enough and has the right kind of community-based humor. Happy to see it win and get more recognition.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Shroud House is already the featured game. Should we switch to Stoat?
Fenrir-Lunaris
Metal Slime

Post by Fenrir-Lunaris »

Follow your heart :angel: