OHR Podcast

Talk about things that are not making games here. But you should also make games!

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Re: OHR Podcast

Post by Spoonweaver »

pjbebi wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:40 am That being said, I need to listen to the new episodes! Sorry for talking about myself so much.
Nah seemed episode related so knock yourself out. Clearly we can't cover everything in 1 episode. I don't know everyone's history, there's sometimes a lot to cover, and it might just not come up during the conversation. So asking questions and giving answers after the episode is to be expected and welcomed!

It's sort of like this recent episode. We didn't really cover enough about idontknow the first run through so I needed a second interview to get enough content to really fill an episode. That's not something I had done before and didn't know if I should considering I didn't give the previous guests that same option. But this is all a new thing. I'm not some experienced professional talk show host and there's no studio. So it's all a work in progress that I hope to get some fun out of and I hope other people have fun with it too.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Wow, stunning story. Loved the bit about giving it out on burnt CDs. It's a familiar story too. The people who actually finish large games either have a lot of free time (unemployment) and motivation (with some unusual reasons), or are very persistent over a long time. (Maybe that's a decent way to pick a guest: someone who's been working on a game for many years.) Losing track of time up till 6am also sounds very familiar! I suggest that the deadline you gave yourself was a pretty important part of remaining so focused. And focus creates motivation too, via reward. Good luck finding other rewarding projects.

When you said your "own podcast", you mean your episode in this podcast? I've forgotten what was said since it was about a month ago that I listened to the whole thing, though I did refresh myself. I'd thought Stone Wings was barely mentioned.
pjbebi
Slime Knight

Post by pjbebi »

So far, game design is the most engaging, time sucking project I've found. But the passion comes in waves. As for my own podcast, I do one where I talk about songs I've written and recorded. It might be interesting to people who want to live the "artist life" or want to write and record over 50 songs a year every year.
https://anchor.fm/pj-famicom
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Wow, the PJbebi lore goes deep... really deep. I hadn't heard of an autobiographical podcast before. I'm finding it surprisingly entertaining to listen to these stories interspersed with music, even, vaguely, the technical discussion I can't follow or the lyrics I can't make out.
SwordPlay
Chemical Slime

Post by SwordPlay »

great podcast pj... good music too!
"Imagination. Life is your creation."
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Episode 7, with Swordplay (PLUS! Ravancloak stops in)
https://www.buzzsprout.com/1889431/10614106

Fenrir-Lunaris
Metal Slime

Post by Fenrir-Lunaris »

Going with bullet-point style "questions" ahead of time was absolutely a good idea. Letting the guest mull over their answers a bit before they respond leads to some much more thoughtful back and forth. Also loving the musical interludes by Ravan!
ArtimusBena
Slime Knight

Post by ArtimusBena »

James or TMC next? Hmmmm?? HMMMMMM???
Do you make love with the same urgency you make games?
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

@Jame and @tmc
I'm available almost any time, just let me know when you'd like to sit down and be interviewed and I'll make it happen.
FBI Van 15
Slime

Post by FBI Van 15 »

Tried to listen to the most recent podcast but the music was just about painfully loud compared to the voices (with headphones anyway, but I don't really listen to anything without headphones.)

Turned the volume down during the first long stretch of music, back up when talking started, and I just gave up when the ear murdering loud music came back again. Music was good, just too much louder than voice.

I don't think I had this problem with previous ones.
kylekrack
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by kylekrack »

Chiptune music is often like that. You might want to do more than just lower the volume on the music track, like apply a compressor without any make-up gain. I've found that even at low volumes, chiptune can feel grating.
My pronouns are they/them
Ps. I love my wife
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Finally got time to listen to the latest episode. Sword, your interview was enjoyable to listen to

Ravan, I loved your VERY LOUD music. I was listening while doing laundry, and I had to turn the volume up to max to hear the voices, then when a musical interlude would come on, the floor would rumble, and my kid would look around in confusion like we were having an 8-bit earthquake
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

I'm going to be remastering every episode, hopefully that resolves some of the issues with the earlier episodes.
Anyways, Let me know how the this Special sounds.
Episode 8 is me and Fenrir talking about the RGC. Hope you enjoy it!
Warning! It's an hour long!

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1889431/episodes/10655530

RMZ
King Slime

Post by RMZ »

Podcasts are getting better, good job Spoon. I'd like to request a kief episode if they're up for it. Katja's Abyss was a great game and everything they've put out since has been super impressive.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

"All OHRRPGCE games are ridiculous games"

This epiphany brought me great joy :v: