OHRRPGCE stable release (Hróðvitnir)

Announcements that go here will appear on the front page.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

TMC
Metal King Slime

Re: OHRRPGCE stable release (Hróðvitnir)

Post by TMC »

I think that I probably already fixed in nightlies that bug where it doesn't return to its original resolution after leaving fullscreen. Maybe you or someone will remember to test on Windows for it in nightlies/the Ichorescent release candidate.

Likewise, the Zoom options should work while you're already fullscreened... but if they don't, I think that's another bug that I already fixed in nightlies (works for me!)

I think you're looking at the wrong c_debug.txt. In the F9 menu in Custom (or F8 menu in Game) is an option to open g/c_debug.txt in a text editor.
When you start Game/Custom it places c_debug.txt next to the .exe, but once you load an .rpg to uses a copy next to the .rpg instead. You can override where it places it. It also deletes it when the program quits if there are no error messages in it.
FnrrfYgmSchnish
Metal Slime

Post by FnrrfYgmSchnish »

Likewise, the Zoom options should work while you're already fullscreened... but if they don't, I think that's another bug that I already fixed in nightlies (works for me!)
Yep, zoom works fine when already fullscreened. I guess I just always hit F9 and set the zoom first before going to fullscreen when I was testing that feature out before.
I think you're looking at the wrong c_debug.txt. In the F9 menu in Custom (or F8 menu in Game) is an option to open g/c_debug.txt in a text editor.
When you start Game/Custom it places c_debug.txt next to the .exe, but once you load an .rpg to uses a copy next to the .rpg instead. You can override where it places it. It also deletes it when the program quits if there are no error messages in it.
Was not aware of the option to open c_debug.txt from the editor. Tried that just now and here's the most recent bit (all I did after loading the game file was go to fullscreen with ALT+ENTER, hit F9 and changed zoom settings, went back to windowed, and then adjusted the window size back to normal.)
8.5 ----Loading a game----
8.5 01-09-2022 21:42:39
8.5 curdir: C:\Eddiestuff\OHRRPGCE
8.5 tmpdir: C:\Users\Eddie Lee\AppData\Roaming\OHRRPGCE\
8.5 settings_dir: C:\Users\Eddie Lee\AppData\Roaming\OHRRPGCE
8.5 Editing game C:\Eddiestuff\OHRRPGCE\8bit.rpg ( )
9.2 Full game data upgrade...
9.2 Last edited by: [[OHRRPGCE hróðvitnir 20210913.12432 gfx_sdl2+directx+fb/music_sdl2 FreeBASIC 1.05.0 (01-31-2016) gcc 5.3.0 x86 pdb Built on vampirecell -g -gen gcc Win32 32-bit]] branch_rev 12377
9.2 archinym creation info: OHRRPGCE wip 20160110
13.8 Setting graphics scaling to x4 change_windowsize=0
13.8 ...current window size 1280,1024
13.8 recenter_window_hint()
13.8 Skipping window recenter because window too big
29.2 Setting graphics scaling to x3 change_windowsize=0
29.2 ...current window size 1280,800
29.2 recenter_window_hint()
FYS:AHS -- Working on Yagziknian NPC walkabout sprites
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Ah. I forgot that almost nothing about windowing/fullscreening is printed in the debug log... to reduce debug spam, although there's already some very noisy other window size logging. (BTW, while I don't want to see it in this case, it's better to show the whole log because important things like the version of custom/game are printed only at the beginning.)

The options to open c/g_debug.txt were only added in Fufluns.