The In-Character Character Interview Thread

Talk about things that are not making games here. But you should also make games!

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

The In-Character Character Interview Thread

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Misa DuHamstré wrote:Were going to play a game, okay? See these magic bubbles? (A bunch of glowing bubbles appear in the air in front of you) You can talk into these bubbles and they will carry your questions to other worlds. What's the catch? Only fictional characters can use them. Ask anything you want, answer any question you want, but you can only do it as a character from your game, you can't ask or answer as yourself
(Bubbles continue to float without popping)
charbile
Metal Slime

Re: The In-Character Character Interview Thread

Post by charbile »

Natalie wrote:Oh magic bubbles, hear my plea! How do I get a boyfriend?
Attachments
natalie5.png
natalie5.png (2.9 KiB) Viewed 3819 times
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Misa DuHamstré wrote:Oh! Hello, Natalie! That's quite a question! We'll... I found mine in an extradimensional bacon-dungeon, but that's hardly relatable advice!

I say don't wait on another person to make you happy. Do the things that make you happy, practice self-care, and be as honest as possible with yourself about what you want in life. Whether it helps you meet anyone or not, it's a good way to live.

So, question for you Natalie (or anyone else seeing thes bubbles) what is something you have done that you are really proud of?
kylekrack
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by kylekrack »

Katja wrote:Something I'm proud of? Well, I made some pretty big strides in the research lab the other day. In fact, our intern Corbin had quite a–uh... Actually that bit's confidential.

Completely unrelated topic, those magic bubbles have any advice on how to hide a body?
Attachments
katja.png
katja.png (1.51 KiB) Viewed 3791 times
Last edited by kylekrack on Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
My pronouns are they/them
Ps. I love my wife
ArtimusBena
Slime Knight

Post by ArtimusBena »

Ledger wrote:Pride is dangerous. But... there was a moment in childhood. We made marks on our chosen sticks and set them in a brook in Ashwood. The sticks would race, and we would follow them down, shouting the whole time. I never won. But I did keep time. Later I returned alone to the same brook and built a raft of sticks, and fared no better. But I noticed the wind; that is what drove the water. Why shouldn't it drive the raft? And so, with fallen leaves sticking out of the raft, I beat the record soundly. It didn't matter that no one saw.

Mystical bubbles... I would also like to know how to hide bodies.
Attachments
charmockup_wedonkind.png
charmockup_wedonkind.png (53.2 KiB) Viewed 3779 times
Last edited by ArtimusBena on Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ravancloak
Red Slime

Post by Ravancloak »

Orbweb wrote:Ho hum. The best place to hide a body is inside your head... phases out of existence briefly Does anyone know where I might find some mushrooms? I have a great craving for them, hum hum.
Attachments
Orbweb.png
Orbweb.png (2.36 KiB) Viewed 3757 times
Have a flower! ^-^~* (she/her)
polkakitty
Red Slime

Post by polkakitty »

(I don't have a picture for this character. Sorry.)

...this is Professor Everald, recording experimental procedure 18-Drove. The plane of reflection has immanentized, and I can see...

...hey, what's this bubble coming through? I didn't call that. Has that tapioca-headed Water Forming journeyman been sleeping in here again, and leaving his weird dreams lying around? At least this one doesn't have any of those creepy inflatable pooltoys in it...

Wait, there's someone reflected in the bubble, but the image is hazy... is that a hamster, or someone else?

What I'm proud of? Well, along with my colleagues at Sophia University, I've directed a research project that's developed a theoretical framework to model the Noosphere, the etheric space composed of the thoughts of sapient beings. If the test cases based on our current theory succeed, then for the first time, it will be possible for living people to enter and study the layout of mental space in situ, instead of merely observing impressions of single objects or calling them into the physical world, but, ah, what's this reading...

The thaumatic background radiation within the bubble is out of phase with the baseline! That shouldn't be possible, unless...

Comets and Cobblestones, this is incredible! The Noosphere doesn't just contain the thoughts of beings from our own world, but from other planes of existence!

Well, whoever you are, I suppose I might as well ask if you have anything to say about the question that inspired this project: does the physical world govern our thoughts, or is it our thoughts that shape the physical world through our actions?
"It was right through those trees; I'm not insane
That's where the fin tried to drag me in
Don't look at me, look at where I'm pointing
Close your eyes, see what I see, Canajoharie..."
-- They Might Be Giants
Pepsi Ranger
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Pepsi Ranger »

Powerstick Man wrote:I have no idea what you just said, and I'm too good-looking to try figuring it out. But to answer your question: science. Speaking of science, do any of you know where I can get my car fixed?
Attachments
powerstick man.jpg
powerstick man.jpg (42.2 KiB) Viewed 3687 times
Place Obligatory Signature Here
BennyJackdaw
Red Slime

Post by BennyJackdaw »

Arte wrote:
Ay, hey guys! Arte here, chilling out at Club quest in Furrowfield. Wheat growing season is over, and the bartender requires wheat to create his specialty beer. Maybe I should close up the club for a bit and go on vacation, preferably somewhere where the wheat grows in vast numbers. I can't stay big and strong like this if I don't have lots and lots of wheat in my diet. Hey! Weird floating bubble creature! You ain't from around here, are you? Mind giving me suggestions for where I could find some more wheat?
Attachments
Arte Front Facing.PNG
Arte Front Facing.PNG (6.69 KiB) Viewed 3664 times
Last edited by BennyJackdaw on Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ravancloak
Red Slime

Post by Ravancloak »

Rosencrest wrote:aahahahahahahaha HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH BUUBLES!!! I see here, these MOST magnificent of BUBBLES - and whats more I SEE SO MANY souls on the other side... I wonder how you all taste... so ANSWER ME THIS are you all tasty? Hay is for horses you silly rat, you won't like it even if you could find and trust me you won't. Nothing ever happens when you want it to unless you're wanting apples to fall from heaven... that reminds me JUST the other day I was walking in the rain and an apple... an apple of all things fell on my head... But not a single piece of hay... no my dear tasty looking rat friend. And you blond jock. I doubt you could drive a car, so why don't you forget that whole car business and come with me, I'll show you a very magical world. AND on the topic of WORLDS hahaha I just so happen to be an expert in this field. You see, from a very young age I was taught by an unloving father the value of the real world. You see, he taught me that the real world does not exist. He was of the real world, and I put an end to him and the real world with him. This entire world, this very universe is wiggly. The trees, the mountains, the people, all wiggly. It's fluid in nature. There is no such thing as a thing - and it all exists in your head. And what a lovely head you have. Why I can even see myself in your forehead! What a marvelous wiggly forehead you have! I could kiss it, I truly could. So anyways, before I bore you all to death with my wiggly horse cars... are you all tasty? I'm asking for a friend of course... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA those bubbles... those bubbles hahahahaha......
Attachments
rosencrest portrait.png
rosencrest portrait.png (2.4 KiB) Viewed 3659 times
Have a flower! ^-^~* (she/her)
Nathan Karr
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Nathan Karr »

Natalie wrote:Dear magic bubbles,

Thank you so much for your advice! After spending some time focusing on myself, sorting out my life of prayer, and slapping some magical bubblegum onto peoples' wounds I came to have much greater focus and confidence in all things.

I was basically ready to live the rest of my life single, but keep myself open to the unlikely prospect of finding a romantic partner; I just don't think I'm cut out to take a vow of celibacy. Then one day after No Eat got a fresh update, a friendly husky approached me and we became fast friends. Eventually our friendship blossomed into romance; we're taking things slow for now, since we've both been hurt in the past.

Am I tasty? Well yes, and I take great care of my personal hygiene to remain that way! I'm very sweet and minty fresh; mint doesn't taste very good with mud or grime all over, now does it? I've been eaten plenty of times, especially lately, I'll tell you that much. Not once has anyone ever said I was something less than delicious!

So for the next question I pass along...what can I do to earn a little extra cash?
Attachments
done2.gif
done2.gif (21.3 KiB) Viewed 3610 times
Remeber: God made you special and he loves you very much. Bye!