20% (2)
Something new
40% (4)
Total Votes: 10
Liquid Metal Slime
Trytuges, A Quest, and AAA 
 PostWed Sep 09, 2020 1:10 pm
Send private message Reply with quote
My magnum opus (TutOHRial) is a no-brainer; I'm absolutely going to polish that up a bit in the coming days or weeks and put it on my itch.io page where it can go some real good.

But I've been considering the other games in my library and which ones could meet with moderate success.

Trytuges
A very basic RPG. Basically complete as-is but I plan on increasing most of the heroes' base accuracy by a bit, fleshing out the random encounters and treasures for the final dungeon, and adding the ship parking script. If we got a "vehicle override map music" setting the way we got a vehicle encounter override setting I'd use that (I had music for sailing the ship planned before basically anything else).

Snake Hallway
Possibly too thematically similar to the other two games I already have up; I don't want my audience thinking this is all I do. It'd probably be ideal to polish up something about it by then; in general I don't feel most of Marina's spells are very powerful compared to their cost.

A Quest
Honestly I think this is a good example of an RPG still being fun even without any status afflictions. I would add a couple of shortcuts to make backtracking easier after certain amounts of progress; an exit to the fairy forest clearing after beating Magimaster, a shortcut to Westfort unlocked by defeating the Flaming Knight.

This game has a distinct style and I like it. I've had suggestions to change its name, but can't think of an alternative.

AAA
A really compact, simple RPG with exactly all the scripting it needs.
In the past, I apologized when I was in the right because I was afraid of peer pressure. For this, I apologize.

I must be cruel, but to be kind; that bad may begin, and worse be left behind.
-Prince Hamlet of Denmark
Liquid Metal Slime

PostMon Sep 14, 2020 1:12 pm
new RPG0017.gif
new RPG0018.gif
new RPG0015.gif
new RPG0016.gif
new RPG0013.gif
new RPG0014.gif
Something New.
In the past, I apologized when I was in the right because I was afraid of peer pressure. For this, I apologize.

Liquid Metal Slime

PostThu Oct 15, 2020 4:38 pm
Nathan Monstertober.PNG
The list I'm working from. I haven't done today's yet...or yesterday's as of this posting. They're coming this afternoon.
new RPG0022.png
Arena Slime
new RPG0024.png
Plasma Ball Beetle
new RPG0026.png
Salad Slime
new RPG0027.png
Roadent
new RPG0030.png
Dragon Fly
new RPG0032.png
Mink
new RPG0036.png
Guard Dog
new RPG0040.png
Armamentalist Baphomite
new RPG0041.png
Mink Skeleton
new RPG0044.png
Ghoulish Ghost
new RPG0046.png
Saber Rattler
new RPG0048.png
Archerachnid
new RPG0049.png
Killiflower
To keep myself doing something, for the month of October I've been doing a minimum of 1 monster sprite per day, following a list I made last year because I had a lot of fun with Inktober.

For some days, I had enough ideas to make three or four sprites fitting the same theme. I'm sharing only one of each in this thread, and will be releasing the entire package once it's finished.

I was hoping to make myself return to the forum and share my monster list sooner so others could follow along on the challenge. Also I think it's weird that there's no option to manually arrange attachments within a post and it always displays the most recent upload on top when it'd be more intuitive to go the other way.

Red Slime

PostThu Oct 15, 2020 11:12 pm
Is there anywhere I can see more of each game?
Liquid Metal Slime

PostFri Oct 16, 2020 12:41 am
new RPG0050.png
Ichitachi here would be the starter in a hypothetical monster collection game, and would be able to be replaced with an "evolution" for every elemental type.
new RPG0054.png
Some sort of obstructive rooster.
BennyJackdaw wrote:
Is there anywhere I can see more of each game?

The name of each game in the OP is a hyperlink to its download/description page.

Liquid Metal Slime

PostFri Oct 16, 2020 9:26 pm
new RPG0055.png
Axeolotl.
Still unable to think of a good name for A Quest as I was when I first started, I decided to just put the word "the" next to it and wound up making the name Athe Quest. It's not literally A The Quest, but somehow that name feels more specific and evocative.

Athe Quest is, by design, not my prettiest game or my most elaborate, however I do think it's unironically fun to play and well designed. Some of the sprites from it (ghost, slime, skeleton, gashadokuro) are also going to make their way into my free graphics recourse folder.

Red Slime

PostFri Oct 16, 2020 10:54 pm
Nathan Karr wrote:
Still unable to think of a good name for A Quest as I was when I first started, I decided to just put the word "the" next to it and wound up making the name Athe Quest. It's not literally A The Quest, but somehow that name feels more specific and evocative.

Athe Quest is, by design, not my prettiest game or my most elaborate, however I do think it's unironically fun to play and well designed. Some of the sprites from it (ghost, slime, skeleton, gashadokuro) are also going to make their way into my free graphics recourse folder.

I ended up voting for that one because it's the only one that looks like it has non-human playable characters, and I'm always looking for new games that have those.
Liquid Metal Slime

PostSat Oct 24, 2020 3:00 am
new RPG0056.png
Cu Sith. A different palette might be a less magical friendly doggo.
new RPG0057.png
A cat with a very long tail.
new RPG0058.png
Karen the Man-Ager
new RPG0059.png
Strawberry frosting elemental?
new RPG0061.png
Some generically furry-targeted succubus or something.
new RPG0062.png
I don't know what you'd call this worm.
new RPG0063.png
A cannister robot.
Getting a lot of sleep, not getting a lot else accomplished.

Liquid Metal Slime

PostSun Oct 25, 2020 4:58 am
new RPG0064.png
A pooka is an all-black goblin with glowing eyes, known in particular for its ability to shapeshift.
Today's theme is "fairy" so I just went for one of my favorite fey creatures from Celtic folklore.

Liquid Metal Slime

PostMon Nov 02, 2020 1:08 am
new RPG0069.png
A harpy with a harp. That's the kind of wordplay I like. Harpies are still disgusting, hideous creatures.
new RPG0070.png
Is it any surprise for me to say I'm not much of a breast man? I decided to touch this up a bit after taking the screenshot.
new RPG0071.png
For "Ancient" I went with the player character of my first ever game.
new RPG0072.png
"Dehydrated" and all I could really think of was a skeleton with some tattered cloth or skin hanging off.
new RPG0075.png
Still trying to settle on a name for this giant dog monster. "All-Seeing Eye Dog" is currently my top choice.
new RPG0073.png
"Yourself" So here's yet another drawing of my fursona. I can never get tired of drawing the same handful of characters numerous times!
new RPG0074.png
Dracolantern
Not feeling good lately. At a certain point even a complete antisocial shut-in like me needs more time outside.

Been putting a little work into Athe Quest here and there. I ought to illustrate the scene with the heroes being introduced to Owlder and still need to draw a new title screen.