Xoo: Xeno Xafari release imminent

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Xoo: Xeno Xafari release imminent

Post by Willy Elektrix »

Hello OHR friends! My new game Xoo: Xeno Xafari now has a page on Steam and a totally sweet trailer: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1339 ... no_Xafari/

Please check it out and wishlist it. As you all know, wishlisting on Steam is hella important for visibility in Steam's promotion algorithms, so please do me a solid and add it to your list.

If any of you played Xoo: Xeno Xafari back in the Megallennium 6-in-1 Megacart, this is new version is has way more creatures, collectibles, maps, features, and stuff to do. It's basically a sequel in everything but name.
SwordPlay
Chemical Slime

Post by SwordPlay »

Hooray for this news!
kylekrack
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by kylekrack »

Added it! And I'll buy it when it comes out, too. Still have some steam credit leftover from some giftcard I got at some point.
My pronouns are they/them
Ps. I love my wife
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Whoa, a new art style. Still very stylish.
This was out of the blue when I found out about it recently. It's nice to see you expand it and bring it to a wider audience. Wishlisted.

Err, yes... just the sort of game you expect to have achievements. Another reminder.
Last edited by TMC on Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rue
Slime Knight

Post by Rue »

NO ACHIEVEMENTS NO BUY ARHRHGHGHGHG /s

It looks good! There's been some really impressive OHR games coming out lately. Yeesh. I'm worried about a drought that comes afterwards.
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

Thanks for the enthusiasm all!
TMC wrote:Whoa, a new art style. Still very stylish.
This was out of the blue when I found out about it recently. It's nice to see you expand it and bring it to a wider audience. Wishlisted.

Err, yes... just the sort of game you expect to have achievements. Another reminder.
The art style isn't that different from the original Xoo: Xeno Xafari. I just made the ground have a color. It makes a lot of difference though!
Rue wrote:It looks good! There's been some really impressive OHR games coming out lately. Yeesh. I'm worried about a drought that comes afterwards.
OHR games seem to get better and more sophisticated all the time. We're really stepping up! Go OHR team!

I doubt there will be a drought, because when good games come out on big platforms (Steam, Google Play, etc.), I've noticed that it seems to bring new people into the community. At least a couple. =D

What are some of the recent OHR games? I want to make sure I'm not missing any hot stuff.
Last edited by Willy Elektrix on Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

I know you know about the 2019 Top 30 voting (slideshow/pdf).

People are working on things though not too many recent releases. Off the top of my head, recently we had the Walthros demo, Blood Ledger demo, itch.io jam, OHR 2019 Halloween Contest Ridiculous games contest 2019 (thread) and 2019 One-Room Contest. And of course people post stuff to the gamelist and never announce it on the forum, so it may go unnoticed.
Last edited by TMC on Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

TMC wrote:I know you know about the 2019 Top 30 voting (slideshow/pdf).

People are working on things though not too many recent releases. Off the top of my head, recently we had the Walthros demo, Blood Ledger demo, itch.io jam, OHR 2019 Halloween Contest Ridiculous games contest 2019 (thread) and 2019 One-Room Contest. And of course people post stuff to the gamelist and never announce it on the forum, so it may go unnoticed.
I'm up to date on most of that stuff. I really need to play and Hati's Bizarre Adventure though. I just haven't yet for some reason, I don't even know why. It's time to do it.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

it looks pretty good
good job as always Willy
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

Spoonweaver wrote:it looks pretty good
good job as always Willy
Thanks!
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

Anyone want to playtest this game for me? You don't need to record a video or anything. Just play through the game and report any bugs, spelling mistakes, or other problems to me.

The game should take between 6-10 hours to complete. I doubt there are very many bugs, so this shouldn't be too hard.

Who is in? In return, I'll test something of yours. =)
kylekrack
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by kylekrack »

What's the time frame? I'm judging for an event this week and have to focus on playing those games and giving the devs feedback, but once I'm done with that I'll be free.
My pronouns are they/them
Ps. I love my wife
SwordPlay
Chemical Slime

Post by SwordPlay »

Willy Elektrix wrote:Anyone want to playtest this game for me?
Who is in? In return, I'll test something of yours. =)
oooh me. me!
DWRL
Red Slime

Post by DWRL »

Ok, the descriptions of the creatures are hilariously funny.
After a quite long day this was the dose of humor I needed, so thank you for making my evening :D
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

kylekrack wrote:What's the time frame? I'm judging for an event this week and have to focus on playing those games and giving the devs feedback, but once I'm done with that I'll be free.
You could start next week. Sometime before July would be good. If you're interested, I'll send you a download link.