Rue's Review of Minesweeper Tactics (Beta)

Write and read reviews of games that have been uploaded to Slime Salad.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Rue
Slime Knight

Rue's Review of Minesweeper Tactics (Beta)

Post by Rue »

One day I was playing Minesweeper, and I got upset. I had to guess between two spots for the last mine, and I guessed wrong! I lost the whole level, just because of a lost lottery. You know what would be cool? If Minesweeper was a tactics game, and you didn't lose the entire level for a single mistake. Thus, Minesweeper Tactics was born! Now you can make many mistakes before losing!
Description says everything about this game. You have a unit that can build other units. One that can dig walls (ala Minesweeper, and slime up, appropriately), one that can attack the enemies that spawn better than others, one that can scout the fog of war better, etc. You collect the little light blue globs of energy to be able to build more.

With a little bit more time, this will be a must-have in any tactical game fan’s library. It’s missing some highlights of a finished game, such as music, more audio, a graphical styling to call its own. I’d also love to see more special unit types that play on the minesweeper format or on the tactical format, like kamikaze diggers that intentionally blow up mines to take out enemies, or units that take out enemies from afar (or, apparently the scouts can do this? I didn't catch that). Or tunnelers. Radars. These are all “would be cool� things.

Game is already pretty rad.
Attachments
Well organized tutorial screen
Well organized tutorial screen
mstactics1.10000.png (9.23 KiB) Viewed 3815 times
What gameplay looks like without the overlay turned on
What gameplay looks like without the overlay turned on
mstactics1.10001.png (10.92 KiB) Viewed 3815 times
Last edited by Rue on Thu May 14, 2020 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.