Sub-Pixel-Walker v0.1: Testers not needed

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

lennyhome
Slime Knight

Post by lennyhome »

pushing the slice away diagonally
I wanted to avoid dot product operations. I could have written the correct formulas in several places but I was worried that for most people it would have resulted in a shiny black box.
"check wall collision x/y" commands ... they tell how far along the displacement vector it is
That's interesting.
Does the convolution incorporate a sharpening filter?
This is the secret. Now I may be made to board a faulty plane for having revealed it. But seriously, when you get a chance give Cairo a try. It's very popular, the API is nice and the quality is much better than OpenGL.
Last edited by lennyhome on Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Ah, sinc. I've never used it for anything myself. Now I'm keen to try out Lanczos (or other finite filter) on pixel art and see how it actually performs for that. But I'm still concerned that while you admittedly need interpolation for shifting, it's not really want you want for scaling or rotating. I would be nice to have a single transformation routine that could do all three well for pixel art.

Wow, I had no idea Cairo's API was that nice. Now I definitely want to find things to use it for. Thanks.