[Solved] Getting OHRRPGCE to run on linux, help needed :-(

Ask and answer questions about making games and related topics. Unrelated topics go in that other forum.

Moderators: marionline, SDHawk

TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

If you were wondering, I've finally finished the Python 3 port based on your patch, and the scons EUC fixes. Was both time consuming and got buried in my git stash. All .py files can now be run with both Python 2 and Python 3. Thanks again.
Last edited by TMC on Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
DWRL
Red Slime

Post by DWRL »

Cool :D

I was a bit preoccupied, one of our branches makes medical furniture, so all hell broke loose (and still does).

Aaaand, yesterday, I deleted my game. And the backup.

Lession: String operators and rm are fine, 99% of the time. And then they will bring you a world of suffering 🤪

At least I have the original sheets of all my assets, but now I have to refit them again (I drew the tiles on a 16x12 grid... hadn't decided on an engine at that time 🤦 ).
On the other hand, the game folder started to get messy, so now I can get to start fresh wish some structure 😆

Which is what I will be doing right now :angel:
Last edited by DWRL on Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

:(

rm is so dangerous, no rational person would believe it or accept it. I don't know how I've avoided any major mishaps deleting whole directories with a typo.
I keep whole-disk snapshots and backups, and I have had to recover accidentally deleted files from snapshots a few times.

(I trust you know about autobackups and were thorough enough to delete them too)
DWRL
Red Slime

Post by DWRL »

Yeah, happended to me twice in ten years, but it still stings :(

> (I trust you know about autobackups and were thorough enough to delete them too)
Of course, I make my mistakes thoroughly and with dedication XD

I could salvage most of the gui graphics with photorec, and repaletting the other graphics is no big deal either.
Resizing a chest or a pillar is quickly redone, what grates me are 'irregular tiles', i.e. broken ground tiles, rocks, grass, flowers...

But then again, second runs tend to yield better results :D