Xenophage -- Sci-Fi Cyberpunk Adventure (Coder Desired, Details in Thread)

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Spazman
Slime Knight

Xenophage -- Sci-Fi Cyberpunk Adventure (Coder Desired, Details in Thread)

Post by Spazman »

Pink and Green Have Never Looked so Deadly –

Cobalt-blue corridors and the endlessly-intertwined extensions of a Xenophage contagion wind on and give way to trials of the body and mind. To conquer an enemy that has previously met no equal, one must be willing to become the equalizer.

- Strap into your psycho-kinetic exo-suit and proceed to blast, fly, and mind-hack your way through a hulking vessel, its machines and hostile inhabitants – Whatever stands in your way!

- Interact with other surviving crew-members, enhance your PSY-KR Suit, and manipulate machinery as you will in order to complete your mission!

- Experience a unique platforming style that blends atmospheric point-and-click adventure elements with high-energy, gun-blazing platforming action!
---
Last edited by Spazman on Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:01 am, edited 5 times in total.
Spazman
Slime Knight

Post by Spazman »

Latest updates for this project will be listed here!

Latest Project GIF:

Other Recent / Major Artwork + Renders:

-- 640x480 Background Render
-- Current Version of the Project on a 2001 Sony Trinitron TV!
-- Finalized version of the Hero of the story, Ka'Din.
Last edited by Spazman on Sun Jun 05, 2022 1:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
SwordPlay
Chemical Slime

Post by SwordPlay »

interesting stuff. what does gameplay entail? shooting stuff in different environments? talking to npcs? solving puzzles? i'd love to hear more.
Spazman
Slime Knight

Re: Xenophage -- Sci-Fi Cyberpunk Adventure (Coder Desired, Details in Thread)

Post by Spazman »

Resurrecting this long-dead thread with not only an update regarding the game (updated posts and game title-screen at the top of this page).

I am actively seeking a committed project-partner well-versed in the OHRRPGCE and its scripting language in order to make a hybrid action-platformer + logic puzzler + RPG project for the OHRRPGCE.

I am currently in the process of making graphics for more map design and character-animation, but before I get too far ahead of myself and begin making more maps, I am looking for a potential long-term project partner who wants to make something -really- cool as well, and see a (potentially commercial) project through to the end.

Displayed on this page is what I have to offer -- And I'm more than open / willing to contribute my art expertise in return for any help provided. Either a trade of... well, trades, or some other means. I'm open to discussion.

Existing code is currently contributed by the community's own Rue (Again, thank you for the start!) , with documentation available here:

https://github.com/rue9x/ProjectXenophage/wiki

Even a consideration is appreciated. Thank you.
lennyhome
Slime Knight

Post by lennyhome »

I wouldn't call them "Cobalt-blue halls" because I misread it. I think people may misread it. I would call them "Cobalt-blue corridors" instead". Other than that the graphics design looks interesting.
Are the dots around the player some sort of debug for collisions?
Spazman
Slime Knight

Post by Spazman »

lennyhome wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:07 am I wouldn't call them "Cobalt-blue halls" because I misread it. I think people may misread it. I would call them "Cobalt-blue corridors" instead". Other than that the graphics design looks interesting.
Are the dots around the player some sort of debug for collisions?
At the moment, yes! In terms of the collisions.

I ah.. I also updated the blurb. I didn't notice that one. Thank you!
Rue
Slime Knight

Post by Rue »

Yes, the dots surrounding the character are colliders. There's one for each direction, one slightly above the bottom-center for door detection. There's code to add more too to be used for different things, too.

hopefully I documented the various functions and whatnot good enough where someone can pick at it for Spaz. I've just got too much stuff going on right now.
Spazman
Slime Knight

Post by Spazman »

Rue wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:47 am Yes, the dots surrounding the character are colliders. There's one for each direction, one slightly above the bottom-center for door detection. There's code to add more too to be used for different things, too.

hopefully I documented the various functions and whatnot good enough where someone can pick at it for Spaz. I've just got too much stuff going on right now.
Thank you again for everything so far, man. I really hope life eases up on you sometime.