Release Candidate for the next stable release!

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

The release date will be a superposition of 11 and 12?
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Just like reality!

I won't be able to inspect the contents of the .dmg files for at least another day.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

The Mac x86 and x86_64 nightly build .dmgs are the same size as each other, unlike the stable release .dmgs. Maybe the x86_64 .dmg didn't upload fully?
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

I tested all four dmg files:

Fufluns x86_64
Fufluns x86
Wip x86_64
Wip x86

All of them run on the nightly build box

I tested that "Test Game" runs on all of them.

I did Show "Package Contents" on each and wasn't able to spot anything missing.

I use the awkward "About This Mac" -> "System Report" -> "Applications" method, and as far as I can tell, the apps that are supposed to be 64 bit are 64 bit and the apps that are supposed to be 32 bit are 32 bit

The sizes of all the files in the Fufluns x86_64 and Wip x86_64 dmg files seems to be in the same ballpark after mounting the dmg (I did not check in greater detail than 1/10 of a megabyte)

I am at a total loss to know why the Fufluns x86_64 dmg is smaller than expected, but it does seem to work just fine.

I could have missed something, but everything seems to be working, so I am not going to block the release for this mystery
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Okay, release has happened! Release thread here: https://www.slimesalad.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7959
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

Copy and pasting in text boxes doesn't seem to be working but everything else is great!
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Copy+paste of long textboxes is broken on Windows, I'm aware of that. The problem is that an extra space character is getting added to the end of each line (everywhere, not just textboxes), which due to line wrapping can easily cause the length of the box to go over 8 lines, in which case the attempt to paste into the textbox is (intentionally) ignored.
That was at the top on my list of bugs to fix but didn't make it into Fufluns (couldn't hold up the release forever, as that bug was in Etheldreme too), so I expect to fix it tomorrow instead.
Last edited by TMC on Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.