50%
VORE IS MURDER.
50%

Total votes: 14

Nathan Karr
Liquid Metal Slime

NO EAT (Serious discussion for adults)

Post by Nathan Karr »

When the Say It Ain't So contest was announced jokingly, I jokingly feigned interest in making something for it. A few quick forum posts later and I'd been talked specifically into making a game based on the No Eat! meme I'd spawned within the OHR community not long before. This game has brought me the strongest positive reception of any work I have ever made, even to this day. I occasionally still get new comments and mentions, and in some places the game's existence has preceded me in reputation.

For about eight years, I've been working on an edit with some of the more disgusting and family-unfriendly content toned down (but not completely removed), along with the addition of music, replacing Jormungandling's Belly with a tileset of my own making, minor bugfixes, and the like. This has taken a lot longer than it should have, but that is mostly my fault for trying to cripple the themes of my weird fetish game to make it more palatable to a mainstream audience and killing my own enthusiasm for it in the process.

I'm quite strongly considering uploading this new version here on Slime Salad on the 8th of August. 8-8 = Ate Ate, or as it is known in some furry circles "Vore Day". But I've also been considering lightening up on what content I censor for it, so long as it's accompanied by an appropriate content warning.

Does anyone want to weigh in on what I should or shouldn't include? Occasional suggestive text will remain (such as Tendo being frustrated that Aine changed to her natural quadrupedal form while he was inside of her, and thus he didn't get the opportunity to watch his wife disrobe as he was busy fighting invasive parasites inside of her at the time).

Things that were in the original release that the "update" currently has altered:
Aine taking Tendo's clothes off before putting him in her mouth. Original game has fully nude Tendo, current updated version has him wearing a robe.
The scene where Aine pulls Tendo out of her huge, swirly pile of excrement and thus has him and her arm covered in brown being removed, skipping all the textboxes between her squatting and her holding him in her hand and announcing their need for a bath. The backdrop for this scene was color-altered to remove the feces in the unreleased censored version.

Things I was planning on censoring, but never got around to:
Topless pictures of Aine in her humanoid form, used during the ending scene and credits.
The brief time between beating the final boss and exiting in which dung can be seen inside Aine's bowels.
Replacing the photo of a real inflamed appendix with a more stylized drawing to reduce the ick factor and also possible copyright issues.

I've also received occasional complaints about the game being too hard (especially the boss fights), usually from people who either never use the magic system or don't think to equip the equipment they're given, so I added an equip prompt to immediately follow any weapon you receive. Making the equipment found in the chests be of non-trash value could also be a good improvement, making the lockpick more valuable. Mixotricha Paradoxa should probably not be as much of an HP sponge as it is.
Remeber: God made you special and he loves you very much. Bye!
Idontknow
Slime Knight

Post by Idontknow »

Honestly, I think without the nudity and poop No Eat is a pretty harmless game as far as nsfw content.
Working as intended!
Nathan Karr
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Nathan Karr »

Idontknow wrote:Honestly, I think without the nudity and poop No Eat is a pretty harmless game as far as nsfw content.
But what about without nudity but still having poop?

Nah, I can imagine there's an audience for that but I don't want it.
Remeber: God made you special and he loves you very much. Bye!
Bird
Slime Knight

Post by Bird »

Do you like being eaten? Any living species that likes that will disappear in some years except for parasites. Tell the player straight on that the game is only safe for parasites and let the ideas flow freely.
Idontknow
Slime Knight

Post by Idontknow »

...I can't say I'd want to attract that audience here either.
Working as intended!
charbile
Metal Slime

Post by charbile »

Think Bird is on to something. Quick, everybody show your parasite personas!

I for one welcome this place becoming ground zero central hub for the vore audience. It was in the name all along. You can't fight destiny. We are but a salad here. The salad is made of slime people!!
Idontknow
Slime Knight

Post by Idontknow »

Bruh if I see one more slimy butthole in an ohr game...

Especially after I killed Mogri by telling him about the images in the last round of dreadful vore games, this is quite literally a matter of life and death.
Last edited by Idontknow on Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Working as intended!
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Idontknow wrote:Bruh if I see one more slimy butthole in an ohr game...

Especially after I killed Mogri by telling him about the images in the last round of dreadful vore games, this is quite literally a matter of life and death.
:zombie:
Idontknow
Slime Knight

Post by Idontknow »

Eeek it's Mogri's Ghost!

Say, while you're haunting the area are there any concrete rules about nsfw content on slimesalad?
Last edited by Idontknow on Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Working as intended!
Fenrir-Lunaris
Metal Slime

Post by Fenrir-Lunaris »

DISCLAIMER: I am not a moderator. USED to be one, once upon a time! Therefore, take everything I say with a grain of salt. Better yet, take it with a whole box of Morton's.

From the Slime Salad Registration agreement terms...
While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable.
I honestly couldn't remember whether Slime Salad even HAD an "Operator Liability Waiver" or whatever its called, but there it is. While it's worded a little differently from place to place, this is pretty much the same disclaimer that every website has to cover the butts of the people who run it. It's pretty standard stuff.

What you're ACTUALLY looking for is here:
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed).
That's some pretty scary language there, but you might be better off interpreting MOST of it as "don't post anything with the intent to hurt anyone, or encourage it". But that's not what you're asking for. You're asking: "is it okay if my game has naked people in it?"

For that, you'll have to ask Mogri, but until then [s]since he's dead lolz[/s] you'll have to settle for his STAND ["Critter Tripper Fritter!?"]

Mogri wrote:There isn't a hard and fast policy: I expect people to use common sense and I can't police all the games anyway. However, some things to bear in mind:
- Uploading explicit screenshots is a bad idea and they will be taken down.
- This site is accessible by minors without any sort of clickthrough. I don't know what the legal repercussions are of allowing minors to download explicit content without a "Click here if you are 18," but I suspect that the law requires the clickthrough. If anyone is more knowledgeable in this area, please illuminate me.
Well, shucks.

OHRRPGCE games have had questionable content from the beginning. Lewd and "adult" dialogue, jokes, and situations have been present for years in all manner of games, and that's not going away anytime soon. Truthfully, NOBODY wants the unenviable task of policing the games on the Gamelist. The difference between then (the early 2000's era of OHR games) and now is that there's more artists in the community than ever before, and the userbase has gotten a bit older and wiser. 20+ years of "seeing some stuff on the internet" has worn down whatever sensibilities I had to offend. And in comparison to the hated, violence, and general lack of empathy for one another that I've seen over the years in the world at-large (it IS worse these days, that's not my imagination) - if the most objectionable thing your games have to offer is a little cheeky humor and maybe a naked lady, then I'd welcome it.

My only request is that if there's nudity in your game, tag it in the gamelist as "NSFW" or "Adult Situations" or something, but by all means it shouldn't be the game's main focus (which is why certain games are NOT on Slime Salad, as per prior agreements and promises). Don't include screenshots with nudity. If your game tiptoes into "bedroom action", keep it between consenting adults and FADE TO BLACK. [s]None of that Weaboo "Onii-chan-sempai-sama I'm only 14 and what's this OWO" stuff.[/s]
Last edited by Fenrir-Lunaris on Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Thank you for detailing all that, Fenrir! I appreciate it!

While I definitely don't want to drive game authors away by censoring their work, I also very much don't want to drive game authors away by not having any kind of community standards about appropriate content. Those are challenging things to balance.

It is also worth noting that while I *think* we are all adults here at the moment, many (even most?) Ohrrpgce users have gotten started here when they were still kids or teens.

I would like this to remain a community that I wouldn't mind letting my own kids join someday if they were interested.
Last edited by Bob the Hamster on Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fenrir-Lunaris
Metal Slime

Post by Fenrir-Lunaris »

Bob the Hamster wrote:While I definitely don't want to drive game authors away by censoring their work, I also very much don't want to drive game authors away by not having any kind of community standards about appropriate content. Those are challenging things to balance.
That's pretty much the heart of the matter right there. I don't want to be the guy advocating for some kind of appropriate content standards when I'm as likely to fall afoul of them myself. I mean, I'm the guy who hosted the Terrible Games Contest for years. And THOSE got more and more "tame" by comparison to the games that were commonplace when the community was just getting started. The only thing I can really ask these days is that authors tag their stuff as well as is possible, and to allow people to decide for themselves whether that content is for them or not.

Yes, most people have terrible judgement. Myself included. :v:
Bob the Hamster wrote:It is also worth noting that while I *think* we are all adults here at the moment, many (even most?) Ohrrpgce users have gotten started here when they were still kids or teens.

I would like this to remain a community that I wouldn't mind letting my own kids join someday if they were interested.
Good lord, if I thought I had some sort of self-filter now, I absolutely did NOT have one back when I was 16-17! It's a bit embarrassing actually going back and looking at my work that's two decades old (or more!), but I'd like to think that it's helped me become a kinder, more patient, more empathetic person. At least in some small way ;3

Kids are going to make their own choices, and their own mistakes. The important thing is they'll be their's to make! :D
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Bob the Hamster wrote:Thank you for detailing all that, Fenrir! I appreciate it!

While I definitely don't want to drive game authors away by censoring their work, I also very much don't want to drive game authors away by not having any kind of community standards about appropriate content. Those are challenging things to balance.

It is also worth noting that while I *think* we are all adults here at the moment, many (even most?) Ohrrpgce users have gotten started here when they were still kids or teens.

Yes, it's certainly not an easy question to answer. I'm working on a better solution, but for now, please ensure all such games are tagged nsfw at bare minimum (and ideally tagged with the reason why they are nsfw).
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Actually, we aren't all adults. There are a few people currently active here and in the Discord server who have mentioned being <18 or even <15. But 15 is young adult, not a kid. I'm happy that these forums are quite kid friendly, aside from what might be on the gamelist if you ignore nsfw tags. I would definitely not say the Discord server is kid-friendly, considering how often it goes... off-topic. Quite a lot of swearing, etc. I seem to remember that when JSH tried to keep #SS in IRC kid-friendly during "daylight" hours it was actually pretty successful, but now there's a message log.

Mogri's under no obligation to take everything that anyone wants to upload. There are alternative places you can upload your games, like Castle Paradox for OHR games. (Actually I have no memory of what the CP upload policy was, but that's pretty moot now.) Alas, if only there was a way to find games regardless of which site they're hosted on...
Last edited by TMC on Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SwordPlay
Chemical Slime

Post by SwordPlay »

As well as a NSFW tag in the gamelist, it would be nice if games had content warnings as well when they run.
Last edited by SwordPlay on Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.