Post new topic    
Page «  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Slime
Send private message
 
 PostSun Aug 11, 2019 2:07 am
Send private message Reply with quote
Ara will cast Positive Pulse while amidst laughter. "Dancing flame, dancing flame. First it's green and now it's red. Next it will fall asleep forever!"

(OOC) just gonna do this for now. Maybe this works as a trump card Gonk
Have a flower! ^-^~*
Chemical Slime
Send private message
 
 PostSun Aug 11, 2019 12:14 pm
Send private message Reply with quote
OOC: I just asked BMR if its possible to propitiate the owner of a tomb. He said yes, depending on whose tomb it is.
So maybe we can pacify the tomb owner if we promise not to take anything (or to put everything back where it belongs)
haha. no idea how to go about doing that though. I think an Oracle has the best connection to the spiritual world.

IC
Daimo steps towards the NE and behind Catt. "I hope this tree doesn't mind my presence. Forgive me whomsoever lays in this crypt. It is not my intention to disturb you." he mutters.

I use a hero point for an extra standard action.
Daimo casts Disrupt Undead twice at the skeletons with priority
- whoever is easiest to hit
- whoever is weaker
- whoever is threatening the party
- redirect any cast towards the other target if the original target dies.
Metal King Slime
Send private message
 
 PostWed Aug 28, 2019 3:32 pm
Send private message Reply with quote
As far as Daimo can tell, these are similar to regular skeletons, but have a few minor differences about them, but what those differences are, he can't quite tell.

Meanwhile, Valie manages to get out of range. Surprisingly, the undead guardians don't stop her immediately, but one does turn to face her, giving Catt the perfect opportunity to stab it with her knife. Unfortunately, it doesn't do all that much, with the knife simply passing through the creature's bones.

As soon as Valie casts her spell, the flames engulf the skeletons, and while you do see their bones form a few fractures from the intense heat, they don't seem to react all that much. Whether it's because they took no damage, or if they are simply completely stoic, you do not know.

Before they can react though, Daimo sends forth a ray at the closest skeleton. This is followed by Ara stepping in close, and sending forth a pulse of brilliant energy. The creatures are unable to withstand the combined magical assault, and both of the skeletons topple over, their eyes flaring up brightly, and then fading away to nothingness.

All goes quiet, except for everyone's heavy breathing after exerting themselves so.


Combat is over
Being from the third world, I reserve the right to speak in the third person.

Using Editor version wip 20170527 gfx_sdl+fb music_sdl
Liquid Metal King Slime
Send private message
 
 PostWed Aug 28, 2019 3:40 pm
Send private message Reply with quote
"I helped." Announces Catt, pretending to clean imaginary blood off her dagger.
Slime Knight
Send private message
 
 PostWed Aug 28, 2019 9:50 pm
Send private message Reply with quote
Quote:
Valie very nervously stands still for a moment before asking. "Does anyone have any suggestions now or will we continue down this deathtrap?"
Liquid Metal King Slime
Send private message
 
 PostWed Aug 28, 2019 10:39 pm
Send private message Reply with quote
"Let's make our own deathtrap!" Says Catt. "Back to the original plan before those skellies popped out. We still have an ambush to set up!"
Chemical Slime
Send private message
 
 PostThu Aug 29, 2019 3:34 pm
Send private message Reply with quote
Daimo pants labouredly, almost sinking to his knees from exhaustion.

"I thought I saw a vision of our doom, for sure, dripping with blood."

Those footsteps are drawing ever nearer. If we deal with them, we can secure our retreat, and enough time to inspect our surroundings, I wager.
I have hopes, though slight, for negotiation.

"We must be careful of these trees. Perhaps they are sensitive to water, or even blood."


How is this area lit? What is the light level like?
Can we hear any footsteps? Can we estimate their number, speed or distance?

Where is everyone standing?
Daimo wants to create water around this area, once everyone is standing safely and out of the way.
Slime
Send private message
 
 PostThu Aug 29, 2019 4:28 pm
Send private message Reply with quote
"Fluttering magic! Whirling wind that never stops!"

Ara does a sort of twirl before sitting down in place. She looks towards the remains of the skeletons. "I didn't know I could do that..."

Her eyes spark as an idea comes to her - and she looks towards the others, "Might I have some bones, please? I only want a little."

Have a flower! ^-^~*
Metal King Slime
Send private message
 
 PostFri Aug 30, 2019 5:51 am
Send private message Reply with quote
The area is lit pretty much the same as the previous room. Right now, you can't hear any other footsteps, and everything is pretty quiet. Everyone is near the entrance to the long hallway, but you're free to move around as you please.
Being from the third world, I reserve the right to speak in the third person.

Using Editor version wip 20170527 gfx_sdl+fb music_sdl
Chemical Slime
Send private message
 
 PostSun Sep 01, 2019 3:16 pm
Send private message Reply with quote
Well.
We got a cart. Might as well use it somehow, like a surprise attack, distraction, cover, concealment, obstructing a passage, or a moving platform. Pretty nifty mobile battle structure.

I think we should take all the loot from the skellies.
It might also be something heavy we can drop or use later.
The party work together to load up the cart?

If Ara wants a bone, Daimo sees no reason to object? Probably.
Daimo tosses a bone to Ara, or maybe Ara uses Mage Hand?

Let's figure out the next step. Wait for someone to approach? Go back to the store room and collect more stuff? Or head on down the long hallway?

Daimo wants to sit quietly for a moment in the long hallway, because its easily defensible. Alcoves+Cart+Soap/water floor makes a difficult approach.

Also, Daimo doesn't mention this, but its implied, he doesnt want to do anything around those necromantic trees until he knows their purpose.
Say we spill blood and this triggers the trees somehow? Or a caretaker activates them? Daimo is wracked by the mystery of these trees.

If Catt or Liliael wants to check further down this passage, Daimo also inspects for Magic and I assume we all move a little further down this hallway. It extends for at least 30ft? Jeez. We might not be able to turn back once we start down there.

I know everyone assumes the large hall w/sarcophagi down the adjacent passage is trapped... But I assumed that would be where we should head next? It wouldn't be a bad idea to check it out. There might be important stuff there! Daimo wanted to go down there earlier.
There are stairs? Will the cart be unable to proceed?

Daimo finds the statuette and concentrates on it. Maybe if they keep moving they will find some peace.
Slime Knight
Send private message
 
 PostSun Sep 01, 2019 5:57 pm
Send private message Reply with quote
Quote:
"Do you think they heard us? Do you think they're about to come rushing down?" says Valie. She eyes the garden cautiously, not sure what to look for. "If you want an ambush, I have no more offensive spells to give. I can pour oil all over this garden if need be. Might want to have Liliael check out the area again."


I'd prefer if we used the cart exclusively for moving objects, we don't want to carry all our spoils ourselves, do we?
Slime
Send private message
 
 PostSun Sep 01, 2019 9:41 pm
Send private message Reply with quote
Ara catches the tossed bone, and gives a little joyful squeak as she collects some more finger bones from the defeated skeletons.
Looking at Diamo, she tilts her head and asks, "Is the statue whispering anything? I wonder if it knows why clouds look like cotton.."

Have a flower! ^-^~*
Display posts from previous:
Page «  1, 2, 3, 4, 5