Alien Squatter: Testers Needed!

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Alien Squatter: Testers Needed!

Post by Willy Elektrix »

Hey folks! Remember me? I haven't posted on here in ages, but I've been hanging out on the OHR Discord server.

Shea Kennedy and I are nearing completion on our next game. It's called Alien Squatter. In it, you play a homeless alien in a futuristic alien city and try to make a better life for yourself. It's (maybe, not really) a bit like Harvest Moon. Here's a feature list:

*Make a character from 3 different alien species.
*Use your physical, mental, and social stats to overcome various obstacles.
*Befriend and romance 20 different NPCs.
*Choose one of 5 different pets.
*Earn dozens of endings and achievements.

The game is mostly done. However it has no music and sound, and is missing a few of the cutscene graphics. It also needs bug testing and balancing.

I'm looking for a couple of people to play the game and record their sessions for me, or stream them live as I watch. One playthrough should take between 4-8 hours.

Hit me with a PM if you're interested! Let me know your available to record or stream. Thanks so much!
Attachments
asquatter0000.png
asquatter0000.png (5.65 KiB) Viewed 4669 times
asquatter0001.png
asquatter0001.png (6.52 KiB) Viewed 4669 times
asquatter0002.png
asquatter0002.png (12.95 KiB) Viewed 4669 times
asquatter0003.png
asquatter0003.png (8.9 KiB) Viewed 4669 times
asquatter0004.png
asquatter0004.png (12.3 KiB) Viewed 4669 times
asquatter0005.png
asquatter0005.png (10.52 KiB) Viewed 4669 times
asquatter0006.png
asquatter0006.png (9.12 KiB) Viewed 4669 times
asquatter0007.png
asquatter0007.png (9.24 KiB) Viewed 4669 times
asquatter0008.png
asquatter0008.png (10.72 KiB) Viewed 4669 times
Last edited by Willy Elektrix on Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

I'm definitely interested, although I'm not sure I'll be able to do any recording/streaming before August.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Oh, My! I am very excited about this game :D

I probably shouldn't commit as a playtester since my availability to play and/or stream is spotty and inconsistent, but let it be known that i am really looking forward to this game.
Bird
Slime Knight

Post by Bird »

Willy, your game "Ramble Planet" was one of the most interesting experiences with the OHRRPGCE. I would be pleased to determine the low-system requirements of the new project and play through and give some feedback. We can do a low-resolution video record of the playthrough, but not a livestream.
Foxley
Metal Slime

Post by Foxley »

If you're looking for a sound effects person, I could see what I can do around middle of next month.

There's also my existing sound effects pack from a couple of years ago, you're free to use any of it.
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

Mogri wrote:I'm definitely interested, although I'm not sure I'll be able to do any recording/streaming before August.
Thanks! I may take you up on that in August. Stand by.
Bob the Hamster wrote:Oh, My! I am very excited about this game :D

I probably shouldn't commit as a playtester since my availability to play and/or stream is spotty and inconsistent, but let it be known that i am really looking forward to this game.
Hey James! I'm glad to hear you're pumped! By the way, thanks for developing the OHR (TMC too). It's basically transformed my life.

I hope you dig Alien Squatter when you eventually play it. It's definitely different from my last games. Shea Kennedy's graphics for it are looking hot.
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

Foxley wrote:If you're looking for a sound effects person, I could see what I can do around middle of next month.

There's also my existing sound effects pack from a couple of years ago, you're free to use any of it.
Thanks for volunteering! Shea Kennedy is doing the music and sound effects. If he needs help, I'll let him know you offered.
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

Bird wrote:Willy, your game "Ramble Planet" was one of the most interesting experiences with the OHRRPGCE. I would be pleased to determine the low-system requirements of the new project and play through and give some feedback. We can do a low-resolution video record of the playthrough, but not a livestream.
PM sent.
SwordPlay
Chemical Slime

Post by SwordPlay »

If you still need testers I can record a playthrough and possibly streaming as well. it looks really exciting!
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

I'm still looking for testers. Some of you said that you might have free time in the future. Hit me up whenever that is. =D
SwordPlay wrote:If you still need testers I can record a playthrough and possibly streaming as well. it looks really exciting!
PM sent.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

I figured out how to record myself playing games on my phone, and I am almost finished with my playthrough of Kaiju Big Battel, so I might actually have the ability and time to playtest for you.

I can also set up the Android packaging for you, thus killing two space birds with one space stone.

Does the game rely on any non-standard scripted keyboard keys?
sheamkennedy
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by sheamkennedy »

Bob the Hamster wrote:Does the game rely on any non-standard scripted keyboard keys?
No, just the standard keys.
⊕ P E R S O N A L M U S I C: https://open.spotify.com/album/6fEo3fCm5C3XhtFRflfANr
� C O L L A B M U S I C: https://dustpuppets.bandcamp.com/releases
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

Bob the Hamster wrote:I figured out how to record myself playing games on my phone, and I am almost finished with my playthrough of Kaiju Big Battel, so I might actually have the ability and time to playtest for you.

I can also set up the Android packaging for you, thus killing two space birds with one space stone.

Does the game rely on any non-standard scripted keyboard keys?
If you could play it, that would be awesome!!! =D Although we're not ready for an Android package yet. Probably still some bugs to be fixed and little features to be added.
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

Wow! Alien Squatter has a trailer now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLU638FELqg&t

Fair warning! The trailer is way better than the game. =D
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

I for one am excited to [s]play[/s] squat