CataclysmDDA

Talk about things that are not making games here. But you should also make games!

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Consider killing him.
Otherwise trade for supplies, maybe he's interested in some of the mostly useless clothes you have.
Also rethink the dog food thing, it's better than starvation is it comes to that and a bag of dog food would stay good for a while.
Last edited by Spoonweaver on Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MorpheusKitami
Slime Knight

Post by MorpheusKitami »

See if there's anything nearby he won't mind us taking.
After our current detour, we should go to the refugee shelter.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Tommy is crazy... Except for the whole building a bunker idea, but you guess that was luck.

Who else knows he is here?

Who would miss him?

Who is to say what is right or wrong anymore with the world gone mad

Isn't this great shelter and those... Decent... Supplies wasted on him?

Not necessarily saying you should crowbeaver his head in, but you DEFINITELY need to have a moral crisis right now.
Bird
Slime Knight

Post by Bird »

Disagree. Have a chat with the guy. Ask about the strange animals, like the crab zombies and the giant ant. A little bit of human interaction, please! That will do well for the soul.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Kill and eat him! :V

Edit: ....but not really? Maybe... I think it should be considered. You've been lucky so far, but what if you ran out of gas near those lobster men?! What if those beavers were bears! You may need to eat this guy to have any chance of survival!
Last edited by Spoonweaver on Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

He can't be the only madman around here. You're probably mad too, and as unaware of it as Tommy. When was the last time you had a cup of coffee? A hot chocolate? Tea?! This store is a joke!

Well, definitely take the gun and some compatible ammo, you'll be needing that. Hopefully your raw materials are of value to this guy. Or sell a turret, what are the odds you'll ever manage to repair, reload and use both of them?
And you'll run out of matches soon too.
Last edited by TMC on Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BMR
Metal King Slime

Post by BMR »

Day 004 - Some Time After Mid Morning
Spoonweaver wrote:Consider killing him.
Otherwise trade for supplies, maybe he's interested in some of the mostly useless clothes you have.
Also rethink the dog food thing, it's better than starvation is it comes to that and a bag of dog food would stay good for a while.
Spoonweaver wrote:Kill and eat him! :V

Edit: ....but not really? Maybe... I think it should be considered. You've been lucky so far, but what if you ran out of gas near those lobster men?! What if those beavers were bears! You may need to eat this guy to have any chance of survival!
Bob the Hamster wrote:Tommy is crazy... Except for the whole building a bunker idea, but you guess that was luck.

Who else knows he is here?

Who would miss him?

Who is to say what is right or wrong anymore with the world gone mad

Isn't this great shelter and those... Decent... Supplies wasted on him?

Not necessarily saying you should crowbeaver his head in, but you DEFINITELY need to have a moral crisis right now.
Tommy is... definitely overflowing with enough cashews to make him a certified nutcase. He's got a lot of gear here, and if I could get my hands on it...

I look at Beaver Bane, and the dried blood on it. If I could...

No, it wouldn't work. That glass he's behind looks like the stuff they use in banks, the sort that can stand up to gunfire. And no way am I getting through that with a crowbar. What's more, the door that leads to the other side is made of metal, and there doesn't look to be any way to open it from this side.

For now, killing Tommy is off the table.

MorpheusKitami wrote:See if there's anything nearby he won't mind us taking.
After our current detour, we should go to the refugee shelter.
Bird wrote:Disagree. Have a chat with the guy. Ask about the strange animals, like the crab zombies and the giant ant. A little bit of human interaction, please! That will do well for the soul.
TMC wrote:He can't be the only madman around here. You're probably mad too, and as unaware of it as Tommy. When was the last time you had a cup of coffee? A hot chocolate? Tea?! This store is a joke!

Well, definitely take the gun and some compatible ammo, you'll be needing that. Hopefully your raw materials are of value to this guy. Or sell a turret, what are the odds you'll ever manage to repair, reload and use both of them?
And you'll run out of matches soon too.
For now, may as well trade for some stuff. I get the revolver from him, as well as a few rounds of ammo. That's 40 shots I've got, and Tommy was unwilling to part with more. Also grabbed the lighter, as my matches will definitely run out pretty quickly. Thankfully, all he wanted was one of the broken turrets. He cackled about how he'd get it up and running again in no time.

"Say, Tommy, what do you know about those crab mutant demon things up top? And the giant ant?"

"Ah, you saw those! Those are hunter-killers the government sent after me, because I know about their secrets! Don't believe the news that there was an outbreak in one of those labs, that's just to throw off the sheeple. But I'm safe here, and they can't get me!

"Right... well, I'll be seeing you then, Tommy."

I leave the crazy man behind and head back to my car. I start up the engine, and head for the shelter.

Day 004 - Noon

I did it, I finally did it! And just in time too, as I pulled up near the shelter, the police car sputtered to a halt, finally having run out of petrol. It served me well, and I'm here now. Maybe I can get some petrol from the folks inside if I decide not to stay here.

There's barbed wire across the way to the entrance, but there are open areas so that thinking people can get through. Against mindless, unthinking zombies it'll still be effective though. The doors look to be boarded up and reinforced, but right now they are open. At least they're not turning people away right now.

As soon as I walk inside though, I find that the place seems to already be filled to capacity. There are people in little more than rags just sitting around the area. A few are eating, but for the most part they just stare despondently into space.

To either side of the room are glass panels, like what Tommy had. Behind the glass, I can see some people working. At the far side of the room, there is a large double door, and there are two rather burly-looking men standing guard there.

>What should I do?
Attachments
015.png
015.png (27.34 KiB) Viewed 2684 times
Being from the third world, I reserve the right to speak in the third person.

Using Editor version wip 20170527 gfx_sdl+fb music_sdl
MorpheusKitami
Slime Knight

Post by MorpheusKitami »

Talk to the people behind the glass and inquire if they have any room available, failing that, books on constructing weapons to use on the ever growing horde of the undead.
TheLordThyGod
Slime Knight
Location: Muscle Shoals, AL, USA, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Known Universe

Post by TheLordThyGod »

This looks amazing, I'm downloading it.
...spake The Lord Thy God.
BMR
Metal King Slime

Post by BMR »

TheLordThyGod wrote:This looks amazing, I'm downloading it.
In the meantime, come play along with us, heh.
Being from the third world, I reserve the right to speak in the third person.

Using Editor version wip 20170527 gfx_sdl+fb music_sdl
MorpheusKitami
Slime Knight

Post by MorpheusKitami »

It is, although it lacks a real endgoal at this point.
Bird
Slime Knight

Post by Bird »

We need an ally! Which of the humans looks to be the most sane? Talk to that one.
TheLordThyGod
Slime Knight
Location: Muscle Shoals, AL, USA, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Known Universe

Post by TheLordThyGod »

BMR wrote:
In the meantime, come play along with us, heh.
I'll be glad to, but I don't quite know what's going on yet!
...spake The Lord Thy God.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Well this place is a hole...
And you've lost your car, great.
Well at least this place should act as a good base if nothing else. Inquiry how much free food they'll give you each day.

Then explore the area around the shelter in ever increasing circles until you find something interesting, get attacked, or get bored.

EDIT: Also, if the shelter really is all full, consider trying to lure one of the refugees away and killing them to free up a spot.
Or luring a mean creature back to base to create havoc and potentially kill someone, indirectly.

EDIT EDIT: Consider luring back any mean creatures you find regardless of shelter fullness.
Last edited by Spoonweaver on Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Gasoline. How much gasoline do they have? Where do they keep it?