Boss fight with a big boy
Attachments
YukG.PNG
YukG.PNG (54.59 KiB) Viewed 1345 times
RMZ
King Slime

Re: Walthros: Renewal

Post by RMZ »

That's not Yuk Deluxe, that's like Yuk Super Size. Yuk was always my favorite Walthros character. Glad to see he's still in this.
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

Yuk Deluxe is here too, the new fellow is Gargantua Yuk. There are lot more Yuk types in general this time.
Attachments
walthrosrenewal0095.png
walthrosrenewal0095.png (4.51 KiB) Viewed 1327 times
RMZ
King Slime

Post by RMZ »

Well damn.
Attachments
gif-leonardo-dicaprio-django-unchained-curiosity.gif
gif-leonardo-dicaprio-django-unchained-curiosity.gif (997.75 KiB) Viewed 1322 times
TheLordThyGod
Slime Knight
Location: Muscle Shoals, AL, USA, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Known Universe

Post by TheLordThyGod »

Looking great!
...spake The Lord Thy God.
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

There's only one full sized dungeon left and one small one and the game is essentially done. It feels weird to be so close but to not have the sense of urgency to finish that I had with Kaiju. There's still a lot of side content I want to add but very little that requires new maps, so that should go smoothly. I could hit a Halloween release, but I'm not sure if I will, or of I'll hold back to keep adding more side stuff and just do an end of year release.

This game is, more than anything else, for me. I hope it means something to other people, but it's a big piece of closure I needed.

I streamlined a lot of my game design here. Total development time will end up being three and a half years, the same as Kaiju, in spite of doing all the graphics myself this time and the game itself being longer.
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

To make Tengun City feel a little more lively, there's random air traffic flying over as Bob explores. Right now there's only four different colors of fish to pilot the pods, but I'll add versions for everyone.
Attachments
walthrosrenewal0102.gif
walthrosrenewal0102.gif (3.35 MiB) Viewed 1274 times
kylekrack
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by kylekrack »

Are those pods parented to the script layer? They seem to be moving with the camera. If you parent them to a map layer or the overlay layer, they wouldn't drift like that.
My pronouns are they/them
Ps. I love my wife
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

Yeah they move with the camera, I'll give that a shot and see how it looks. I kind of like them drifting, but I'll go with whatever feels more natural!
Attachments
What the heck are yuks doing in a house? Who are these punks? Enemies? Friends? Something more?
What the heck are yuks doing in a house? Who are these punks? Enemies? Friends? Something more?
Side.PNG (46.37 KiB) Viewed 1237 times
There are delivery bots all over Tengun City, just rolling around doing their thing. Each has its own path. If you block them, they'll wait patiently for you to move.
There are delivery bots all over Tengun City, just rolling around doing their thing. Each has its own path. If you block them, they'll wait patiently for you to move.
walthrosrenewal0107.gif (2.75 MiB) Viewed 1255 times
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

Characters have friendships across the islands that aren't related to the plot. Here, Roland introduces Bob and Suwanee to Flopsam, a clown who has a delivery job available. She watches three TVs at once.
Attachments
Flopsam.PNG
Flopsam.PNG (71.99 KiB) Viewed 1222 times
FfYgUbPWAAcCimg.png
FfYgUbPWAAcCimg.png (11.98 KiB) Viewed 1222 times
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

If players have game data from other Super Walrus Games titles, they'll receive some bonuses in Walthros: Renewal when they visit the world map for the first time!

Games have to be installed to the same directory or on the same Steam account.
Attachments
Worms.PNG
Worms.PNG (49.06 KiB) Viewed 1187 times
RMZ
King Slime

Post by RMZ »

That is a super dope idea. Would you be open to sharing how you did that? That seems super specific since everything has to run through the Walthros game and then check outside directories and/or inside ones, and I also didn't know you could even do that. Closest I came to this trick was just importing globals which is a self-contained thing. I don't see anything from a quick search in the directory for ways to reference other sav files or pull from other folders for things.
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

There's a "check game exists" command in the plotscript dictionary with details on how to use it. You can use it and set tags if the file is found. It can't scan everywhere but it's easy to use if you know exactly where the files might be located (so if they're in the same directory or installed by Steam since that always uses the same directory format)

Standard command line formatting can be used to tell it which directories to check.
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

Eating eggs
Attachments
Eggs.gif
Eggs.gif (442.22 KiB) Viewed 1102 times
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

The Wobbler wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:36 pm Eating eggs
I'm curious -- are there chickens in the Walthros mythos?