Morgenstern - my newest game

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Mammothstuds
Slime Knight

Morgenstern - my newest game

Post by Mammothstuds »

Hey, all. A while back, I posted in the Hype Up Your Game thread about my newest project, Morgenstern. The project is still undergoing development, and I'm proud to say that a part of the first chapter will be available shortly in the form of a demo.

What is Morgenstern, exactly? On the surface, it's a pretty standard RPG. The main hero, Bentley, must wander the earth making allies and defeating enemies in an effort to stop the eponymous threat - an ancient, rising evil by the name of Morgenstern.

Morgenstern's primary points of focus are the storyline, the characters, and a crucial combat mechanic - dubbed the "Dual Attack System", this mechanic allows for certain attacks to have secondary effects based on certain circumstances. For instance, the "spitfire" attack will heal the team's HP if the caster is at low health.

This thread will serve as a devlog for the game, as well as a forum for people to share thoughts, speculations, and feedback. I hope you're all looking forward to the demo and, with it, the game itself!
Attachments
What purpose do these gargoyles serve?
What purpose do these gargoyles serve?
morgenstern0001.png (8.29 KiB) Viewed 1436 times
Battles!
Battles!
morgenstern0002.png (10.73 KiB) Viewed 1437 times
Mid-boss dialogue!
Mid-boss dialogue!
morgenstern0003.png (10.96 KiB) Viewed 1437 times
Battle against an early mid-boss.
Battle against an early mid-boss.
morgenstern0004.png (9.47 KiB) Viewed 1437 times
Where could this location be?
Where could this location be?
morgenstern0005.png (12.31 KiB) Viewed 1438 times
NPC dialogue!
NPC dialogue!
morgenstern0006.png (13.34 KiB) Viewed 1438 times
More NPC dialogue!
More NPC dialogue!
morgenstern0007.png (9.33 KiB) Viewed 1438 times
Last edited by Mammothstuds on Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
ArtimusBena
Slime Knight

Post by ArtimusBena »

This has a fun-looking style to it, man! Secondary, situational effects sound like they could be interesting.