OHR One-Room Contest 2019

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

kylekrack
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by kylekrack »

The idea of having one-room is to try and constrain games down to a very manageable scope. The use of doors (and therefore multiple "rooms") is discouraged, but not disallowed.
My pronouns are they/them
Ps. I love my wife
charbile
Metal Slime

Post by charbile »

This might be a case of semantics, as I meant more of a visual room in the map. Feenicks' screenshot got me thinking of how to get super stupid. I won't use any doors, but my map might contain a very small tiny few different areas within the same 50x50 map. The scope will be itty bitty, I promise.

On an unrelated note, I hope nobody gets upset if everyone in this thread were to appear in a video game. tee hee
Nathan Karr
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Nathan Karr »

charbile wrote:On an unrelated note, I hope nobody gets upset if everyone in this thread were to appear in a video game. tee hee
I'm more upset by the number of games I don't appear in.
Remeber: God made you special and he loves you very much. Bye!
Kefyrra
Red Slime

Post by Kefyrra »

I'm probably going to make a short little game about a succubus luring angry villagers into her mansion so she can gobble them up.
charbile
Metal Slime

Post by charbile »

Kefyrra wrote:I'm probably going to make a short little game about a succubus luring angry villagers into her mansion so she can gobble them up.
sounds like my kind of game, on the edge of my seat

am just going to make something uh... hopefully not too random this time. aiming for an actual rpg. have to get past this technical hurdle with tmc and commit to a resolution, which if i can't then dont get hopes up too much. not even about a contest or prize, just want to have fun with my ohr buddies, like billy at afrenhouse
charbile
Metal Slime

Post by charbile »

HEY TMC and PEPSIRANGER if you're reading this could you please post some kind of image or image description of your avatar - or not, i dont mind getting creative

the real challenge is the same as always, one i'm sure everyone is familiar with, the oldest rival... just finishing the game. not sure if i'll make it.

hope to play your games soon
Attachments
you'll never guess who
you'll never guess who
whodatpokemon.png (134.91 KiB) Viewed 4067 times
Nathan Karr
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Nathan Karr »

For how small and simple my game is, progress sure is coming along slowly. With how much I intend the game to have it's physically possible to finish it in a single evening, but sometimes it feels like I've been in a constant state of burnout for seven years.
Attachments
These are your only two playable characters, a pirate and a mermaid.
These are your only two playable characters, a pirate and a mermaid.
snakeway0006.png (6.21 KiB) Viewed 4062 times
woahpotato
Red Slime

Post by woahpotato »

train
Attachments
starranger0012.gif
starranger0012.gif (831.25 KiB) Viewed 4054 times
Feenicks
Metal Slime

Post by Feenicks »

Vault.rpg's almost done. Gonna devote the weekend to making sure things are actually playable/balanced the way I want them to be.

Also: charbile, I appreciate that harpy.
Attachments
VAULT0010.png
VAULT0010.png (3.52 KiB) Viewed 4030 times
VAULT0008.png
VAULT0008.png (7.79 KiB) Viewed 4030 times
Last edited by Feenicks on Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Ho ho.

But aside from the low-res pirate ship icon I use on Discord, I haven't had an avatar, anywhere, in ~15 years. I think your imagination's better than mine on this.

Pepsi Ranger's avatar in fact portrays the enterprising teenage protagonist of Entrepreneur: The Beginning dumpster diving for used coffee filters and maybe a broken radio if he's lucky.
Last edited by TMC on Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
TheMan
Red Slime

Post by TheMan »

@charbile I think kefyrra's avatar is sachi from oyasumi punpun, just for reference (if you didnt know already)
Feenicks
Metal Slime

Post by Feenicks »

[game]Vault.rpg[/game].

As usual, let me know if anything blows up in your face.
Attachments
VAULT0016.png
VAULT0016.png (5.49 KiB) Viewed 3980 times
Nathan Karr
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Nathan Karr »

A game where you get eaten by a snake instead of a dog. I'm so creative, original, and totally not perpetually iterating on one idea I'm dangerously fixated on!
charbile
Metal Slime

Post by charbile »

Hey guys, so uh

I am throwing myself at the mercy of the court. Begging, pleading. If you could give me to the 26th, I am confident I could finish.

I will make it worth your while. I will humble myself in any way you so deem fit. Everyone can have one charbile-favor card, free of charge, to cash in whenever for whatever.

please please please

(am dying inside i dont have time yet to play all these posted games, dang)

--

@TheMan
I didn't know, appreciate letting me know. It's a bit too late for me to adjust the character (maybe). I've taken many liberties on how I wrote everyone. Hope nobody gets upset, and if so, i can always change it afterward.

Rushed out a first draft that came out to be 450 text boxes in custom. Graphics are all done. Just chipping away at the scripts... finished the core framework, need another day off to finish the fun part of actually using them to do things.
Kefyrra
Red Slime

Post by Kefyrra »

charbile wrote: @TheMan
I didn't know, appreciate letting me know. It's a bit too late for me to adjust the character (maybe). I've taken many liberties on how I wrote everyone. Hope nobody gets upset, and if so, i can always change it afterward.
I don't really mind, it's a very cute design either way.
And ugh I still can't decide whether I should focus on that succubus game or Ice Wizard Must Die