guo
Metal Slime

Post by guo »

Partial credit!
vvight.wordpress.com
Foxley
Metal Slime

Post by Foxley »

I've been trying to prototype the basic gameplay systems first, and after more than 300 lines of code I've got this working:
(pardon the horrible fast food item names)

It's a randomized order generation system. The main gameplay mechanic involves the player needing to create these orders and give it to customers as soon as possible without making mistakes - wrong orders or taking too long will get you berated or physically assaulted. Because you know, sodas and onion rings are serious business.

Next, I need to organize a menu system that matches the slice-based order generation, to allow the player to create slices that have matching properties (i.e. slice extra data), which will be verified in an order matching script to determine success or failure.
Last edited by Foxley on Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nathan Karr
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Nathan Karr »

I've decided I like the first two heroes I made for my game and how they play off each other so much that I'm not going to bother tossing a third or fourth playable character into this hallway.

Random battle formations are mostly finished, and soon I will begin working on bosses.

Marina's spells' effects:
HEALUS - Spread healing
VIVIFY - Revive (in case Marina is alive, has 2 or more MP, you're out of meat, and Captain Flint goes down. Might reduce to 1 MP for how situational it is)
CURE - Heal one and cure poison simultaneously
WAKE SONG - Cure stun
SLEEP SONG - Sleep; only works on animals
SONAR - Scan all enemies' current HP; 0 MP cost, but it's usually better to just keep attacking.
WASH - cure blindness
WAVE - attack all enemies
WHIP - attack one enemy twice
Attachments
Marina McMermaid's spell list.
Marina McMermaid's spell list.
snakeway0005.png (2 KiB) Viewed 3827 times
The game's intro. This GIF went crazy in the Discord server for whatever reason.
The game's intro. This GIF went crazy in the Discord server for whatever reason.
snakeway0004.gif (637.56 KiB) Viewed 3827 times
Remeber: God made you special and he loves you very much. Bye!
kylekrack
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by kylekrack »

Püzzles
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-02-06 at 11.45.13 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-02-06 at 11.45.13 AM.png (33.04 KiB) Viewed 3807 times
My pronouns are they/them
Ps. I love my wife
charbile
Metal Slime

Post by charbile »

SwordPlay wrote:My aim is not to get disqualified this time!
I know, I'm very ambitious.
this cracks me up, setting the bar pretty high there

only a couple days left. looks like i was too late to notice this. if there's a decent extension i might throw down, but otherwise you're all Big Kid Club champions to me.
kylekrack
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by kylekrack »

If an extension would get a new participant, I'd sure be willing to have one! How does everyone else feel about their projects? Want some more time, or would you rather be done with the contest this weekend?

A week extension could work. It wouldn't conflict with the upcoming Ridiculous Games contest then, would it?
Ps. I love my wife
SwordPlay
Chemical Slime

Post by SwordPlay »

I haven't made anything substantial. I have a few different ideas that I'm trying to "mash"* together.
But I'm leaning towards rehashing an older project for a few hours and submitting that...

Ideally I want to make something and enter it in 3 different jams. But that might be too complicated.
Constraints provide focus or something, right?
Well, it could be nice, it's not required.

My current state is eyeing up the competition and trying to figure out if I have a chance of winning that coveted misc prize thing**.
But against the other entries... I feel my chances are slim!
EDIT: Unless there's an extension, which might change things

* "Jam", if you will.

** It's basically like a trophy (a token of some kind) right? Okay, okay... "Award", whatever. But where the hell are we supposed to keep it?
Maybe we can get it turned into a badge or pin.
e.g, digital (for SS or discord) or a real one maybe made of (printed) paper or card. It could be quite cheap to send anywhere in the world as well.
Maybe for another (bigger) contest though? I am interested in sponsoring that. Maybe we can write funny messages on it as well hihi
Awards can be fun.
Last edited by SwordPlay on Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.
kylekrack
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by kylekrack »

Submitting should be about winning!! That's why I invented the Big Kid Club Champion Award. It's meant to sound so juvenile that it's almost embarrassing to win. Also, I'm gonna submit a thing to my own contest; I don't intend to win. That would be silly!
Ps. I love my wife
MorpheusKitami
Slime Knight

Post by MorpheusKitami »

I wouldn't mind it being extended, I didn't have any free time this week so I wasn't able to get anything done.
Nathan Karr
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Nathan Karr »

I've been working and trying to catch up on HotOHR voting this week

But this coming week I have all the time in the world and the RGC isn't started up yet so there's only so much graphical pre-production and thought mind brain planning I can do for something so silly and small-scale.

For this one-room contest I've got my dungeon mapped out, but all I have are the hero definitions, random battles, and the intro cutscene; none of the treasure or bosses I wanted to put in are present yet aside from random enemies' treasure drops.
Remeber: God made you special and he loves you very much. Bye!
kylekrack
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by kylekrack »

It sounds like enough people could use an extension (myself included) so I'm gonna go ahead and go forward with it. I was thinking this was going right up against the RDC in March, but I realize now it's not quite that far into February. Everyone who's participating or who might now consider participating:

The deadline is February 24th. Good luck!
Ps. I love my wife
guo
Metal Slime

Post by guo »

Won't have enough free time I'm afraid... working 6 days weeks atm :(

All the best to the entrants, and I look forward to playing and voting!
vvight.wordpress.com
charbile
Metal Slime

Post by charbile »

another week? wasn't expecting that. now i'm kind of compelled to enter, curses.

if i win i hope swordplay writes a funny message on my teacher's bulletin board picture. i know i'm writing one on theirs. a perverted lunarian wolf monster who used to make ohr games (dont ask) once told me to make games for fun. i think this is what he meant. Kylekrack is right.
Feenicks
Metal Slime

Post by Feenicks »

I was close to being done this weekend, but the extension is nonetheless appreciated.
Here's some progress on my end.
Attachments
A slightly more advanced version of what I did last year.
A slightly more advanced version of what I did last year.
VAULT crash-recovered 00003.gif (1.48 MiB) Viewed 3631 times
charbile
Metal Slime

Post by charbile »

Looks great, Feenicks. I assume that's some clever use of maptile layering? Must be a lot of work.

And uh, just to clarify, the games dont have to be 'one room', right?