MLP: Trixie's Adventure On Rock Farm (review)

Write and read reviews of games that have been uploaded to Slime Salad.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

TheLordThyGod
Slime Knight
Location: Muscle Shoals, AL, USA, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Known Universe

MLP: Trixie's Adventure On Rock Farm (review)

Post by TheLordThyGod »

My Little Pony: Trixie’s Adventure On The Rock Farm is a game released in 2018 by TheCrimsonDM (Masks: 15 Pages, Hero: Adventure in Animal Kingdom, One Pirate series).

The player controls Trixie, a blue unicorn. She grabs a pick axe and mines some rocks at the behest of another pony named Maud. Maud’s father Ignus sends the two of them to the Moonlit Caverns to retrieve a sapphire. There’s a shop to the south where a useless object is sold as an Antidote (good thing money and resources never become too precious). After retrieving the sapphire, Ignus sends the ponies into a volcanic area to look for someone named Marble who is missing. Marble isn’t in the mine though, so the ponies just fight a boss in leave. Ignus has gone into the Crystal Cave (from One Pirate? I was expecting a reference here but didn’t get it), so now the ponies must follow. Ignus and Marble are being held captive by some purple octopus thing called the Old Smooze. The ponies kill it and return home. The end? A second ending is alluded to, probably having something to do with the locked doors in the basement. I never found a legit way past that, however. Apparently there’s a super weapon for Trixie in there. It took me about 45 minutes to beat this game.

The graphics and music are adequate. Combat is very simple but functional and balanced (perhaps erring on the side of too easy). There are still plenty of errors in the text, but not nearly as many as in some of TheCrimsonDM’s other games. The plot is basically “fetch this item, save this damsel,� and the dialog is mostly the main characters insulting each others’ hair and suchlike. I didn’t find the writing particularly engaging or funny, but it was all so brief that I wasn’t too resentful of the wasted time either.

Trixie’s Adventure On The Rock Farm is a complete, brief, balanced, and mostly painless My Little Pony fan game. It was a little dull and simplistic, but at least it wasn’t frustrating. Perhaps a hardcore fan of the MLP franchise would find more fun in it than I who do not get the references.
Attachments
I never got the secret item or second ending, but I'm not sure that's how themes work...
I never got the secret item or second ending, but I'm not sure that's how themes work...
rockfarm-adventure0013.bmp (63.55 KiB) Viewed 3160 times
Crystal Cave, but not the one from One Pirate.
Crystal Cave, but not the one from One Pirate.
rockfarm-adventure0010.gif (2.46 MiB) Viewed 3160 times
Magma area.
Magma area.
rockfarm-adventure0009.gif (4.12 MiB) Viewed 3160 times
Boss fish.
Boss fish.
rockfarm-adventure0008.gif (1.32 MiB) Viewed 3160 times
The trek to the Moonlit Caverns.
The trek to the Moonlit Caverns.
rockfarm-adventure0004.gif (3.94 MiB) Viewed 3160 times
Exploring the ponies' house.
Exploring the ponies' house.