Rolling, Radical Revolution (review)

Write and read reviews of games that have been uploaded to Slime Salad.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

TheLordThyGod
Slime Knight
Location: Muscle Shoals, AL, USA, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Known Universe

Rolling, Radical Revolution (review)

Post by TheLordThyGod »

Rollende, Radikale Revolte (Rolling, Radical Revolution) is a game released in 2018 by T. Schoger (a.k.a. Bird).

All text is in German. I played part of the game using an English walkthrough, but I did not understand the game well enough to fairly assess it due to my own ignorance of the language. I was able to follow the broad strokes of the plot (at least in the beginning) and could figure out most of the battle options, but the game has a lot of dialog and I was unable to keep up.

A tyrant named Jacques has gone mad, and the Transplanetary Ministry of Peace & Friendship has decided to intervene; they send a tomato-like alien warrior named Raddanz to liberate the people. Raddanz teams up with a woman named Minerva to fight some geese; then they defend a woman named Mery from some poisonous insects. The insects are being produced by a rogue software on the computer of a man named Werner, and the computer must be stopped. After this, I lost track of the story (due to the language barrier); but I went inside a castle, did a block puzzle, and it all seemed to work fine and have a logic to it. This is when I decided to call it quits – not because the game was flawed in any way, but because I was personally unable to understand the German.

This game appears to be complete, playable, and well considered. The art is charming (there are animated cutscenes), the music is catchy, and the battle system seems to work fine (to the extent that I understood it). There are lots of colorful characters, plenty of text (I wish my German vocabulary was better), and even a few puzzles. This appears to be a solid game; I would gladly play it again if I learn more German or if the game is translated into English.
Attachments
Rollende, Radikale Revolte
Rollende, Radikale Revolte
revolte0010.png (22.01 KiB) Viewed 1882 times
...spake The Lord Thy God.
Bird
Slime Knight

Post by Bird »

What a motivating review this is! I will definetly and without question translate my game for you all. Your text here heats up the fire in my heart to take on the challenge.
TheLordThyGod
Slime Knight
Location: Muscle Shoals, AL, USA, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Known Universe

Post by TheLordThyGod »

Bird wrote:What a motivating review this is! I will definetly and without question translate my game for you all. Your text here heats up the fire in my heart to take on the challenge.
Let me know if you need any proofreading for your translation. I will be glad to help!
...spake The Lord Thy God.