Looking for Play Testers

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Foxley
Metal Slime

Post by Foxley »

I screenshotted a few of those same ones during my playtest.

Also PMed you on Discord about a soft lock bug I found a little while ago.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

The bug where things are oddy highlighted in some menus is my fault

It should be easy to fix once things settle down on my end, but I am not sure how long that will be.

That is a side effect of built-in mouse support, except for some menus I made a mistake that allows the "hover" color to appear even though mouse support is disabled.
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

Good notes from Gaplan and Foxley! Foxley in particular found a really awful bug that's now been fixed. Thank you! I've made a ton of little fixes and will be sending all testers new files in a few minutes.

Also, IMPORTANT NOTE: You can hold the R key to run on most maps. It's only disabled in certain puzzle rooms.
Last edited by The Wobbler on Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Foxley
Metal Slime

Post by Foxley »

Speaking of holding R, I believe there were certain auto-walking plotscript actions like walking through doorways or going in elevators that happened at 10 speed if I held R.

Since I wasn't aware of running 'til halfway through my playtest, I could try to break things with it on the next build.
Gaplan
Red Slime

Post by Gaplan »

Sorry, didn't find time to post it but here, I beat it, I hope that it's still relevant.
Also, about the word, you (or SodaPiggy) probably translated this in Google, but "питание" is the word that is more like for "nutrition" or "power suply".
But most of the Russian gamers are used to this kind of Russian word mispronunciations in foreign games, to the point that these kind of mistakes are funny for them (even my friend giggled a little when I showed it to him). So you can leave it as it is to make it a little funnier, or replace it with "еда" and make it correctly. :v:
Attachments
kaiju2.png
kaiju2.png (196.12 KiB) Viewed 1954 times
sorry for bad english :v:
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

Thanks! I'll fix those layering issues soon. The Russian text probably won't change, I don't think Soda would have time to get to it. That is pretty funny though, I'm glad to know it! The typos in the hacking world are intentional, there's a lot of them and more and more appear as it goes on.