corporate synergy spectrum cable deforestation (BY DonLynd)

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

corporate synergy spectrum cable deforestation (BY DonLynd)

Post by Spoonweaver »

Forests cover 31% of the land area on our planet. They produce vital oxygen and provide homes for people and wildlife. Many of the world’s most threatened and endangered animals live in forests, and 1.6 billion people rely on benefits forests offer, including food, fresh water, clothing, traditional medicine and shelter.

But forests around the world are under threat from deforestation, jeopardizing these benefits. Deforestation comes in many forms, including fires, clear-cutting for agriculture, ranching and development, unsustainable logging for timber, and degradation due to climate change. This impacts people’s livelihoods and threatens a wide range of plant and animal species. Some 46-58 thousand square miles of forest are lost each year—equivalent to 48 football fields every minute.

Forests play a critical role in mitigating climate change because they act as a carbon sink—soaking up carbon dioxide that would otherwise be free in the atmosphere and contribute to ongoing changes in climate patterns. Deforestation undermines this important carbon sink function. It is estimated that 15% of all greenhouse gas emissions are the result of deforestation.

Deforestation is a particular concern in tropical rainforests because these forests are home to much of the world’s biodiversity. For example, in the Amazon around 17% of the forest has been lost in the last 50 years, mostly due to forest conversion for cattle ranching. Deforestation in this region is particularly rampant near more populated areas, roads and rivers, but even remote areas have been encroached upon when valuable mahogany, gold and oil are discovered.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

I love you too baby girl and I will be there at the same time I don't have a car so I can get back to me for the position of a set of keys to the house and get back to you on the phone with my mom and I are going to the house and get back to you on the phone with my mom and my wife and get passport for a chest and stomach was fun but there was fun but it didn't remember to take it out and my prickle-kisses
guo
Metal Slime

Post by guo »

:???: Are you ok Mr Hamster?
vvight.wordpress.com