Telling the game to do stuff while a menu is open

Ask and answer questions about making games and related topics. Unrelated topics go in that other forum.

Moderators: marionline, SDHawk

KutKu
Red Slime

Post by KutKu »

TMC wrote:Since I'm attending conferences in Australia I'm really busy and generally don't have time to read forum posts. I didn't read what you wrote. Hopefully someone else can help you.

That looks really neat!

"slot:0" is wrong, unless you really have an equipment slot named 0. You don't, right? If you don't then it won't compile. "0" is also wrong, because equip slots count from 1, not 0. (It turns out that the engine treats 0 as equivalent to 1, but do NOT rely on this, do not be surprised if you get an error.) You should instead use the real name of the slot, like "slot:weapon".
It's fine! You guys have helped me get through the hardest challenges. At this point it's just a matter of properly planning everything and executing enough of it optimally.

Also I renamed my equipment slots to 0-4 in the "Edit global text strings" option, that was entirely for bug hunting. They're already named back to their defaults.

I'm hopeful I can get a demo of this working by the next few months. I'm picking up more programming classes this college semester to sharpen my problem solving skills. Hopefully the lessons I'll learn can help the work on this flow more smoothly. So this will probably be my last post on these forums until then. But if I have anything neat to show off or share (and I do intend to share pretty much all my work) I'll drop by.