Walthros
Baconthulu
Slime Wars (by Cam Dog)
C. Kane
Tim Tim
Macabre (This one was great.)
Don't Eat Soap
Mr. Triangles Adventure

Also Star Quest for sure. It's not on Slime Salad though. Does that matter?
Last edited by Willy Elektrix on Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

It matters for awarding the label. It doesn't for recognizing that it is a great game.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

@KyleKrack
Thank you for the nomination for Dungeon Bout. However, I'd like to remove it for consideration.
I do plan on finishing the single player mode and releasing a full version in the future and wouldn't want the current one promoted more than it already is.

That said, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Did you review it ever and I missed it? If not, I'd love to hear what you thought about the game. Perhaps in comments on the balancing of the units?

Oh.. and speaking of future projects.
As Pepsi suggested (though not because he suggested it) I will be making a Slimeomancy sequel. Though the use of A* is unlikely since one of the major factors in the game is the slimes wandering into danger.
Last edited by Spoonweaver on Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Argh, I probably didn't give my Dungeon Bout feedback either? I have it in a file somewhere...

Some games deserve attention regardless of whether they can win a badge.
Supernominate: Missing by Friend
Supernominate: Boundless Ocean by Friend (discussion)

Nominate:
Macabre by MeatBallSub
Spellshard by Shizuma and Harlock
Powerstick Man by Pepsi Ranger (I don't know what version of the game is currently available for download. Pepsi keeps playing games with the availability. Huge difference between current and original games)
Entrepreneur by Pepsi Ranger
C.Kane by Surlaw
Bloodlust by OnlyOneInAll
OkéDoké by Fnnrf
Super Amazing Blue Ball Game by Foreverblue2

I'm nominating Super Amazing Blue Ball Game because Willy did. I really enjoyed that game, but wasn't sure if quality gameplay was enough "quality" for this. I guess it did have original music so I'll let it pass.

Noone wanted to nominate Purgatory? I, uh, haven't actually played it, but it was always one of the most highly regarded games.

Will nominate more. There's a whole lot of games I haven't played in so long, or haven't played
Last edited by TMC on Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fenrir-Lunaris
Metal Slime

Post by Fenrir-Lunaris »

I ordered mine. Not in order of preference or anything, but there's SOME order to these.

Batman and Robin - Most of RMZ's current games have their stylistic origins in this game. Graphics, cutscene ordering, battle balance, this is where every one of his "modern" games got their start.
Boundless Ocean - Probably still the prettiest game on this list. Yes, it's outdated. Yes, there's no sound effects. Play it regardless.
C.Kane - Bought it on Steam; would buy it again. This is Surlaw gone full-on professional, and I KNOW we all can't wait to see his NEXT project (hint hint).
Crypt of Baconthulhu - James shows us that not only can a dungeoncrawl be made with the OHR, it can be made PROCEDURALLY.
DON'T EAT SOAP! - Bubble Bobble for OHR.
Dungeonmen:Men of Dungeons - Dungeons and Dragons, for OHR.
Festivus - After James made a dungeon-crawler, Phoenix made a 3D dungeon-crawler.
Halloween Quest - Every Halloween contest game wants to be this one. RMZ made it first.
Horsegame - Every line is quote-able.
Sleepover - Charbile is the Yoko Taro of our community. This game shows why.
Slimes! - Lemmings for OHR.
Spellshard - The better Final Fantasy for the OHR.
Sword of Jade - Final Fantasy? More like Furry Fantasy.
Tim-Tim the Mighty Gnome - This is as close to SOTN as you'll find on the OHR. Can't wait to see how the sequel blows everything about this out of the water.
Walthros AND Walthrus - The first one's considered something of an OHR classic, but it's parody/sequel is arguably better DO NOT QUESTION THIS TRUTH SICKENING FLESH MAMMAL.
Wandering Hamster - The game that's been in development for forever, but STILL one of the best paced, and stylistically pleasing games on this list.

Well I think that's everything, hope I didn't miss a-
OHR House Heroes - THE "Community Game", with references to other "famous" OHR heroes and villains. A spinoff of a sequel of a sequel, that itself got several spinoffs and sequels. This.. MIGHT be the start of the longest-running Meta-plot of the OHR community.
My Little Gahn - Someday, we will all go on our own BILLY ADVENTURE!!!1.
No More Villains - Final Fantasy XIII for OHR. Oh, and the END of the Terrible Games Contest.
The War on Christmas - Final Fantasy XIII-2 for OHR, with a B-list of heroes that didn't make it into House Heroes.
Spooks and Summons - Final Fanta.. er.. Brave Exvius for OHR?
Last edited by Fenrir-Lunaris on Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pepsi Ranger
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Pepsi Ranger »

TMC wrote:Powerstick Man by Pepsi Ranger (I don't know what version of the game is currently available for download. Pepsi keeps playing games with the availability. Huge difference between current and original games)
I haven't worked on it in nearly a year and a half (but I will get back to it soon!), and there are still some open areas with no content or unfinished content, but I don't see any reason to keep everyone stuck with the original version if you all want to try out the most current, so I've updated the game list entry with a public link to the WIP file. You can count whatever is in that file as the most recent version (or whatever the most recent version is that I uploaded to the playtest site).

Note that this is not an official release, as it still contains unfinished content. But it's still got plenty to check out. Also note that the game is too large to place directly on the game list, so you can get it only from the link provided in the description.

The Adventures of Powestick Man: Extended Edition official game list entry.
Place Obligatory Signature Here
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Have you ever (since the original release) released a demo with actual "end of demo" markers and half-built areas cordoned off? Do you have any plans to release such a demo instead of waiting a few more decades before this thing is finished? If you have released a 'proper' demo of the extended edition previously, it would definitely be sufficient for the Essentials even if it's years out of date now.
That said, even the WIP version has so much content that you would have trouble knowing when you've seen everything, whether there's a clean end of demo message or not!
Pepsi Ranger
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Pepsi Ranger »

I usually cordon things off when I release a proper demo, but since I'm basically letting people try the WIP, I'm leaving it open to discovery. But there's still an ending. Follow the main plot and you'll reach an end of demo. It's still in a messy state, so if you play it, just be aware that some of the missing elements include a proper navigational system that informs you which NPCs are important and which quests are active and which ones are open for discovery. I also have to do a lot of dialogue editing for certain characters who are very chatty. The side quest involving the Pirate Force is about 95% complete (it can be finished, but there are still a few details that need implementing), but there isn't much of a payoff yet for completing it, and the section that follows it is very incomplete.

I'd play it now if you're curious, but I'd wait if you want a seamless adventure without bugs or stupid things to wade through. There are also a few things I'm going to want to improve on now that the engine is getting better to work with.

Oh, and if any of you music people want to help me with a proper original soundtrack, let me know.
Place Obligatory Signature Here
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

I just played so many games, I'm exhausted. Including a number I haven't played before, and I'm overwhelmed with how many quality games there are out there; spoilt for choice of games that deserve recognition! (Although many of the longer ones I've never actually finished, so I don't know if their battles in particular hold up after hours of play)

Super nominate: Genesis by Rebecca & Taylor Bair - Feels like they set out to make the all-time greatest OHR game, but had to abandon it incomplete. Can't believe this hasn't been nominated yet.

I was going to super nominate both Baconlabs' games, but didn't want to overdo it. I think both are overlooked.

Super nominate: Viridia by Baconlabs - It's unfinished and short (feels like an ~hour long intro of a rather epic RPG), and it runs into limitations of the OHR's battle system (and suffers bugs as a result), but in most other respects it's pretty fantastic

SHiIDA by Baconlabs - I just played this for the first time. Wow, I'm not a fan of horror games, but I definitely recommend you play this one. It's a pretty short demo. (I can't believe Baconlabs started remaking) it as a Castlevania?!)
Bale by guo - This is pretty much my ideal RPG
My Little Gahn by Charbile
Festivus by Feenicks
Wandering Hamster by James
Dungeonmen by Shizuma/W.Geese and Harlock
Entrepreneur by Pepsi Ranger
Tightfloss Maiden by Pepsi Ranger
City of Dreams by Friend/Orchard-L - In the running for most beautiful OHR game, but probably also wins the title "The game which suffered the most from lack of map layers". Has problems but hasn't aged badly - it always had those problems
Vampire's Curse by Fenrir
The War on Christmas by Fenrir
Time and Time Again by SDHawk and Master K
Phantom Tactics by TwinHamster and Mogri - We need to get Mogri to continue this. I think he needs a new artist.
Spy Game by RMSephy and MariOnline
Samanthuel's Lovely Home by Brotoad
T4R4D1DDL3 by superawesomeric - Yes, it's the most perfect realisation of "all style, no substance", but I like the style. (I thought it replaying would be a disappointment, but not so)
Slimeomancy by Spoonweaver

Maybe I should quit nominating stuff.
Last edited by TMC on Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:05 am, edited 5 times in total.
Fenrir-Lunaris
Metal Slime

Post by Fenrir-Lunaris »

I can't believe I missed out on Megaman: Sprite game. Add that to my nominations.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Ah!
I second that nomination. Brotoad was ohr developer of the year in 2014.
so if not megaman sprite game, then [game]Samanthuel's Lovely Home[/game] for sure.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Still got to play that. And a hundred others. (And really looking forward to her next game, Tender Caves of Death. Lots of great games in the works!)
So you're nominating both games, Spoonweaver?
Last edited by TMC on Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:35 am, edited 4 times in total.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

yES BOTH GAMES!~

In fact, I nominate [game]All the games[/game]!
kylekrack
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by kylekrack »

Spoonweaver wrote:In fact, I nominate [game]All the games[/game]!
oh NO
My pronouns are they/them
Ps. I love my wife