almost stable release: release candidate!

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Does your game run okay in the wip builds? Test and let me know! :)

Works great!
36%
I only tested a little, seems okay
36%
I tested and found a small problem
9%
I tested and found a big problem
9%
Everything is crashing! It's all broken! Thank god I saved a backup!
9%

Total votes: 11

kylekrack
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by kylekrack »

Bob the Hamster wrote:TMC fixed that already, when the mouse is off the window, there should not be any mouse highlight anymore
Ah, right. I think I remember that being mentioned. I'm just using an old nightly, so I neglect these things.
My pronouns are they/them
Ps. I love my wife
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Actually, doesn't rightclick+scroll increment/decrement in the wrong direction? I feel like moving the wheel away (scrolling up) should increase instead of decrease values. What do other people think?

So I've just checked in two data corruption bugfixes, a fix for a infinite loop freeze, and a fix for script compiling being completely broken. At this rate we might reach stability by Thursday!
I'm going to leave the joystick fixes/rewrite until soon after release. We could always have a Dwimmercrafty+1 release for that if there's demand.

I've also added an attempted workaround for the white border problem. Wait for nightlies to be rebuilt (Revision>=9199) before testing. I also want to know whether this workaround causes any additional flickering when launching custom.exe. If so I'll back out the change.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

TMC wrote:Actually, doesn't rightclick+scroll increment/decrement in the wrong direction? I feel like moving the wheel away (scrolling up) should increase instead of decrease values. What do other people think?
That sounds backwards to me. I imagine that there is an invisible number-line with the low numbers on the top, and the high numbers on the bottom, and I am scrolling through it with the wheel. (In an honest up-means up and down-means-down way, not like those modern Mac OS X 10.7 and newer heathens!)

EDIT: I forced an early nightly build, so no need to wait until tomorrow to test the fix for the white border on Windows
Last edited by Bob the Hamster on Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Maybe you're right about that. Certainly for non-numeric fields, it seems natural to scroll down to reach later options (as far as non-numeric options are ordered at all).

Maybe the scroll speed should depend on how large the numbers are, so it goes up percentage-wise if you're editing big numbers; consider editing HP of an enemy with 2000 HP. Would be bad for ID numbers, though. Or better, it could work the way that the scroll wheel does on macs: the more you turn the wheel, the more it accelerates.

Today I found and fixed only two crash bugs. I've also been adding various polish, mainly to debug keys and documentation. Some of the largest features in this release were missing from whatsnew.txt (but they were no secret).
Last edited by TMC on Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Only [s]two[/s] (edit: three) bugfixes of note today. And some polish. And a feature missing from whatsnew that really was a secret.
Last edited by TMC on Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

The release happened! Here is the thread:

https://www.slimesalad.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=130662

TMC did some amazing last-minute bug-fixing in the past 48 hours ;)