Is there a way to change the timing of frames in an attack

Ask and answer questions about making games and related topics. Unrelated topics go in that other forum.

Moderators: marionline, SDHawk

TabletopTimeTurner
Red Slime

Is there a way to change the timing of frames in an attack

Post by TabletopTimeTurner »

i was wondering if it is possible for there to be a delay on some frames in an attack animation rather than moving all at the same speed?
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Not yet. That is definitely something we want to add in the future, but I don't know when it will be ready.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

The release after Dwimmercrafty!
Pepsi Ranger
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Pepsi Ranger »

Which release after Dwimmercrafty? ;)
Place Obligatory Signature Here
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

No really, the very next one!
The new animation system is a big project a long way from completion, so it doesn't make sense to hold up Dwimmercrafty any longer for it. It's been over 15 months since the last major release :(
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

I was thinking we should just switch to a fixed quarterly stable update. I could schedule alerts to remind us when the next date is approaching, and only very serious bugs would hold it up (never unfinished features)
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

I think 3 months is about the right time frame. I'm not sure how strict to be about release dates. I think it's not just serious bugs worth waiting for, but also regressions (things which might make people not want to upgrade) and especially anything that will cause a backcompat problem (e.g. if the way a feature works isn't finalised... it's much harder to change later). But having a date to aim towards means we can start working through the laundry list of things to do in time to meet that date, determine what won't be ready in time (so shouldn't be publically exposed), and avoid delays.
Last edited by TMC on Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.