It's been awhile...

Talk about things that are not making games here. But you should also make games!

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

user
Slime

It's been awhile...

Post by user »

How's everyone been? I was formerly imaginegaming, that might ring a bell...probably not.

Hope all is well.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

I remember you!

welcome back! :)

Are you working on any projects that you would like to share about?
user
Slime

Post by user »

Bob the Hamster wrote:I remember you!

welcome back! :)

Are you working on any projects that you would like to share about?
That's refreshing. Thank you.

I am working on a non OHRRPGCE game, but I'd like to start creating a game with the OHRRPGCE again.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

welcome back.

user
Slime

Post by user »

Spoonweaver wrote:welcome back.

Ain't that the truth, did I ever leave...?
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Hi!
Non-OHRRPGCE games are interesting too.
You ran OHRSpot, which sadly is down, and almost non-existent in archive.org's archives. You wouldn't happen to have a backup of the site? I'm interested in this in particular.

Any reason you have a new username? Let me guess, it's because the password recovery function doesn't work.
Last edited by TMC on Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
user
Slime

Post by user »

TMC wrote:Hi!
Non-OHRRPGCE games are interesting too.
You ran OHRSpot, which sadly is down, and almost non-existent in archive.org's archives. You wouldn't happen to have a backup of the site? I'm interested in this in particular.

Any reason you have a new username? Let me guess, it's because the password recovery function doesn't work.
Here's a early screen shot...it's a puzzle platformer targeted for mobile devices.

I might still have a back up on one of my old drives, I'll have to take a look when I get the time.

You hit the nail on the head...couldn't recover my old password.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Here's what I was able to find, wen't ahead and uploaded them to google drive.

Spring 2005

Summer 2005
Last edited by user on Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Nice style!
Last edited by TMC on Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
user
Slime

Post by user »

TMC wrote:Nice style!
Thanks!
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Oh, you edited with some links. Thanks! I'm working on compiling together all contest results, reviews, etc, and try to present the combined data. Did OHRSpot host any reviews or articles of its own, or was it just a news site? I'm curious why you were collecting Top 15/30 lists.

As for password retrieval not working, it's a known problem but Mogri doesn't know why.
Last edited by TMC on Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
marionline
Metal Slime

Post by marionline »

Welcome back! :)
user
Slime

Post by user »

TMC wrote:Oh, you edited with some links. Thanks! I'm working on compiling together all contest results, reviews, etc, and try to present the combined data. Did OHRSpot host any reviews or articles of its own, or was it just a news site? I'm curious why you were collecting Top 15/30 lists.

As for password retrieval not working, it's a known problem but Mogri doesn't know why.
No problem! OHRSpot did have one interview article, I'll have to dig that up. I wanted OHRSpot to be a all-in-one kind of site, anything OHR related in one spot. A little ambitious of a project for me at the time, but the desire is still there.

I've been digging into ruby on rails, so who knows, maybe I'll fire the project back up...
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Oh, you also had the same ambition? Interesting, that makes, what, five of us? It's been proposed a number of times (and actually achieved once, by MeatBallSub, but sadly the original TheHamsterWheel no longer exists).
I've started a website, but I haven't done anything in a few months (decided to work on the engine instead for a bit). It's written in Python, and not launched yet. So far I've only been collecting games and reviews, haven't started on articles yet.

It's just a single item, but I'd be happy to have that interview.
Last edited by TMC on Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
user
Slime

Post by user »

Glad I'm not the only one! LOL I'd be interested in seeing what you've put together so far.

Here is that interview, if you'd like the actual .txt file, I can provide that.

OHRS: How is Merciful Mungbeans coming along?
Meowskivich: It's coming slowly, but the entire game has been drawn out on paper, so it's a matter of putting it from rough-draft to pixels. The only exception are battle stats and any attacks I've yet to draw. The only thing on real pause is my sound effect creation due to me losing my flash drive with the programs I use in the creation of it, but I'm searching for it, so with much luck I'll be on the way of making weird tunes again.

OHRS: When do you think it will be finished?
Meowskivich: I would estimate sometime either late this year to early the next, though this was originally intended to come out shortly after beelzebuffo's release, but I couldn't just let quality slip for a rushed release. I loved the monsters I had in the game too much and I had to make a fully flushed out game. Also, at some point, I decided to add puzzles to the game since I felt like an RPG that's nothing more than "get from point A to point B while killing guys in the same ol' battles" was far too generic and boring, I wanted a better experience. Trivia: the more you know?

OHRS: Looking into the future, do you see a sequel for Merciful Mungbeans?
Meowskivich: I've entertained the idea for a sequel to the game, or rather a prequel, but whether I will go through with it or not is yet to be determined.

OHRS: What if the community demands a sequel, or a prequel?
Meowskivich: If enough people request it, there's a decent chance, I'd say; but without demand there's going to be focus on other projects. It's hard to say for sure, as I'm not sure how I would handle it. I sort of want the backstory for everything to be left to the player's imagination.

OHRS: What area of game creation do you think you need to approve on?
Meowskivich: The area of game creation I need to improve on is music creation, but I don't really know if I really care to focus on that. Other than that, adding more detail to layouts and things is a thing I'd like to focus on. I try to do stuff such as spice up things with flowers or cracked floors, but other than that I have difficulties. I've learned a lot in my few years of working with the OHRRPGCE, so I will probably obtain good skills eventually, and perhaps even start being at least "competent" in musical compositions some day, but I take it easy for now and spice things up as I discover ways to do so.

OHRS: Lastly, what is your favorite drink?
Meowskivich: What I drink the most is purified water. People don't typically think of water as tasty, but I beg to differ. However, other things of varying sorts are favored drinks by one such Meowskivich. I enjoy hot cocoa, whether plain, with marshmellows, or even a scoop of ice cream plopped in. Soda-wise, I prefer Ginger Ale. If you're around the state of Kentucky in the United States, you'll be able to purchase a fantastic quality ginger ale by the name "Ale 8 1", which is pronounced "a late one", which come in glass bottles. This is only sold in Kentucky. However, Meowskivich can't stand high temperatures, so he can't visit there often unless around Christmas time. Finally, Alcohol-wise, Meow can enjoy some Rum. Meowskivich actually dislikes most forms of alcohol, but Rum is actually pleasant to him. If he doesn't need to drive, he'll gladly have a drink or two.....oh, and I forgot to mention, for drinks, when talkin' juice I love Cherry-Limade.
Last edited by user on Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Cool, and it involves a game as well - so I can link to it from the game entry.
When was that conducted?