Campaign :: The Dragon Slayers

Talk about things that are not making games here. But you should also make games!

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

BMR
Metal King Slime

Post by BMR »

OOC: There's no alcohol in the wagon, but Kamaron does indeed have a bottle of fine wine on his person.
Being from the third world, I reserve the right to speak in the third person.

Using Editor version wip 20170527 gfx_sdl+fb music_sdl
Newbie Newtype
Reigning Smash Champion

Post by Newbie Newtype »

"It's not much, but the rations are made with three meals each. It should be enough to provide dinner for a group," he explains when handing over the ratios. After the exchange he returns to the group.
@BMR: I assume the farming family are approaching, and we're currently parked
<TheGiz> oh hai doggy, oh no that's the straw that broke tjhe came baclsb
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Atop the group's parked wagon, Slickens watches as the farming family approaches. There are 5 of them, and they all seem to be halflings. They are riding in a wagon drawn by two oxen that seems to be carrying vegetables. They are getting closer. None of the orcs or half-orcs in the encampment seem to have noticed them.

Back at camp, the one-eyed orc is gone into a tent somewhere, when Catt returns with the wine. As she's offering the wine around, she is in turn offered a crude mug of dark murky ale. The orcs and half-orcs are mostly grateful for the rations, though some greedily eye the rest of the group's wagon and even their beasts of burden.

The sun is very low and almost completely set as 3 large bonfires are lit towards the middle of the rows of tents making up the encampment. Large boars are being roasted as well as one very large bear. The orcs and the half orcs have begun gathering around the bonfires in preparation to eat. Among them, two tall elves easily stand out. They are dressed in fine clothing and each wears a wicked looking sabre on their hip.

"Looks good," Renold says as she examines one of the roasting boars. "I'm starting to think our supplies might have been an even trade for a meal like this. So, what's the plan here exactly? Are we going to try teaming up with this group to fight the dragon or are we simply trying to barter with them in order to hang on to our supplies?"
BMR
Metal King Slime

Post by BMR »

Kamaron pops out of his vision, and look around.

"Personally, I would rather us go it alone, but that is perhaps my desire for vengeance speaking. Right now, it seems to be a good idea to team up with them, or at the most create some sort of truce that allows for sharing of resources. When we get to West Town, I say we negotiate with the merchants' guild. We bring the orcs' leader, the higher-ups in the guild, and ourselves together into one room, and we discuss the terms of the truce. The orcs can provide military power, the guild can provide supplies, and we can act as an individual strike team that can go where an army cannot. There's a million gold being offered, we might be able to get away with something like, 50% to the orcs, 40% to the guild, and 10% to us. Granted, those rates might not be to the liking of everyone in this group, but for me, I'd be satisfied with just getting revenge."

Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Catt gladly accepts the murky ale and quaffs it down. She slaps the orc who gave it to her heartily on the back

"*Burp* Good stuff! Tastes like Dragon's slime!"

"So you guys DO have booze. What's Ol' Patchy's problem then? Why does he have such a stick up his butt?" she asks.
Newbie Newtype
Reigning Smash Champion

Post by Newbie Newtype »

After listening to Kamaron's ideas, he responds, "It does seem likely that we may be working with this guild. I saw no reason to reject their gesture of friendliness. I doubt they would let us dictate their military strategy without good reason, however."

"But quite frankly, if we are to leverage our advantage as a small, specialized group, it would be finding that good reason."
BMR
Metal King Slime

Post by BMR »

"Indeed. Right now, our only real value to them is as a contact with the Merchants' Guild. I could perhaps leverage in my influence with the Temple of Istus, but our clergy are not really known for acting out against dragons or for military might. What of you, brother Horace? Perhaps you might have a connection with some temple or the other that we can use to our advantage?"

Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

"Don't worry about Grunk," A hearty orc answered to Catt. "He's just on edge because of the purple dragons. Word is they've received several siege weapons based purely on their name. No such royal loans were afforded to us."

"It's a safer option than going ourselves, but I highly doubt we'll be rewarded as much as you're hoping for our troubles if we team up with a large guild such as this," added Renold to the conversation Karamon and Horace were having. "Those elves over there seem to have joined up though. I've never heard of elves in this guild, so it stands to reason they're here just for the dragon."
BMR
Metal King Slime

Post by BMR »

"True, we won't receive as much if we work with them, but why be greedy? If we can get even just 10% of the reward, that's 100,000 gold split between us, 20,000 for each member. Not a fortune, but certainly nothing to sneeze at. Add to that, that we'll certainly be stumbling onto a horde of some sorts, there'll be plenty of loot available for the taking."

Hang on, let me see if I can figure out what's going on with the elves.

With that, Kamaron moves into his alternate vision, checking what else he can see with his extra pair of eyes.

OOC:
Yeah, I know that 20,000 isn't really all that much at our level, but in-character for Kamaron it would be a decent amount, as for him it would be enough to get another house built as well as enough to expand his business.

Also, using the extra vision provided by Chain of Eyes. It's on for the next 10 hours, and can pass around freely to other targets upon touch should Kamaron so choose.

Newbie Newtype
Reigning Smash Champion

Post by Newbie Newtype »

"I don't think I would be able to face the gods if I sat back and allowed the dragon to reign free its fury against the people over a disagreement in reward."
BMR
Metal King Slime

Post by BMR »

"Indeed, brother Horace makes a very valid point. We may not be of the same faith, but we are both beholden to the gods, and they would most definitely not be too pleased with us if we put monetary gain over innocent lives."

Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Catt falls over laughing

"Siege weapons? The purple dragons are going to fight a dragon with SIEGE WEAPONS? Now that is a disaster I would almost PAY to see. What is this, a dragon with no legs?"

Catt puts on a voice of what she imagines a member of the Purple Dragons might sound like, which is pompous and nasally "Oh, Mister Dragon, Would you please stop moving side-to-side? It's making it terribly hard to aim! Oh! You are behind us now, please hold on for a few hours while we disassemble and rotate this trebuchet!"

After that laugh, Catt sips at the dregs from the bottom of her already-empty mug of ale, and wonders inwardly what other less-mobile things that somebody might want the Purple Dragons to lay siege too. A Castle? A Town? A Dragon that has been firmly chained to a Castle or a Town?
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Noticing that Grunk still has not returned, Catt digs around in her pack until she finds her old eye-patch. She puts it on, and borrows the top half of a set of armor from one of the more drunken orcs, and she begins an impersonation of Grunk, doing her best impression of the one-eyed orc's voice (which is terrible) ranting about the purple dragons, and generally trying to make the Kor-Saders laugh.

{{1d20 performance trying to make the orcs laugh at Grunk's expense}}
Judge Slimehold
Master Judge of Battles

Post by Judge Slimehold »

<p><b>Bob the Hamster</b> rolls...</p><ul><li><b>1d20 performance trying to make the orcs laugh at Grunk's expense:</b> 9</li></ul>