Campaign :: The Dragon Slayers

Talk about things that are not making games here. But you should also make games!

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Newbie Newtype
Reigning Smash Champion

Post by Newbie Newtype »

Horace recalls what had happened to the search party that went into the tomb first. An end met with vain and there was never any sign of reaching them from within. "I don't blame Johnny for easing on the thrill seeking after everything. I haven't seen the others, however. I assume they've returned to their prior business."

Horace starts to head out, but hardly acknowledges the people that may contempt his presence. Either he is doing his best to keep composure, or he genuinely has his mind on the task at hand truly. He gives Slickens a smirk, unsure how best to answer that question. Perhaps it's best not to try to think over it.
<TheGiz> oh hai doggy, oh no that's the straw that broke tjhe came baclsb
BMR
Metal King Slime

Post by BMR »

Kamaron heads out as well, heading for the usual place where he gets his horse stabled. He guesses that's where the wagon will probably be as well, along with the others. Soon as they arrive, he'll get the animals hitched up and ready to move out.
Being from the third world, I reserve the right to speak in the third person.

Using Editor version wip 20170527 gfx_sdl+fb music_sdl
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

The group made good time collecting BMR's wagon and beasts of burden. They were able to meet with BMR's hired help and leave town that day.
They kept a quick pace about them as they traveled and pushed their beasts hard.
The sun was beginning to set as they saw campfires. There looked to be a rather large group camped out near the road up ahead. They were still far enough away that the makers of the campfires were hard to see.
Last edited by Spoonweaver on Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Newbie Newtype
Reigning Smash Champion

Post by Newbie Newtype »

[quote="ooc"]Will Horace be able to make out what they look like within 60 ft? He has dark vision.

Spot check: 1D20+4 => (15 + 4) = 19[/ooc]
BMR
Metal King Slime

Post by BMR »

Kamaron is riding Pugsy alongside the wagon. He has his weapon unwrapped, allowing the morningstar to glow as bright as a torch. His eyes aren't quite what they used to be, and soon it's going to be quite dark. Then he sees the campfires up ahead. He turns to look up at Khadijeh who is driving the wagon. He signals to her and tells her to use the trinket he gave her.

OOC

Kamaron's ordering her to use the ruby of peril he gave her previously. Functions exactly like Omen of Peril an unlimited number of times per day. Glows white if holder is in no danger in the immediate future, red if in danger, black if at grave risk.

Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

The campfires are hundreds of yards away currently.
But yes, within 60ft in the dark you could.
Last edited by Spoonweaver on Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Catt is not watching the road ahead, she is sprawled in the back of the wagon, looking up at the stars. She has been humming to herself for several minutes, but she chooses this moment to break out into a song.

"Wy kracy zmy kirryd ajyr zmyur myivw, sy pivy zmyur wcfddw ulza zilcirvw!"
"Wy kracy zmy kirryd ajyr zmyur myivw, sy pivy zmyur wcfddw ulza zilcirvw!"

It is an old Gnollish drinking anthem, and Catt doesn't speak a single word, so if any Gnolls were listening, they would likely be appalled by her gross butchering of the pronunciation. The does get the tune more or less correct though.
Gizmog
Metal King Slime

Post by Gizmog »

Slickens joins in, with the song, stunned that anyone else knows it. The little goblin does speak Gnollish, thanks to a curious monk who had chickened out of a Vow of Silence and decided a Vow of Only Gnollish was good enough. He adds the chorus as he goes, but it's more coughing and spitting than actual words. Or maybe the monk didn't know any more of the words than Catt did. It wouldn't be too big of a suprise, in the language of the Gnolls the man was unable to pronounce his own name.
Newbie Newtype
Reigning Smash Champion

Post by Newbie Newtype »

Horace opens his mouth to point out the encampments, but the impromptu singing would drown his voice. He keeps an eye out for who the campers might be. He suspects it may be a guild making preparations to continue onward the next day, but can't tell yet; they could also be refugees from the city.

The humor of the gnollish song is completely lost on Horace, not understanding the language in the slightest, but he smirks in cheer none of the less.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

As the group gets closer to the encampment, they can vaguely make out crude banners. Horace is the first to notice who the banners belong to. He had several run ins with the Kor-saders before. They were all generally pleasant. The guild seemed to want to recruit him, but had never out right offered. Horace had seen the same treatment towards any other orc or half-orc that happened to cross paths with the guild. Horace had also heard of the hazing that all the new recruits went through. Someone had died during the hazing and a few others were said to have lost arms.

The group traveled closer still. The encampment seemed to be for close to 20 orcish members of the Kor-sader guild. They were pitching tents and gathering around fires, clearly preparing to rest here for the night. None of them seemed to notice or care about the group as they grew closer. The camp was about 50ft from the road and the group could likely pass the encampment without being approached from the look of things.
Last edited by Spoonweaver on Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Newbie Newtype
Reigning Smash Champion

Post by Newbie Newtype »

Horace practically yells so that he can be heard, "Wait! I think I recognize these people.. I believe this is an orcish guild, I could tell I was looked at with interest once but never quite scouted. We may be able to work with them."

After a moment, he warns, "But as a healer I advise against joining the guild. They hold a reputation for carrying out inauguration for recruits that has proven fatal.. or worse."
ooc wrote:Now I'm sure none of you guys will listen to Dr. McCoy in the face of a challenge :kamina:
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

The singing quickly gains the attention of the orcs as the group rides by. "Ho there travelers!" called a half-orc near a large pile of wood. Several of the orcs and half-orcs were looking at the group now. "It grows dark, perhaps you would like to rest with us?"
"We insist," called an orc in a less than friendly manner. The half-orc chuckled and raised a hand as if to quiet the others.
"My name is Rothgur, Ninth Shaman of the Kor-saders. We welcome you to join our feast tonight," said the half-orc.
Gizmog
Metal King Slime

Post by Gizmog »

Slickens drops to the ground and sniffs at the inviters and their invitation. Since when are orcs so generous? What does he sense about their motivations?
BMR
Metal King Slime

Post by BMR »

Kamaron looks to Khadijeh and whispers to her:

"What does the ruby say?"

Using the enchanted ruby to cast omen of peril.

Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Slickens senses that this group of orcs will stop them if they don't accept their offer.

Khadijah replies, "The peril is white.It seems we are in no danger."