Some Zelda talk (SPOILERS)

Talk about things that are not making games here. But you should also make games!

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Master K
King Slime

Post by Master K »

I use Octo Balloons to slime around with some of the shrines.

Don't like this puzzle? Strap a few balloons to a platform and float up to the monk.
Newbie Newtype
Reigning Smash Champion

Post by Newbie Newtype »

Eventide became trivial once I had Urbosa's Fury, which leads to an actual complaint that there's no way to see how many charges of the spells there are in the pause menu. I play with the Pro HUD when the regular HUD is the only way to see that info.

Not that big of a deal but I didn't realize that there were 3 charges of Urbosa's Fury until after I needed to monitor the recharge.
<TheGiz> oh hai doggy, oh no that's the straw that broke tjhe came baclsb
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

Newbie Newtype
Reigning Smash Champion

Post by Newbie Newtype »

LOL that works better than any vehicle I tried to make in Garry's Mod.
Newbie Newtype
Reigning Smash Champion

Post by Newbie Newtype »

Best Lost Woods in any game. It is horrifying and they made the clues to navigating it subtle and based on small details.

Love the Zelda 1 nod soon after.
Newbie Newtype
Reigning Smash Champion

Post by Newbie Newtype »

So as I was heading to the Eldin volcanic areas, I wound up in a grass field area being circled by Bokoblins on horses. I used a spear to knock if off the horse and then I decided to steal the horse for myself. Immediately it became apparent the horse was already trained by the original rider and had no problem letting me take over. It became a quick chase to take down the other rider now that I had a horse of my own.

I was able to take it to the stable with me. Since he was so cooperative and helped me out the moment I got him, I named him Trusty. He ended up being my first and only horse.

He had to be left behind so I could navigate canyons and mountains, but he came back when the game put you in the 2nd Ganon fight It's ol' Trusty finding a way to be useful one more time!
msw188
Metal Slime

Post by msw188 »

Love the mining cart Mario Kart. Agreed on Lost Woods being great. But the first horse I took from an enemy, well, it was near the edge of a cliff and as soon as I hopped on, it took off and we, hm, went for a dive together. Let's just say I never got a chance to name him anything.

One kinda weird negative (I guess?) about the Lost Woods - I tried the 'hard' Korok trial first, and didn't realize I already had a wood shield that was close to breaking, so it broke right away into the challenge. This made me think that the point of the challenge was to speed-blitz and avoid all the enemies because the Korok gave me slimy fragile equipment. Doing it that way made it pretty hard!
I am Srime
msw188
Metal Slime

Post by msw188 »

Finally found the last shrine yesterday. I cheated a bit for the last five. One I watched my friend find (I knew I had to go back to that area to search though), two I turned on the Sensor for, and the other two I used Sensor AND was able to look up what areas I was missing a shrine from.

Any memorable shrine searching moments for people? (SPOILERS OF COURSE) I felt really dumb when I only found the shrine near the jungle stable like my fifth time there. I think several of my favorites were in Hebra. An early favorite was the one in Lanayru Promenade, which I found super early by climbing up the interior of the waterfall with horizontal ice blocks.
I am Srime