The game "Star Trucker - Retro Space Simulation Game" by maunderingcabal was released in November 2016.
It is maunderingcabal's first game, I think.
As far as I've played, the plot is relatively easy to be told: The game starts in Space Station 1.
You play as a space trucker who needs to pay off dept before he can move with his family to another place.
**Bravo! Great Design!**
I really liked ...
- the idea!
- that you can enter a space station and talk to NPCs!
- the NPC looks, especially the holograms were a great idea!
- the map design
- I did not do many battles, but it seems like you can "fight" asteroids or ice clouds. Wow!
**Things that could be improved:**
- The game play was not so ... clear. I just could not figure out put the "how to make money"-advices to practice. Two times the space ship ran out of battery and the hero died in space: The first time I played I forgot to exchange the chips from the holograms against money. Guess what, without money you can't buy anything. The second time, I could not find a space station where to buy anything.
- Can I also play as a space trucking woman as well, please? Please?
The game was too difficult to be fun. Maybe the difficulty could be improved?
The graphics are nice and the space trucking setting is a cool idea!
The map design is also cool, inside the space station you play as the pilot, outside you play as the spaceship.