set window-size

Ask and answer questions about making games and related topics. Unrelated topics go in that other forum.

Moderators: marionline, SDHawk

Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

set window-size

Post by Willy Elektrix »

I just noticed an interesting behavior in Custom. If you enable the "skip title screen" bitset, the "default to full screen" option no longer works. In other words, if you skip the title screen, the game always opens in a window.

Is this by design?

Is there a plotscript command which will force a game into full screen?
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

I played around trying to reproduce this... but I think I just confused myself.

I think that what happened to you is that you encountered the fact that once you manually change between windowed or fullscreen while playing a game, that is remembered the next time you play the game, and the "default to fullscreen" option is never considered again. You have to delete the line from the gameconfig.ini file if you want to make the default take effect again.

I figured that maybe I should add a script command to let you toggle fullscreen in case you want to script your own menu rather than use the builtin menu editor. But I didn't get around to adding it. I was just a bit worried about people abusing it, or switching to fullscreen without the player explicitly asking for it which I think counts as abuse. Switching to fullscreen can be annoying, for example it can cause the OHR to crash if using DirectX running under VirtualBox (which is a VirtualBox bug, not an OHR bug), and used to permanently move all the icons on your desktop under KDE. What did you want it for?
Last edited by TMC on Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:55 am, edited 6 times in total.
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

You are so right.