50%
No
50%

Total votes: 10

RMZ
King Slime

OHR House Heroes Season 2 Open Discussion

Post by RMZ »

So after a discussion in IRC last night I dug up some files regarding House Heroes Season 2.

This has been an idea of mine for a long time. I actually wrote a script for it in 2013. I'm in no position to work on it now. But I do think maybe it'd be fun to see an interest level. I have a pilot written and I assume characters will need to be swapped around. Using the most memorable characters seems like the way to go, every time. Season 1 had a ton of big names, that I still see referenced as a collective group today. I won't share the pilot, but will share the outline I wrote.

I would need to likely spend a large amount of time preparing art files and building maps for the possible arcs I planned. The show would be built in the OHR and episode would be available on Slimesalad and RedTriangleGames and on youtube. Not sure the best method for voting. But that can be figured out later. I think with it being 2017 and it being so easy to do it, the show would have to be fully voiced which will add it's own issues with production.

The core cast is currently...

villains
--------
slime king : blasphemous saga
slither : triangle
billy : arfenhouse
harpoon : walthros
Gahn: Sword of Jade

Heroes
------
Woo : Walthros
Fat Frog : Fat Frog
Bob the Hamster : Wandering Hamster
Dogero : Sword of Jade
Louis the Goose : Mr. Triangle's Adventure

This isn't to say there aren't other characters written in the pilot.

==================
RULES OF THE SHOW:
==================
At the end of No More Villains, the Heart of the OHR was cast into space after draining all of it's power to fulfill the wishes of the villains and bringing the heroes back to life. The cast are on a spaceship hurtling towards the destination of the Heart of the OHR. The ultimate prize, granting the reciever one great wish. In the beginning, the cast are on two teams. Heroes and Villains. Each week both teams take part in Immunity Challenges, where, if they win, their team does not get on the chopping block for voting. After 2 or 3 episodes, the whole cast is united into one team, and then they are granted individual immunity rather than teams. The purpose of the show is to find out who is trully worthy of winning the Heart of the OHR.

Each week a cast mate is cast off into an escape shuttle back to Earth after being voted off.

RMZ will not be present, and Powerstick Man will be solely responsible for representing the show and upholding it's rules.

There will be a stowaway on the ship, Yo Ghost who messes things up from time to time.

The heart from No More Villains will later be discovered to be merely a piece of the True Heart of the OHR. This Heart has been guarded by the Cactus from Wandering Hamster for eternity. It has been making wishes, insuring it's survival over the years from it's defeat from Bob the Hamster.

Killing other cast members will result in dismissal from the show.
Pepsi Ranger
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Pepsi Ranger »

Weird, I was just thinking about House Heroes a week or two ago, and I wondered what would've happened if we had a Season 2.

Even though I'm worried the format won't be as popular today as it was when Season 1 and the main OHR House series was active, I still like the plot a lot, and hope this comes to fruition. I think you've got a good cast so far. Obviously, it would be a good idea to start bringing in newer classic heroes, like Tim-Tim, the girl from Vorpal Florist, and--well, actually, these characters are from side-scrollers, which would make it weird/hilarious if they were involved in trying to recover the Heart of the OHR. But I digress. New classic heroes should make an appearance. The old guys are welcome, but they could use a rest.

So, some questions:

What happens if they're voted off? Are they kicked off the ship? Stranded on a nearby planet? Would that lead to a spin-off?

Something else that might be worth considering: The Celebrity Apprentice usually brings back previous winners as advisors on the show. Maybe some of our older OHR heroes could be advisors rather than contestants. This would give them a presence while keeping the show fresh and relevant. I'd laugh my butt off if Housemaster was a quest advisor, for example.

Anyway...

Short Answer: Yes, please make this.
Place Obligatory Signature Here
RMZ
King Slime

Post by RMZ »

I think in the pilot Tim-Tim is in it. From reading it, the characters who I wouldn't want to swap out for sure are the villains. Gahn is written in a way that makes me laugh at how much a jerk he is, and Harpoon was heavily consulted on by Surlaw, so he's got a lot of his wacky charm. Somebody MIGHT die, I haven't read the whole thing yet.

It's a tough project to commit 100% to only because of the time and work involved with a zero chance of pay off in any way. The pilot might be an experiment to see if it can develop some type of a following before ever kicking off.

Cast mates are shot out using the ship escape pods each episode. With them being in deep space in pursuit, the prospect of judges being physically there would be impossible. But that's not to say we don't rip off the Jedi Council from the prequels of Star Wars and make hologram chairs for people.

If you're curious about the current draft, I could maybe format it and host it on redtrianglegames for you and anybody else who would like to discuss it. It would ruin the entire surprise element of the pilot though is the only thing.
Sparoku
Metal Slime

Post by Sparoku »

I second what Pepsi said. Go for it!
"One can never improve enough nor should one stop trying to improve."
RMZ
King Slime

Post by RMZ »

We talked about this briefly in Discord last night. I think if enough people want to participate in voting this time I would be open to doing this after Axe Cop is finished on a very limited capacity. I would likely do two episodes and then take a few months off and come back for two more. Would do that format as much as possible until we reach the end.

Wobbler and I talked about what a modern OHR House Heroes would be and I think the format can still be an executable game file, but it's true life would be on youtube with links in the description how to vote. I'd likely set up a poll on my own website and have the results filter in that way. If I do two episodes at a time, likely each 2nd one would be a cliffhanger and give it plenty of time for a non-OHR audience to discover this possibly and submit their own votes. Even public votes in the comments on youtube is fine. This isn't the type of thing where public voting is frowned upon.

With all of this said... I will volunteer to direct it, build it and produce it. But I would like to see us all work on it together, even if it's supplemental work. I wanted to have guest writers on Season 1 and it didn't exactly happen. I loved that about OHR House 3 and it would certainly prevent any bias from me because it's very easy to write for what you want to see with characters you favor.

We have a few major set pieces to design to make this a reality and we have a long time to go until we need them, but I can go ahead and list them...

Voice Acting - the show needs this to live, it might mean adjusting the size of the cast of characters. I'm certain I can talk Wobbler into voicing some dudes, and I'll do at least one or two, but we need some voice actors. If we want a girl character in this game, it's probably best to get an actual girl to do it.

Tile Assistance - the whole show takes place on a spaceship like the Enterprise. There's a lot of goofy stuff planned and we'd need something in a style that isn't so overly detailed that I could come in and do work to it too. Would be cool to have someone more talented than me design the interiors of the ship.

Better Confessional Graphics - I can do a great job with these, but there are better artists than me so this is on my list of requests for help.

Writing - I have a pilot written for the heroes and villains being at Space Academy. I found it! It will need to be freshened up as various characters are probably not as relevant now as they used to be. The core script is still super funny I think. The writing is mostly for after the pilot into the two episode release formats.

There are a lot of solid plans for this that I'm not prepared to publicly spoil. Some things that I can, at some point the ship gets stormed by bounty hunters looking for one of the shipmates. There will be other characters hurtling off towards the Heart of the OHR that the characters will be up against as well. There's a lot of sci-fi cliches planned, like being boarded by aliens, visiting planets based after specific geographic ideas (sand, rain, snow, etc).

I think making the pilot is still the way to go to test the waters for the show and audience's potential.

Please share your thoughts and if you would like to help? Probably start this January 2021 so lots of time to gather assets.
ArtimusBena
Slime Knight

Post by ArtimusBena »

If you need a break and just wanna have a fun palette cleanser project to mess around for a bit, I understand. So I'm not voting. I think it's on you.

I think... you're capable of a lot more than this. And you could use the same time and effort doing things to keep your momentum up career wise.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

I'll do some voice acting.
Rue
Slime Knight

Post by Rue »

I'm not usually one to vote "no" on making stuff. I think I did here just because I think there's cooler stuff that you could be making after Axe Cop. But hey man, you do you. And it's not like you can't do two things at a time.