Anthracite Solstice (Cyberpunk d20)

Talk about things that are not making games here. But you should also make games!

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Gizmog
Metal King Slime

Post by Gizmog »

"Disobeying? Who's disobeying? They have an AI, they want it gone. They told us we can take whatever we like out of the place. He practically asked us to steal the AI. And if that AI's what it's cracked up to be, it shouldn't have any problems finding a way for us to carry it out." he says to the kid who isn't from high school, turning his attention back to Tokamak.

"Exactly! And since we'd be on the surface, even if they don't go for it, the worst that happens is we ge stunned. Wish we had the high school card though. I'd feel better with some drama students running blocker for us."
Taco Bot
Meat, Cheese, and Silicon

Post by Taco Bot »

Scott grins ear-to-ear, giggles a little, and a look of concern flashes across his face. "But he said that it takes an entire fusion reactor to power this thing. What if we *can't* get it out of there? If it takes up an entire room, it isn't exactly portable."

"And convincing the AI to let us disable and steal it isn't going to be a walk in the park either. I mean, I might be able to do it. But if I mess up, that thing's gonna be pissed."

He leans back in his chair, closes his eyes, and mumbles to himself for a moment.

"Whatever, I still say we do it. That thing will be worth a fortune, and those chips will be peanuts in comparison."
Sent from my iPhone
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

"Good. Let's go." says Tokamak, standing up.

"Anybody got a vehicle?" she asks. "I'd rather not take Mr Slime's ride if we can help it."
Gizmog
Metal King Slime

Post by Gizmog »

Doc Piperman shrugs. "I kinda like the bus. That wasn't megaslime, by the way. I really do have to stop at my place and get some things. Feel free to tag along, might be easier than regrouping later."
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

"That's... Fine" says Tokamak, doing her best to conceal the sense of humiliation she feels just THINKING about riding the bus. Still better than walking... But...

"I'll tag along with you, Doc" perhaps his antics will distract her from... The... Bus...
Taco Bot

Post by Taco Bot »

Scott collects his things. He glances at Tokamak, figuring that if anyone here had a vehicle it'd be her. "Yeah, the bus sounds fine. I'll come with you two, I've got nothing better to do."
Last edited by Taco Bot on Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sent from my iPhone
Gizmog
Metal King Slime

Post by Gizmog »

"Excellent. Then we have a plan!" He gathers his doctor's bag and checks his backpack, collecting the business card and tablet left behind by the businessman if they hadn't already been collected. "Next stop, the bus stop!"
BMR
Metal King Slime

Post by BMR »

The group leaves the bar and heads for the bus stop. Nothing much happens along the way, and aside from spotting a few other derelicts and scum of society, there is little to note. At the bus stop, the group waits for some time, the bus being late as usual. It arrives soon enough though, and the trio board to head for wherever they're going.

OOC
You're free to wander the city if you want, or to head back to wherever your characters live. Go ahead and do whatever your characters are going to do (e.g. gathering intel, stealing stuff, hiring help, etc..) as once in the facility, it will be extremely difficult to leave. When you're ready, just say that you're heading to the facility and we'll get going.

Rolls
Skill Check: Spot (Wis)
DC: 20
  • Tokamak Coca-Cola: 20 (d20) + 0 (Ranks) + -1 (Ab. Mod) + 0 (Misc. Mod) = 19 Failure
  • Scott Ward: 8 (d20) + 0 (Ranks) + 1 (Ab. Mod) + 0 (Misc. Mod) = 9 Failure
  • Dr. Greg Piperman: 16 (d20) + 2 (Ranks) + 3 (Ab. Mod) + 0 (Misc. Mod) = 21 Success
As you leave the bar, you spot someone following you. By the time you arrive at the bust stop though, the figure has vanished.
Being from the third world, I reserve the right to speak in the third person.

Using Editor version wip 20170527 gfx_sdl+fb music_sdl
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Tokamak grows cold and quiet on the bus. She refuses to sit, and stands holding onto one of the poles, even though the seats are not all full.

Every time a motorcycle passes the bus, she flinches like she is being stabbed.

"Are we almost there yet!" she snaps at Dr Piperman through gritted teeth
Gizmog
Metal King Slime

Post by Gizmog »

"Yep." the doctor confirms, noting to himself that they're only 6 blocks from the first transfer. After that it's only fifteen or twenty minutes and then hop off in time to catch the Won Ton Express to the office. He's fiddling with his glasses, trying to get them to outline the man following them if he pops up again.

"Can't believe we didn't get the student discount." he grumbles, not pointing fingers at anyone.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

At the first transfer onto the second bus, Tokamak snatches a dog-eared route map from an old woman. She glares at it for a while, and then throws it on the floor.

"I need a smoke." she hisses at Scott and Doc, as if it was their fault she didn't have one.
Gizmog
Metal King Slime

Post by Gizmog »

"Terrible habit. Causes cancer." the doc says, giving his head a shake. He points to the raygun on Tokamak's hip before adding "So does that. Oh, and I didn't want to worry anyone earlier, but a man was following us."
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Tokamak stiffens in the exact opposite of nonchalance.

"Where? Is he on the bus?" She hisses.
Last edited by Bob the Hamster on Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
BMR
Metal King Slime

Post by BMR »

Rolls
Skill Check: Search (Int)
DC: 10
  • Dr. Greg Piperman: 4 (d20) + 6 (Ranks) + 1 (Ab. Mod) + 0 (Misc. Mod) = 11 Success!
A quick glance around the bus reveals that the man is not present.
Being from the third world, I reserve the right to speak in the third person.

Using Editor version wip 20170527 gfx_sdl+fb music_sdl
Taco Bot

Post by Taco Bot »

Scott glances at his own raygun. His is black market: definitely shoddier than Tokomaks, and probably a bit more carcinogenic. He briefly considers moving it farther away from his vital organs, before his attention is caught by the doctor's mention of their pursuer.

Keeping his voice down to a whisper, "slime, do you think they heard what we were talking about in the bar? We have to be more careful about this. These people seem dangerous."
Sent from my iPhone