Metal Slime
A review of Nathan's Halloween 
 PostThu Nov 03, 2016 7:58 pm
Send private message Reply with quote
This is a review of Nathan's Halloween.

So this was one of four entries admitted to the 2016 Halloween Contest, and it's astonishingly short. The author claims it only took ~50 minutes to throw it together for the contest deadline, and to the game's credit IT IS COMPLETE. In fact, all the games this year were completed - which is a trend I'd love to see continue!

There's not much here to talk about though. The game takes place on a completely black screen with one ghost NPC and your main character on opposite corners. Talking to the ghost initiates a battle on a down-sampled version of the classic sandsea.bmp. And then you get a single piece of candy, and are trapped alone in the dark with only the silly in-jokes in your status menu to comfort you once the crippling depression sets in.

I wish I could say more about the game, but there really is that little to talk about. So maybe this is a metaphor for something, or I might be reading too much into it, but there's nothing particularly spooky here - and really, none of the recent Halloween entries classify as that. I think I would have preferred Nathan's other game, which was started around Halloween last year. But then, not all of the contest games would've been complete, would they?
Pics or it didn't happen.