OHRRPGCE feature requests/suggestions

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

Thanks for the info! As for variable sprite size bugs, I've noticed that variably sized NPCs flash on the wrong location for about a single frame when you enter a map before snapping to the correct position. It's very minor and easy to miss so I don't think it's a huge deal, just throwing it out there.

Example attached
Attachments
kaiju0134.gif
kaiju0134.gif (183.28 KiB) Viewed 3591 times
Last edited by The Wobbler on Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Yes, that's the same bug I mentioned which puts the enemy cursor and attack graphics in the wrong position: sprite slices are the wrong size. A single bug causing many symptoms. I'll go fix it now.

Are you telling me that giant orb is an NPC?
Last edited by TMC on Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

Yeah, that's the largest NPC I've used so far. It works great other than that minor hiccup!
sheamkennedy
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by sheamkennedy »

That's going to look awesome once the bug is fixed! I think I'll start playing around with this feature now too.

Also I like how the NPC is underneath an overlay layer that has those white dots. At first glance it made me think that the NPC had a semi-transparent black portion.
Last edited by sheamkennedy on Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
⊕ P E R S O N A L M U S I C: https://open.spotify.com/album/6fEo3fCm5C3XhtFRflfANr
� C O L L A B M U S I C: https://dustpuppets.bandcamp.com/releases
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

The Wobbler wrote:I've noticed that variably sized NPCs flash on the wrong location for about a single frame when you enter a map before snapping to the correct position.
OK, this is now finally fixed, together with the battle stuff I mentioned and also a bug RMZ complained about, where large hero sprites are mispositioned in battles. However, nightly builds haven't been re-setup yet.

I'm sure there are still many positioning problems in battles to do with where combatants stand as they attack and attack graphics are placed if you use huge combatant or attack or weapon sprites, and I'll have a look for anything obvious but don't expect to fix it all immediately. Afterall movement of combatants is very broken anyway if you don't have enemies on the left and heroes on the right. (Please do report anything you see, though)

(I'm finally working through the Fufluns backlog)
Last edited by TMC on Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Yep the nightly build box is still in a box, at some unknown location between Los Angeles and Toronto. Its a bit of a Heisenberg's Cat right now.

But I am running a manual nightly for all platforms except Mac right now on my main computer (making the Mac virtual machine run is finicky)
RMZ
King Slime

Post by RMZ »

Do you have any updates for weapon sprites in battle? I posted an update to MTA the other day, and one of the characters uses gloves and all of the weapons appeared behind the character and not on top of like they did before. I have the same problem in Axe Cop unfortunately. I think I mentioned it a few months back if that helps.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Whoops! If you mentioned it, I missed it. Pretty serious!
Mefisno
Slime

Post by Mefisno »

Would it be possible to add a "confuse" status? Where after selecting a heroes attack there is a percentage chance they will carry out the attack on a team mate instead rather than the selected enemy?
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

A Confused mechanic is certainly doable... but how should each of the target classes be treated? You really only described the "Enemy" target class. And even then, maybe it should only affect attacks for which the player manually selects (or confirms) the target or the enemy AI picks a target. Plus there would need to be an attack bitset to ignore the Confuse status. Maybe there should also be an attack bitset to make Confuse take effect even when it normally wouldn't because the player isn't picking a target - for example you might give the player an attack that first does some kind of animation or buff or shows a caption, and then chains to a second attack that randomly picks a target and hits it. You would want the second part susceptible to Confuse.

* Enemy
* Ally
* Self
* All
* Ally (including dead)
* Ally not self
* Revenge (last to hurt attacker)
* Revenge (whole battle)
* Previous target(s)
* Recorded (stored) targets
* Dead Allies (hero only)
* Thankvenge (last to cure attacker)
* Thankvenge (whole battle)
* Counter (last to hit attacker)
Mefisno
Slime

Post by Mefisno »

Hmm that is a good point. I was only thinking of a confuse attack that targets a single foe. This foe (or ally) would remain confused for a while using it's attacks on members of its own team.
The attacks this confused ally/foe uses would then target single or groups dependent on how that attack is set.

Although after some thought and playing around with the countering in the nightly I believe I can make what I need using that by chaining together stuns and making a few different elements.
It's a bit similar to an idea I had for an AI controlled ally who would have a speed of 0 but all there attacks are dictated by being hit by an invisible enemy in the battle formation.

I don't know if that makes sense but it does in my head, Thanks I think I have it sussed :)
guo
Metal Slime

Post by guo »

How about two target options for attacks. One as normal and the other for when the attacker is confused?
vvight.wordpress.com
dantedynamite
Red Slime

Post by dantedynamite »

I know it's been said already, but being able to edit the prices in shops with plotscripting and raising the number of NPCs per map would be really useful.
guo
Metal Slime

Post by guo »

Finally hit the NPC limit for the first time. Incidentally, when a script creates new NPCs, the engine will select old ones to delete to make room. How is this calculated?

I know it's been said, but being able to play with the aim formula for attacks would be cool. I can already think of a mechanic where attacks chain to a "critical hit", which has a CTR% chance to hit.
vvight.wordpress.com
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

dantedynamite wrote:I know it's been said already, but being able to edit the prices in shops with plotscripting and raising the number of NPCs per map would be really useful.
kylekrack requested the ability to edit shop stocks. When he did, I thought up this list of script commands to add:

Code: Select all

shop stock count(shop id)  - returns number of things
stock type(shop id, stock thing number)  - returns stock:item or stock:hero
stock id(shop id, stock thing number)  - returns hero or item id
stock amount(shop id, stock thing number)  - returns number or stock:infinite
stock cost(shop id, stock thing number) 
set stock amount(shop id, stock thing number, amount)
set stock cost(shop id, stock thing number, cost)
find item in shop(shop id, item id)  - returns stock thing number or -1
find hero in shop(shop id, item id)  - returns stock thing number or -1
That's a lot of commands (though really there are only 4 unique commands), and I'm not entirely sure about them, so I don't know whether I'll be adding all of them.
guo wrote:Finally hit the NPC limit for the first time. Incidentally, when a script creates new NPCs, the engine will select old ones to delete to make room. How is this calculated?
If there are already 300 NPCs on the map, the "create NPC" command will look for one which is tag-disabled and overwrite it. (Searching through starting from NPC ref -1 and ending at ref -300). If there are no tag-disabled NPCs, it does nothing.
This is just a workaround, with the idea that overwriting a disabled NPC is less bad than createNPC doing nothing.
guo wrote:I know it's been said, but being able to play with the aim formula for attacks would be cool. I can already think of a mechanic where attacks chain to a "critical hit", which has a CTR% chance to hit.
I was surprised you couldn't already set an attack to CTR%, then I realised why I misremembered: zzo38 actually already implemented that (and many more new aim formula options!) but he didn't add the new options to the attack editor, because he was using his own custom (not Custom) editor for .rpg files! That's at least half the work. James already added most of the other new attack settings he implement to the attack editor (as I mentioned in the Etheldreme release thread recently).

So, now that you know it's already there, you can pester us about adding them to the editor.
I was kind of iffy about some of them though; I complained that I can't tell what effect they have because they're too complicated; we need a separate previewer to show you what the odds of hitting actually are.
Last edited by TMC on Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.