OHRRPGCE feature requests/suggestions

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

SwordPlay
Chemical Slime

Post by SwordPlay »

Could it be made so that an attack animation can be centred in the screen,
For when you want to use it for a large effect on the battlefield?
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

OK, I guess that's basically a new attack animation, kind of like Wave.
Master K
King Slime

Post by Master K »

Is there any way to edit item information/values with scripts?

If this isn't already a feature, how feasible would it be?
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

There are no such script commands at all.
One reason we've delayed adding them is to more easily allow a major change to the way item data is stored. For example I want to replace the equipment type of an item with a set of bitsets saying whether it can be equipped in each of the equipment slots.
But probably we have delayed unnecessarily and we can deal with having obsolete script commands.

Which specific item data do you want to edit?
Last edited by TMC on Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Master K
King Slime

Post by Master K »

Oh if it's going to be obsolete than thats cool, it's no big deal.

I'm just toying around with my randomly generated game playing with item names/descriptions at the very least. At most, editing actual stats and stuff. Creating unique legendary/mythical weapons to generate with worlds, generated pantheon based items, etc...
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Definitely no reason not to have commands for editing name and description.

Even if we later add "conditionals" to items, which can modify stat bonus and so forth, we can tack on an extra argument to item data script commands to make them act on one of the conditionals rather than the "base" item data. The same way that we added a map layer argument to "write map block" after map layers were added.
Foxley
Metal Slime

Post by Foxley »

Could a bitset be created to disable the "Standing + Attack A" victory dance so the heroes just stand there? Not sure if that'd be harder than it sounds.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Instead of a bitset (which would be pretty trivial to add), I think I'll just skip straight to making the animation editable.
Pepsi Ranger
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Pepsi Ranger »

Not sure if this is a feature or bugfix, but we need to have delete tools for zones that work on box, paint, layer paint, etc. As of now, zone erasure works only on "draw" mode.
Place Obligatory Signature Here
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

That is implemented, but admittedly it's not totally intuitive - it took me a few seconds to remember. See that "+/-: Adding tiles" that appears at the top of the screen when you select one of the tools other than Draw? Press - to remove tiles from a zone instead of adding them.
The reason that I didn't make the other tools work like Draw (remove tiles if you press Space while on a tile already in the zone) is because I figured that would be pretty annoying when you're (for example) trying to place a bunch of overlapping rectangles.
Last edited by TMC on Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

mind blown
Mefisno
Slime

Post by Mefisno »

Hi,

Long time lurker, first time poster here.
Is there going to be an increase on the limit for reserve heroes? I think the max number of heroes is 40 something at the minute.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Hi!
Yes. I know Fnrrf is also waiting on that, so that makes two people now and I'll try to prioritise it higher. James and I already did some work on it, and it shouldn't be hard to raise that limit.
The maximum is currently 41.
Last edited by TMC on Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

How's the next stable version looking? I don't remember if improved controller support was going to be in that one or not but I'm hoping so! Getting closer to finishing up Kaiju and want to make sure players can use their controllers before I release it.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Well, James is moving to Canada currently (I forget when exactly - did he actually say?), so immediately after he finishes moving would be the perfect time to release Fufluns. That way people will draw the obvious conclusion, assuming that James' move was holding up release, rather than me being totally responsible!

There's various unfinished stuff and bugs mainly to do with variable sprite sizes and the new spriteset editor holding up release. And which I have not been spending my time on. It seems there are a lot of bugs - people are reporting bugs far faster than I'm fixing them, but most bugs are not blockers for release, and most seem to be in Etheldreme too.
BTW, after I fix one of these bugs, the cursor positions on your giant enemies will shift to the top of the evemy sprite, and the attack graphics will shift to the center of the sprite, where they're meant to be (but not where you want them). I guess that means I need to implement enemy handle points soon (I promised that to guo soon anyway)

Both you and RMZ are screaming for joystick support, so I guess I'll have to do it real soon.

Edit: but the one type of bug that people have been complaining about far more than anything else is fullscreen support. Complaining that gfx_sdl fullscreen sucks, complaining that they can't use gfx_directx or that it doesn't get used, complaining that gfx_directx fullscreen is broken in Windows 10. I only know of one related bug that's new though, so probably not a blocker.
Last edited by TMC on Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.