Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Add "npc is walking (npc id) == false".
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

TMC wrote:Add "npc is walking (npc id) == false".
Well, that was easy enough! Boy do I feel dumb. Works perfectly now, thanks!
SwordPlay
Chemical Slime

Post by SwordPlay »

I'd like a textbox option to make the portrait picture shake, for dramatic effect.
"Imagination. Life is your creation."
SwordPlay
Chemical Slime

Post by SwordPlay »

I would like it if textbox choices could go to another textbox or to a script.
kylekrack
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by kylekrack »

Virtuous Sword wrote:I'd like a textbox option to make the portrait picture shake, for dramatic effect.
You could write a script for this. "lookup slice(sl:textbox portrait box)" gets the slice for the portrait box. You can use a for loop and put slice commands.
Virtuous Sword wrote:I would like it if textbox choices could go to another textbox or to a script.
If you use a script to call the original textbox, this is possible. You use show text box(), wait for text box, then if(check tag(tag)) then(show text box).
My pronouns are they/them
Ps. I love my wife
SwordPlay
Chemical Slime

Post by SwordPlay »

kylekrack wrote:
Virtuous Sword wrote:I'd like a textbox option to make the portrait picture shake, for dramatic effect.
You could write a script for this. "lookup slice(sl:textbox portrait box)" gets the slice for the portrait box. You can use a for loop and put slice commands.
Virtuous Sword wrote:I would like it if textbox choices could go to another textbox or to a script.
If you use a script to call the original textbox, this is possible. You use show text box(), wait for text box, then if(check tag(tag)) then(show text box).
Thanks. I know it is possible, I just find it unwieldy.
Do textboxes have extra data fields? I'd like something like that, and if you could set it as a textbox conditional then you could have branching options.
I'm still trying to figure out how to use menu extra data fields.
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

You can just have one of the choices turn a tag on, link to the next text box as normal, and set it to display a different text box when the tag's on. No need for scripting.
SwordPlay
Chemical Slime

Post by SwordPlay »

Yes, but my tags lists are always an awful mess. So are my NPCs etc.
Sometimes I have to look for tags spread out over 100 places! I get lost easily I admit.
I'd like to see textbox tags or something. That or textbox extra data. Or something.
I believe it (or some solution) has been mentioned to be upcoming in the future anyway though, so I'm being a bit impatient really... I just felt like moaning lol :p
Sorry guys! I know you work hard.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Oh yes, thanks for bringing it up, I did actually want to add an option to go straight to the next textbox from a textbox choice. I agree that setting tags is an unwieldy extra step.
However, I'm not saying that I'm adding this soon, only that I'm adding it to my infinite TODO list.

Shaking portraits: that's what animations are for.

Menu item extra data fields are unfortunately a mess because they behave differently depending on whether the menu is set to "Allow gameplay and scripts":
-if they do, but the menu item is set to "close if selected", then it's impossible to access the extra data. :( I'll fix this now. Don't use "Close if selected", manually call the "close menu" command instead
-if they do, and the menu item isn't set to "close if selected", then the first argument to the script is the menu item handle, which you can use to read the extra data
-if they don't, then the script gets passed 3 arguments: extra0, extra1, extra2.
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

One more request up in here! Would it be reasonable to add animations for spawned enemies, instead of them just popping in? Basically the existing death animations, played in reverse.
SwordPlay
Chemical Slime

Post by SwordPlay »

You're so very knowledgeable TMC! Maybe I can work it out now using your explanation? I will try, at least.

Another for the pile: I'd like have the use of an NPC activate a menu directly.
Usually I handle it through a textbox which goes to the menu.

(I actually uses textboxes a lot, cus they're so useful. Very functional)
SwordPlay
Chemical Slime

Post by SwordPlay »

I would like it if NPCs could be activated by a mouse in the NPC editor.
I see mouse functions as complementary and analogous to the current activation methods.

Activation
Use (Use on Mouse click)
Touch (Touch with Mouse)
Step on (Mouse over)
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

We will eventually have mouse controls for walking around a map and using NPCs. I have a plan for it.
Wendigo
Red Slime

Post by Wendigo »

It is currently quite hard to create different versions of map tiles by copy/pasting parts of a tile using the mark tool since it only allows to do rectangular selections.
So my proposal is to add a polygon based selection mode to the mark tool so that one can also copy non square parts to a new tile.
SwordPlay
Chemical Slime

Post by SwordPlay »

Wendigo wrote:It is currently quite hard to create different versions of map tiles by copy/pasting parts of a tile using the mark tool since it only allows to do rectangular selections.
So my proposal is to add a polygon based selection mode to the mark tool so that one can also copy non square parts to a new tile.
How about holding down Shift or CTRL with the mouse to add tiles to the current selection?

EDIT: I think a copy/paste board would work maybe?
Last edited by SwordPlay on Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.