OHRRPGCE feature requests/suggestions

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

TMC
Metal King Slime

Re: OHRRPGCE feature requests/suggestions

Post by TMC »

Whoops; you're right. Just replace SliceX with (SliceScreenX + CameraPixelX).

Maybe we should add convienence functions "slice map x" and "slice map y"!
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Those convenience functions would be... Convenient! Great idea!
jolt1k
Slime

Post by jolt1k »

would it be possible to add an option to move screenshots to another directory? they tend to fill up the main folder pretty fast, and if you move them then the numbering starts from zero again for the next screenshot, which makes it hard to keep track of everything
:V snacktime
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

jolt1k wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:40 pm would it be possible to add an option to move screenshots to another directory? they tend to fill up the main folder pretty fast, and if you move them then the numbering starts from zero again for the next screenshot, which makes it hard to keep track of everything
That seemed easy enough, so I've added a screenshot_dir setting to ohrrpgce_config.ini/gameconfig.ini. ohrrpgce_config.ini is confusingly flexible, so you can change the directory for all screenshots, or just Game or Custom, or just for a specific game, or set a relative path so screenshots go in a subdirectory next to the .rpg. It's currently not so easy or intuitive to view or edit the .ini, that's something I want to improve. I couldn't even remember myself how to set a game-specific setting.
guo
Metal Slime

Post by guo »

Could we have a bitset for "on touch" NPCs to activate when "walking into" the player instead of moving into an adjacent square (diagonal or otherwise)?
vvight.wordpress.com
guo
Metal Slime

Post by guo »

Also, we don't appear to have any scripting commands related to shops! I want to use shops as storage chests - ie you "sell" an item to the chest and it increments stock, and you can buy it back for free. The problem is, the chest will buy literally any item. The only solution I can see at this stage is to add every single item in game to the chests (shops) "available stuff" and choose "refuse to buy".

I'd like a shop bitset like : "Will only buy items listed in Available Stuff"
And also the ability to change the names on Buy/Sell menus or set them specific to each shop. "Withdraw/Deposit" in the case of my storage chests would be handy!
vvight.wordpress.com
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

On Touch NPC activation is notoriously bad. We do need one that's for actually walking into the NPC (the player into the NPC or vice versa). Maybe we could call it Bump activation. (Do you want only the NPC to be able to trigger it by walking into the player, not the player by walking into the NPC?)
As for On Touch, I think we'll likely eventually add a general preference bit to modify how it works, and/or add similar alternative Touch activation types, or even add parameters so you can adjust e.g. whether diagonally adjacent counts.

"Will only buy items listed in Available Stuff"
That's a great idea!
I haven't looked, but I'd hope custom shop menu item captions isn't terribly hard...
guo
Metal Slime

Post by guo »

A bump activation would be seriously great! Both walking into an npc or vice versa.

Cheers
vvight.wordpress.com
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

I'm rather confused why we didn't add such a thing earlier...
RMZ
King Slime

Post by RMZ »

Also curious why with some of the OHR-made shapes, rectangles and ellipses, why only rectangles can get any transparency settings applied to them? This would make it easier for making scripted shadows under characters rather than making ovals as sprites and doing the same task that way. Then we could control the shape and size of the ellipses too with it.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

It's just the way that alpha transparency works that I have to implement it separately for each slice type. I am going to add those at some point, but I'm already working on lots of other graphical features simultaneously.
Feenicks
Metal Slime

Post by Feenicks »

How difficult would it be for battles to use the entire battle backdrop with non-standard resolutions, as opposed to just the central 320x200 portion it currently does?
Attachments
ancientcave.png
ancientcave.png (6.22 KiB) Viewed 2800 times
falsesky0076.png
falsesky0076.png (7.04 KiB) Viewed 2800 times
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Very nice backdrop, and I'm surprised how much difference adding a little more to the left and right makes.

I already have an unmerged git branch which adds non-320x200 battles as a backcompat bit. It does not fix any of the graphical glitches that would happen whenever an enemy/hero/attack sprite moves over the screen edge (they might not move fully over the edge before disappearing). I'll have to test it actually works before merging it but it looks done. I think maybe there will also be GUI problems. I also have a big patch from Swordplay for support other resolutions in the battle menus that I was in the process of adapting that I'll try finish in time too.
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

I can't remember if this was requested before, but in addition to the standard Jump animation in battle could we have one that's Jump - Straight Up instead of angled?
guo
Metal Slime

Post by guo »

In addition - being able to use the jump feature of being untargetable until "land" but be able to set either animation to whatever we want:

eg: jump animation uses one of the death fade outs, and the land animation is a fade in at target.That way we could program things like " dig " from pokemon.
vvight.wordpress.com