OHRRPGCE feature requests/suggestions

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Editing them all at one is impractical, but I think just *seeing* them all at once is a reasonable request :)
guo
Metal Slime

Post by guo »

I think this has already been asked but I'd love to see elemental resistances on the hero stat screen, or when previewing equipment.
vvight.wordpress.com
Nathan Karr
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Nathan Karr »

guo wrote:I think this has already been asked but I'd love to see elemental resistances on the hero stat screen, or when previewing equipment.
For the hero stat screen: Press the Use key when viewing the hero.

For previewing equipment: That's a good idea but it could look very cumbersome since you can have a lot of elements being messed with at once.
Last edited by Nathan Karr on Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Remeber: God made you special and he loves you very much. Bye!
guo
Metal Slime

Post by guo »

Thanks Nathan! How did I miss this? It's perfect and exactly what I wanted, can even change the description text for (eg) healing elements.
vvight.wordpress.com
guo
Metal Slime

Post by guo »

Can we have custom "equipability" for items?

Eg hero 1 can equip dagger as weapon or accessory, but hero 2 can only have it equippable as weapon.
vvight.wordpress.com
SwordPlay
Chemical Slime

Post by SwordPlay »

guo wrote:Can we have custom "equipability" for items?

Eg hero 1 can equip dagger as weapon or accessory, but hero 2 can only have it equippable as weapon.
I believe this is planned already, but probably not anytime soon.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Not a request. Felt the need to say thanks.
I love using the full screen mode when looking through sprites, or editing maps, it's really helped out a lot.
Attachments
full screen mode.png
full screen mode.png (155.72 KiB) Viewed 2786 times
Last edited by Spoonweaver on Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
kylekrack
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by kylekrack »

What about names for NPC definitions? Sometimes I have multiple invisible NPCs that call the same script and there's no way of differentiating them from the Edit NPCs... menu.
My pronouns are they/them
Ps. I love my wife
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

NPC names will be very useful! For example annotating NPCs in the map editor, NPC ID constants in scripts, referring to the same (or equivalent) NPC on different maps without needing to be the same NPC ID, embedding NPC names in textboxes.
I already have a git branch for that, it's about half done. Haven't touched it since last year.
guo wrote:Can we have custom "equipability" for items?

I think that this would be a very useful feature, which is why I wrote (most of) this Plan for improved items, which allows not just that but other interesting variantions such as:
-Stat bonuses (and elemental resists) that change based on which slot you equip it in (e.g. main vs off hand), who equips it, what tags are set, or any combination
-Setting a tag when a particular hero equips something, or it's equipped in a particular slot
-A two-handed sword that prevents you from wielding a shield in your off-hand
-...A barbarian character that can wield a two-handed sword in one hand
-A sword that gives better stat bonuses when you're not also holding something in your off-hand

Not mentioned in the plan but related is letting you control how many copies of each equip slot each hero has
-E.g. an octopus could equip 4 pairs of gloves (actually, I don't think octopuses can do that)

Problem is, that Plan seems too complex to be user friendly. I think the examples I listed show that the complexity of multiple "equipment definitions" per item is worth the utility, but I need your help to improve it!

I wrote a long reply about it in this thread before, see here. James' response. He doesn't seem convinced.
Nathan Karr wrote:For previewing equipment: That's a good idea but it could look very cumbersome since you can have a lot of elements being messed with at once.
Yes, this is often why stuff like this doesn't happen: it could easily be a huge amount information to display, so how should we do it? Put a huge ugly box on a screen to hold a potentially long list of elemental resist info?
But recently someone on discord suggested letting you hide elemental resists just like you can hide stats, which is a great idea.

As for a map editor mode to view everything at once: it's a very good idea. I often find it annoying that you can't see NPCs except in NPC placement mode, since they're often part of the scenery. Requires some code cleanup.

Spoonweaver: pleased to hear it!
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

TMC wrote: I wrote a long reply about it in this thread before, see here. James' response. He doesn't seem convinced.
I re-read, and I am fine with the plan as long as there is a default set of stat bonuses, and using per-slot stat bonuses is an optional override.

I think the plan is good, and I like the features it provides.
Chronoas
Slime

Post by Chronoas »

Minor thing, and possibly even a bug fix as opposed to a feature request.

Context: In my game, I have a 'mama slime' boss. Whenever you strike it with a non-elemental attack, it is set to spawn a standard 'Slime' enemy that 'breaks off' due to the attack. It then has an attack it can potentially use when not alone that effectively sucks up all small slimes and heals the boss (in other words, deals damage to all other slimes equal to their HP, and absorbs that damage to heal). Tactically speaking, the idea is to be managing the amount of slimes you're spawning by having some party members killing them off so the boss doesn't undo all the damage you're inflicting.

The problem: The spawning on non-elemental hit works great, except that it's still spawning slimes even when a character misses, which is frustrating, and I've found no way to change that. I don't know if that'd be considered a bug, or whether the feature exists and I just missed it; otherwise, I'd like to request a bitset to "Do not spawn from missed attacks".

Also, minor other thing, when the boss does a spread attack and absorbs the damage, it only visually shows the healing from one of the multiple hits (as far as I know, it does heal for the full amount). Preferably, it should show the total absorb.

Example: It hits 3 targets for 12, 13, and 14, and absorbs the damage as healing. It will heal for 39, but shows "+14".
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Recently I added "Attack option to control whether counterattacks are triggered on a hit, miss or fail, with a global default in Battle System Options menu".
I ought to have also added an option to control spawning in the same way. And half the work is already done. I would just add that immediately except there are dozens of other things to be done immediately.

The bug where absorb spread damage isn't displayed correctly was filed as bug 2040, but it's not entirely trivial to fix. I do hope that gets fixed soon too.
Last edited by TMC on Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
guo
Metal Slime

Post by guo »

Can we please have Level or even Exp as a stat option for attacks?
vvight.wordpress.com
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

OK, that's a nice idea.
guo
Metal Slime

Post by guo »

Thanks! I'd still love to be able to play with accuracy smore too, like giving attacks a certain % chance of hitting independent of the attackers stats.
vvight.wordpress.com