My plotscripts are getting ffed

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

QuestLord5000
Slime

My plotscripts are getting ffed

Post by QuestLord5000 »

Yo,
Working on a cool Final Fantasy type RPG. Things can go from light speed to complete standstill on this project. Ive figured out how to do everything I wanted so far. Character select screen is what im stuck on. It actually does everything I want it to. I got every plotscript to work. Intro screen then txt then character select then after u choose ur fighter u teleport to first level. Then u see a pikeman and when u roll up on him he does the robot dance. All of this was successful. Now its doing some bs. Every plotscript i have loaded now is unfunctionable. I reload plotscripts reselect them from where they can be chosen to b activated by txt boxes or by the beginning of game. WTF? Do i have to have them as .hs?? Don't seem to make a difference. Like I said before all of these plotscripts worked fine. Now when i test the game half of them will stop working . I load one and it works then another and the one works and the other will stop working... Help is much appreciated. Thx yall!!
Jonar Guitierrez
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

I think we will need more information so we can help.

Can you tell us more about exactly how the scripts are not working? Are you seeing error messages?
BMR
Metal King Slime

Post by BMR »

Might help to post the scripts in question as well, if at all possible.
Being from the third world, I reserve the right to speak in the third person.

Using Editor version wip 20170527 gfx_sdl+fb music_sdl
Gizmog
Metal King Slime

Post by Gizmog »

While we definitely do need more information, my preliminary guess is that you're trying to split your scripts across multiple files? If you do that, like uhh..
scripts.hss wrote:
plotscript,Blah,begin
while (True)
do (

showvalue (Random (1,100))
wait (1)
)
end
scripts2.hss wrote:
plotscript,Blah2,begin
showtextbox (random (1,100))
end
You can't import Scripts and THEN import scripts2. It overwrites it. You have to do
scripts.hss wrote: include, scripts2.hss

and so on and so forth
and then compiling scripts.hss will also compile scripts2.hss or however you name and organize your scripts. Again, this may not be the issue, it's my best guess based on the ifnromation given. More information would be great.
Last edited by Gizmog on Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.