Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Gizmog
Metal King Slime

Post by Gizmog »

Fenrir-Lunaris
Metal Slime

Post by Fenrir-Lunaris »

Figure I'll post this here too - http://www.slimesalad.com/forum/viewgame.php?p=125226

Witch2 reminds me very VERY strongly of the Fox and 86.
Feenicks
Metal Slime

Post by Feenicks »

Yeah, got the wrong halloween thread there.

Both of the ones I've played have been neat. Finished IDK's one, a bit into Fen's one.
Nathan Karr
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Nathan Karr »

I threw a game together in less than fifty minutes http://www.slimesalad.com/forum/viewgame.php?p=125232
Remeber: God made you special and he loves you very much. Bye!
Foxley
Metal Slime

Post by Foxley »

Fenrir-Lunaris wrote:Figure I'll post this here too - http://www.slimesalad.com/forum/viewgame.php?p=125226
Just beat this and, except for grinding for tier 4 gatcha monsters for 1-2 hours straight, thoroughly enjoyed it. The Vampire is hilariously OP and pretty much soloed the final bosses.
Feenicks
Metal Slime

Post by Feenicks »

Alright, it's the 31st, which seems appropriate for some short writeups of the games.

Nathan's Halloween: You wander from one end of a blank screen to the other and fight a ghost who can potentially stunlock you. That's it.

Necromancer Cat-Eating: This is very much a traditional OHR game, not like that's a bad thing - you're given a silly reason to go on your adventure, besides the very beginning you can generally cruise through things, and it's not that long at all. It's got your halloween stuff in spades: ghosts, a graveyard, a dark forest, werewolves, and so on. You get three characters - a nerd who fits himself into a suit of armor, an older furry, and a ghost. The nerd's kinda useless after the point at which the second two get multitarget spells, beyond stealing attack items, but that isn't too big an issue in this type of game. This was fun, though!

Hallowoof: In this game you play as a furry who spends 90% of your time in a room indirectly traumatizing a younger furry. I guess there's also a neat gacha mechanic going on as well.
Said gacha mechanic has Fen's patented 'you get better random stuff as you level up' mechanics from some of his other games here, albeit in a more fun/meaningful way than just equipment. The monsters you summon all fall into 6 archetypes [physical attacker/magic attacker/healer/rogue/debuffer/buffer], which seem of varying utility [never really used the healers beyond the beginning, given that Hati's heal is almost always enough to tide me over], but I generally used them all at some point in the game, which is nice. Your enemies also fall into the same categories, although the lack of attack captions makes that a bit hard to say for sure.
Graphics are great, as to be expected of a fenrir game. A lot of the robed outfits seem to have an excessive amount of folds in them for whatever reason, which bugs me a bit. Music choices are also pretty good, but I'd have to question the choice of music that's used in all the scenes of a lewd bent.
Out of all the ones here, this is definitely the most well-polished of the lot, which is something I can expect from Fenrir at this point [s]even if 99% of the spells weren't affected by mute in the beginning, making the status effect pretty useless[/s]
Did you really have to have the final boss be almost the exact same as the boss you fought before it, though? That was kinda lame, even if the final boss gets the ability to get rid of all the debuffs you've put on it.

My one: I was originally going to go with a general expansion of witch.rpg [albeit one with Carmilla as the main character instead of Verdi/Wyrd], but I really, really wasn't feeling it, so I eventually switched over to something that was purely exploration/puzzle-based. I feel like I did a generally good job of communicating the hints, besides maybe one for the hidden rooms.
The candles are there mostly because I wanted to have a more overarching task than just collecting one-off outfits, and having one outfit that was a good bit more involved to get than the others seemed appropriate for this sorta game.
also it was an excuse to draw lots of silly/skimpy outfits

Not going to rate these just yet, though.
Attachments
Liked this boss.
Liked this boss.
necromanceratemycat0002.png (34.79 KiB) Viewed 4335 times
Seems about right. [So did these two just walk over when they were summoned or something?]
Seems about right. [So did these two just walk over when they were summoned or something?]
halowoof0004.png (17.33 KiB) Viewed 4342 times
If you only get these many items in my game, you actively decided to not actually play it, and I'm ashamed of you.
If you only get these many items in my game, you actively decided to not actually play it, and I'm ashamed of you.
witch20012.png (9.73 KiB) Viewed 4342 times
Last edited by Feenicks on Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Foxley
Metal Slime

Post by Foxley »

By the way, I seem to have discovered an engine bug while playing with Gatcha tickets.

It involves erasing Hati from existence via the Dismiss menu.

https://youtu.be/GXJbMb274gk
Idontknow
Slime Knight

Post by Idontknow »

Oh you card :v:

I had fun with S&S and Witch2.rpg, I'll probably write up some quick overviews tomorrow. Also, I'm glad people enjoyed my game.
Last edited by Idontknow on Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Working as intended!
Fenrir-Lunaris
Metal Slime

Post by Fenrir-Lunaris »

Foxley wrote:By the way, I seem to have discovered an engine bug while playing with Gatcha tickets.

It involves erasing Hati from existence via the Dismiss menu.

https://youtu.be/GXJbMb274gk
Oh my! That's most definitely a bug!

It seems that once the number of summoned/recruited heroes hits the maximum of around 40-ish, any newly added heroes are added into slot 0 and everyone gets shifted one down further in the lineup. Since under normal circumstances, it's not possible to move Hati's position, the game won't let you delete her from the lineup, but WILL let you dismiss other heroes in other positions. Thus, forcing a locked hero OUT of position like this bypasses the hero checking I wrote in, and BAMF, no more teal-haired-Magical-Girls. :hurr:

This gave me the idea to add a second layer of checking to the hero deletion script to force Hati back into Slot 0, and also to remove the selected hero's equipment before dropping them, mainly as a small quality-of-life touch.
Foxley
Metal Slime

Post by Foxley »

Whoops, I didn't know the Dismiss item wasn't a built-in part of the engine. I thought it went hand in hand with Team. That sounds like a good way to make sure people who spammed Gatcha trying to get a perfect tier 4 team don't accidentally delete Hati though.

Also I just watched the latest Jontron episode and thought this seemed relevant:
Last edited by Foxley on Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
kylekrack
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by kylekrack »

always relevant down here on the interwebs
My pronouns are they/them
Ps. I love my wife
Nathan Karr
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Nathan Karr »

I should've put a pair of furry boobs in my game, but I only spent about an hour on the thing
Remeber: God made you special and he loves you very much. Bye!
Fenrir-Lunaris
Metal Slime

Post by Fenrir-Lunaris »

https://www.tumblr.com/video/warhammer- ... 24733/700/

Since the contest's over now, and pretty much everyone who's going to play the games has already download them now, I went ahead and added TWO major changes to Spooks. First is captions for enemy and ally attacks - mainly to give the player more feedback for what's going on (which is never a bad idea). Second is adding ALL the summoning/dismissing gimmicks to the Grimoire (which is what should have been done in the first place), as well as a short "magical girl transformation/powerup sequence" whenever you summon a new ally. It's cheeky, but Sailor Moon's has been more explicit. Consider this fair warning? :(
Feenicks
Metal Slime

Post by Feenicks »

So those votes, huh
Gizmog
Metal King Slime

Post by Gizmog »

I'm sorry, I totally forgot to set up rules for voting and I'm up to my slime in family megaslime right now. Feel free to vote amongst yourselves and sorry this thing's such a shitshow. I haven't even had time to play the games yet.