Wandering Hamster Progress

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Nathan Karr
Liquid Metal Slime

Re: Wandering Hamster Progress

Post by Nathan Karr »

Bob the Hamster wrote:I removed James and replaced him with Misa DuHamstre (who you might remember from Crypt of Baconthulhu and Don't Eat Soap)
I never got that far in Baconthulhu, but I definitely played her in Don't Eat Soap. I like her here.

One thing I find very amusing is how little dialogue had to change to replace James with Misa. The line "You've lived here longer than I have" really killed me - Bob's been in Flanat for almost twenty years longer than Misa has.
Remeber: God made you special and he loves you very much. Bye!
SpikeReynolds
Slime

Post by SpikeReynolds »

Good Lord, I'm hyped. I've been playing around with WH for the better part of 16 years. I'm glad it's still going.
Nathan Karr
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Nathan Karr »

I really appreciate the damage boosts on Bob's first-level magic.
Remeber: God made you special and he loves you very much. Bye!
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Re: Wandering Hamster Progress

Post by Bob the Hamster »

I uploaded a fresh release of Wandering Hamster (link)

I don't know when YOU last played, but I was surprised at how long it has been since I uploaded a copy to Slimesalad. If you thought Bob was still stuck in Jormungandling's belly, you will find there is a lot of new content.

You can get a ship and roam the world now, and there are some new places to go and some old places to revisit for side-content, but the next big plot-point quest doesn't exist yet after you can explore the world.

One thing I did want to attention to is the new card mini-game. You can't unlock it normally until after you get the ship, but here is an rsav file that you can drop into your wander.saves folder if you want to skip right to it.
wander0021.gif
wander0021.gif (1008.14 KiB) Viewed 1070 times